IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

On 3/19/2019 at 5:14 AM, FelipeRolim said:

I simply undo the configuration (netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Ethernet" dhcp) and connect the Audio-PC to the router. After I update the Audiophile Optimizer ou activate JPLAY, I set the IP as fixed again. Since my computers are close to each other and are quite accessible behind the rack, it's easier to do this.

Felipe  is this in response to my query about having the Audio PC with no internet?

Is so I would need a little more  explanation to try this

thanks

magicknow

Well, my computers use Windows Server in Core mode, with no GUI. All I do is by command line. I leave, to facilitate, remote access enabled, so that I can command the two computers through the notebook (mstsc.exe).

When the computer has the IP set as fixed (task for which use the command netsh interface ipv4 set address name ="Ethernet" source=static addr=192.169.0.1 mask=255.255.255.252), there's no internet access. And, as the Audiophile Optimizer only needs internet at the time of installation and configuration (and this only in the Beta version), when I use it, just activate DHCP again, through the command netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Ethernet" dhcp. I then connect the computer to the router. To revert, just fix the IP again and you're done. I find it simple and, for my case, fully functional. For a user of a JCAT network card (which has two possible connections), this isn't even necessary. Just swap the network port.

Something odd this minute.

In core mode I have the system boot to command prompt. When I choose AudiophileShell as default followed by wanting to revert to command prompt again I am instead presented the desktop with icons. Resetting optimization via ST and rerunning AO again doesn't change that.

Anyone an idea what's going on?

yes I do. This happens because of the check of ServiceTool. It first must "know" in which mode it is to set the right default shell. Becuase of the FOD installation this checks returns the wrong result and will end up with explorer as shell instead of cmd in Core Mode.

This will be fixed in the next beta :)

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

9 hours ago, FelipeRolim said:

Well, my computers use Windows Server in Core mode, with no GUI. All I do is by command line. I leave, to facilitate, remote access enabled, so that I can command the two computers through the notebook (mstsc.exe).

When the computer has the IP set as fixed (task for which use the command netsh interface ipv4 set address name ="Ethernet" source=static addr=192.169.0.1 mask=255.255.255.252), there's no internet access. And, as the Audiophile Optimizer only needs internet at the time of installation and configuration (and this only in the Beta version), when I use it, just activate DHCP again, through the command netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Ethernet" dhcp. I then connect the computer to the router. To revert, just fix the IP again and you're done. I find it simple and, for my case, fully functional. For a user of a JCAT network card (which has two possible connections), this isn't even necessary. Just swap the network port.

correct way is found in general 2019/2016 thread

On 3/20/2019 at 2:14 PM, FelipeRolim said:

thanks Felipe    this worked :)

Hi all,

I enter yesterday at Beta tester program thanks to AudioPhil.

I have dual boot WS2019-Core and WS2019-GUI.

I only was able to install AO3Beta36 on GUI. With Core mode it was looking for a Win Installation media, I put the same pendrive I installed WS2019-Core and it was not found by AO installer.

Well, I went for GUI mode for my first testing session and could do some tries.

My first trying was comparing Sound Signature (SS) SS1 vs SS2.

To me was clear, I liked SS2. SS1 is more harsh sound, highs are harder and a bit more little soundstage. Sound is bodier and full in SS2 too. 

Intel DH67BL motherboard. Intel i7-3770 CPU. 16 GB RAM DDR3 1333. HDPlex H5 2nd Gen. HDPlex Linear PSU 200W. HDPlex 300W DC-ATX psu. ifi-iUSB3.0 / ifi-iGalvanic3.0, Paul Pang V2 USB card. Asus Xonar Essence STX. Nixon Saru DAC TDA1543 nos, DIYINHK USB interface, diy PCM1704 NOS DAC, ifi nano DAC. ODAC. diy Pass F4 & BA3 frontend, diy EML-320BXLS SE amp., diy D.Self Compact Blameless, diy Aksa 55.  PGA2310 Volume Control.

Dual boot Windows Server 2019 GUI - Windows Server 2019 (Core)

Bug Head 7.27 (avx), Foobar2k, Hysolid

WTFplay

21 hours ago, luismc said:

Hi all,

I enter yesterday at Beta tester program thanks to AudioPhil.

