IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Latest beta 36:

It runs very stable, and sound is the the best I have heard with computer audio👍

I like the new features a lot as well.

How about a direct posibility to change the sound settings without restarting AO?

Asus Prime-P z590 MB. Intel Core  i5 11400 , Jcat usb XE Pci-usb card. Intel Optane m2 with Euphony Stylus software. And running Ramrod.

Jcat Femto Netcard. HDPlex linear w300, HDPlex 400 atx, HDPlex H5 case. MPAudio SLS-hpuln with JCat Optimo Nano Powering the Jcat XE pcie-usb card. Farad 3 lpsu powering the Netcard femto. 2 Buffalo 2008 switch. One stock, and one Buffalo 2008 switch with NewclassD Neutron star Clock powered by MPAudio SLS-hpuln,

Voltcraft fps_1132 lpsu Powering the fibernet box, and first Buffalo 2008 switch. With a Idovr regulator. 

4 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

i might start with another question first :)

What is your (i mean all beta testers) opinion about AO 3.00 in its current form (beta 36)? How do you like the new features? What about sound quality? speed and stability? Please all beta tester answer this question for me, this will help me get a sense of it all.

Thanks,

Phil

In my simple system I think it is wonderful.

The largest improvement has been that my electrostatic speakers have literally come alive!

Transparency

has reached a whole new level.

Thanks for you efforts.

5 hours ago, Peter Avgeris said:

I would like to see something more on AO.

It is not related to SQ issues. Far from it...

After Optimization, the network configuration through 'sconfig' is corrupted. No changes can be made after Optimiation.

This is the only thing missing from AO3.

Otherwise, I think everything is fine.

Just my two cents

Maybe this can help:

On a Windows 2019 system:

• Via CMD:
    • takeown /F c:\windows\system32\en-us\sconfig.vbs
    • icacls c:\windows\system32\en-us\sconfig.vbs /grant everyone:(F)
      • above "everyone" is use to keep it simple, it's not a good security choice. This can be replace by the Windows account used at login.
  • Via Notepad, edit sconfig.vbs / goto line 726 / replace line with:   DisplayIPv6 = Nic.IPAddress(1)
    • It's therefore a question of commenting the line in question, in order to avoid the error when editing network adapters later on
14 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

i might start with another question first :)

What is your (i mean all beta testers) opinion about AO 3.00 in its current form (beta 36)? How do you like the new features? What about sound quality? speed and stability? Please all beta tester answer this question for me, this will help me get a sense of it all.

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil,

AO 3.00 Beta 36 is very comfortable and stable and sounds excellent.

There is this one problem in core mode, that direct sound doesn't work like in gui 2019 and in core 21016 and 2012.

Winfried

7 hours ago, Gato said:

AO 3.00 beta 36 is OK:

• Sound quality is very very good and bring my system to life.
  • The system has not encountered any stability problems.
  • New features are very helpful.
  • If speed can be improved, it will be a good point.

PS:

Suggestion: Detail "To increase Simplicity": When AO ask for a binary choice, harmonise the questions so the answers can always be (Y)es or (N)o (no more E , D or ... at keyboard).

To be honest these questions don't bother me unduly. In some ways I think it helps  concentrate on the job before I select.

Hi Phil, fully agree with the enthusiasm about SQ mentioned above.

I started with 2019 GUI on my Audio PC ( Femto, PS Audio DSD dac), was impressed, then moved to 2019 Core and was twice as impressed: I can hear the air between the cello strings...

With 2.20 I preferred KS, now WASAPI is a clear winner. 2019 Core & AO 3 is a golden combination.

When 3 GA is available I will upgrade my Control PC.

Thanks... and please continue dreaming, imagining and surprising us!

Hello Phil,

There is only two minor issue that I encounter during installation but easily worked around to get going. Is this something which can be remedied.

Starting with a clean OS windows server 2019 core build

Install JPLAYfemto and activate = restart and confirm activated.

Install PS Audio DAC driver = confirmed DAC connected.

Install AO beta 36

Run AO beta 36 in ultra-mode and results in

JPLAYfemto now unlicensed, I need to run turbo activation restart and confirm activated again.

PS Audio DAC driver is now in error in device manager, I need to uninstall device and reinstall device all is ok after that.

JPLAY and DAC driver installed before I run AO optimisations, that’s the right process order or am I wrong?

Thanks

John

9 hours ago, gonefishing said:

Hello Phil,

There is only two minor issue that I encounter during installation but easily worked around to get going. Is this something which can be remedied.

Starting with a clean OS windows server 2019 core build

Install JPLAYfemto and activate = restart and confirm activated.

Install PS Audio DAC driver = confirmed DAC connected.