I have dual boot WS2019-Core and WS2019-GUI.

I only was able to install AO3Beta36 on GUI. With Core mode it was looking for a Win Installation media, I put the same pendrive I installed WS2019-Core and it was not found by AO installer.

Well, I went for GUI mode for my first testing session and could do some tries.

My first trying was comparing Sound Signature (SS) SS1 vs SS2.

To me was clear, I liked SS2. SS1 is more harsh sound, highs are harder and a bit more little soundstage. Sound is bodier and full in SS2 too. 

Hi

this works perfectly fine for everyone else?

100% sure you used the same media like for installation of windows itself?

best,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Today I had tried again and the same result. The pendrive used was the same as Windows install. It was detected by explorer normally.

On the other hand, I have get same issue when trying to install FoD. DISM was not capable of finding the source of files, that was in a virtual unit mounted by Powershell. These unit was perfectly saw in explorer.

FoD was installed by an internet connection instead.

Intel DH67BL motherboard. Intel i7-3770 CPU. 16 GB RAM DDR3 1333. HDPlex H5 2nd Gen. HDPlex Linear PSU 200W. HDPlex 300W DC-ATX psu. ifi-iUSB3.0 / ifi-iGalvanic3.0, Paul Pang V2 USB card. Asus Xonar Essence STX. Nixon Saru DAC TDA1543 nos, DIYINHK USB interface, diy PCM1704 NOS DAC, ifi nano DAC. ODAC. diy Pass F4 & BA3 frontend, diy EML-320BXLS SE amp., diy D.Self Compact Blameless, diy Aksa 55.  PGA2310 Volume Control.

WTFplay

Hi

please post a screenshot showing the content of the pen drive. I need to see the files in the root and the folder structure.

thanks,

AudioPhil

16 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi

please post a screenshot showing the content of the pen drive. I need to see the files in the root and the folder structure.

thanks,

AudioPhil

image.png.81056192939ae34d6e81af422c8e2d69.png

WTFplay

only the file boot.wim in folder "sources"

Yes, is a spanish Windows version.

WTFplay

Not found these file.

WTFplay

The strange thing is how I could install AO3 in WinSrv2019-GUI and no Windows pendrive asked.

WTFplay

This is perfectly working as designed. In GUI mode there are no files missing to restore the audio stack and other functionalities.

In Core there‘s a lot missing. The setup routine copies all the needed files and AO adds the missing registry entries and makes many other changes to restore those needed functionalities.

I have done a new bootable pendrive with the ISO image and this time AO3 was installed with success on Server Core !

WTFplay

1 minute ago, luismc said:

I have done a new bootable pendrive with the ISO image and this time AO3 was installed with success on Server Core !

What did you change in the process or anywhere else?

I have used other pendrive. The pendrive used before was a Linux boot (WTF Player) before I grab a bootable Windows one, I have no idea if that was a problem, but some times these pendrive was not detected properly.

WTFplay

Disappointed with JRiver not stable enough to use. I took a break and went for a vacation.

After I got back, I noticed that Beta36  is now available.  So does JRiver MC25.

This prompt me to start another new installation.  I reinstall Windows Server 2019 Core.  Load in JRiver MC25.  Everything works fine.  I load in AO3 Beta36.  Then I do a AO optimizatiuon and this time, I chose the option of not shutting down the screen.

Now, everything works!!  Every playback source is selectable.   JRemote works.  Even Ayre QX-5 USB playback works!!  For the DLNA, this time, I turn off DOPe....WOW!  This is the first time I am able to play DSDx4 (DSD256) natively on my Lumin X1!!

DAC: Lumin X1 + Ayre QX-5 ethernet via DLNA and Ayre QX-5 USB using ASIO driver 

Driver: DLNA + TUSBAudio ASIO driver 1.65 (Streamlength)

Need to press F8: N/A

Player: JJRiver Media Center 25 64bits

KS working: Not Sure

WASAPI working: Not Sure

Needed HD Audio Driver: No

I am so happy!

(Audio)

Please also test the shell replacement for the new jriver version which was released way after beta 36. 

let me know if it works.... 😎