Install AO beta 36

Run AO beta 36 in ultra-mode and results in

JPLAYfemto now unlicensed, I need to run turbo activation restart and confirm activated again.

PS Audio DAC driver is now in error in device manager, I need to uninstall device and reinstall device all is ok after that.

JPLAY and DAC driver installed before I run AO optimisations, that’s the right process order or am I wrong?

Thanks

John

look at post 1251 for correct steps to install OS and driver

I am very happy with AO Beta 36, although I am using it in a relatively simple way. I'm using a Roon server (Roon ROCK linux based software) connected via ethernet to a NUC running AO and HQ Player. I then have a separate endpoint (Signature Rendu) running HQP NAA and connected to the dac via USB. The sound quality is massively improved over a standard Roon server to Roon endpoint setup, I can't go back.

I have had HQ Player quit unexpectedly on one occasion soon after installing this beta but it has been stable for a few days now.

Maybe I'll next try running the Roon server on Server 2019 and AO next.

DAC/DDC: Lampizator Pacific

Driver/Version: Amanero 1062 ASIO

Need to press F8: No

Player: HQ Player - no upsampling

KS working: Not used

WASAPI working: Not used

Needed HD Audio Driver: No

Thanks very much Phil for the software and support on a couple of occasions!

Hi

Through all the bata’s tested 31 to 36 I have never had to disable the driver signing at startup. Its never been a problem.

Regarding my DAC driver getting knocked out after running AO - Audio Optimisations.

From Audio Phil’s manual page 5 - Recommended Scenarios

"Best Practice After installing Windows, a Media Player, Drivers for your DAC or DDC as well as the AudiophileOptimizer be sure that everything works before you actually use the AudiophileOptimizer."

It made sense to me when I read the manual and having verified - everything works before you actually use the AudiophileOptimizer. AO - Optimisation - is knocking the DAC driver out.

AO is an optimiser, shouldn’t it need to know about JPLAY and DAC drivers before running AO -Audio Optimisations. Or has the best practise process manual page 5 - Recommended Scenarios changed?

I would like to hear from Audio Phil on that thanks 😊

12 hours ago, gonefishing said:

AO is an optimiser, shouldn’t it need to know about JPLAY and DAC drivers before running AO -Audio Optimisations. Or has the best practise process manual page 5 - Recommended Scenarios changed?

I would like to hear from Audio Phil on that thanks 😊

It wasn''t until Peter Avgeris and TubeMan's flows that things came together. The pdf guide has been very confusing to me :\

Ahead of Phil's reply, what happens could be order related. Somewhat different from your post #1415 here's what works for me:

install ws2019
mount/install fod 
run netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off
run sconfig [set system time/zone - windows updates - static ip]
install chipset > reboot
install ao > reboot
ao -wasapi > reboot
st [set auto logon]
install dac driver [set latency in panel]
run devmgmt.msc [disable exclaimed(!) devices -  turn off hd write caching]
install/activate jplay > reboot
run ao

So installation of AO is way before finally running its optimization. Note that I don't use WASAPI but when I started including it all has been flawless. Possibly coincides with gamechanging beta35.

My setup was running fine in WS2019 Datacenter core mode and today all of a sudden after a reboot by AO returned my setup to a GUI mode. It does not appear to be a full fledged GUI mode but it is with bottom task bar and tray icons with desktop shortcut icons scattered on my screen. Is there a simple way to kill this gui environment? More surprising thing is it seems one can switch modes in 2019, not? 

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

1 hour ago, shinyc said:

My setup was running fine in WS2019 Datacenter core mode and today all of a sudden after a reboot by AO returned my setup to a GUI mode. It does not appear to be a full fledged GUI mode but it is with bottom task bar and tray icons with desktop shortcut icons scattered on my screen. Is there a simple way to kill this gui environment? More surprising thing is it seems one can switch modes in 2019, not? 

"More surprising thing is it seems one can switch modes in 2019, not? "

NO It's not possible

40 minutes ago, TubeMan said:

run, service tool and change shell to cmd/command and it will disappear

I am not seeing the "cmd/command" as a choice in the ST. I tried "AudiophileShell" and it got rid of the GUI shell. Then i tried "Restore default shell" and I am taken back to the GUI shell. This last choice took me to the simple command prompt (i.e. cmd window) but now I get GUI shell. Actually I think this is a nice finding. I can go back and forth between core and gui. You confirmed that I cannot do that in 2019. What am I seeing here? Can anybody explain this for me please?

PS. I like the "AudiophileShell" a lot. It is much better than the simple cmd window. It is like a text driven gui desktop. hehe

PS2. Now I see a speaker entry in the sound control. The mysterious GUI must have brought it to life. WTH

PS3. I can not produce test tone via the speaker (in the sound control). And no output via wasapi (jplay).

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2