IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

1 hour ago, Gato said:

AOb36:
DAC/DDC: T+A DAC 8 DSD
Driver/Version: T+A USB Audio USB Driver / 1.0.62.0
Need to press F8: YES
Player: HQPlayer 3.25.3
KS working: YES
WASAPI working: NO
ASIO working: YES
Needed HD Audio Driver: NO

No more error when running AO Setup

PS:
Control "PC": Mac OS 10.14.3 / Roon 1.6 (build 401)

ERRATUM: Because I was working on Windows 2016 but I left by mistake the "Windows 2012 R2" media on the USB key, sorry 🤭

Now, I redo it the right way, so:

AOb36: SUCCESSFUL
Need to press F8: NO
WASAPI working: YES

No more error when running AO Setup

PS:

Phil, I updated from B34 to B36...you did it again. What an increase in speed and density to the sound. Slope of dynamics and attack have improved a lot. Dynamic impulses in electronic music (e.g. Trentemöller) are so aggressively fast on the D200...it's scary...if you don't know the song you're twitching and dodging in your chair before the synths would eventually hit you 😉

Very, very nice. I can't wait for B36 to settle a bit and become more of an ease over the next days of playing.

One drawback after installation of B36 on single PC/WS2019/gui (shell replaced) the WiFi (just for controling app) had some glitches (no internet). Had to be rebooted several times and JPlayFemto service was down (not booting). I'd to reinstall JPlayFemto once and reset the UPNP app (HiFi Cast). After that everything was working as normal.

AOb36: SUCCESSFUL
OS: Single Audio PC: Windows Server 2019 Essentials (yet) GUI Shell replaced
DAC/DDC: Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 , Devialet D200
Driver/Version: latest original Matrix Audio XMOS
Player: JPlayFemto
KS working: YES (stable at '1000Hz', Hibernate 'On' in JPlaySettings)
WASAPI working: N/A

gui

Wanting to up upgrade from 34 to 36. 

I use shell replacement, and need the service tool, to change to the gui.

But when I run “st” task, it only tells, that there is an Update, and service tool screen quickly closes again. 

Im a bit Stuck here it seems. 

Asus Prime-P z590 MB. Intel Core  i5 11400 , Jcat usb XE Pci-usb card. Intel Optane m2 with Euphony Stylus software. And running Ramrod.

Jcat Femto Netcard. HDPlex linear w300, HDPlex 400 atx, HDPlex H5 case. MPAudio SLS-hpuln with JCat Optimo Nano Powering the Jcat XE pcie-usb card. Farad 3 lpsu powering the Netcard femto. 2 Buffalo 2008 switch. One stock, and one Buffalo 2008 switch with NewclassD Neutron star Clock powered by MPAudio SLS-hpuln,

Voltcraft fps_1132 lpsu Powering the fibernet box, and first Buffalo 2008 switch. With a Idovr regulator. 

6 minutes ago, Lauritsvd said:

Wanting to up upgrade from 34 to 36. 

I use shell replacement, and need the service tool, to change to the gui.

But when I run “st” task, it only tells, that there is an Update, and service tool screen quickly closes again. 

Im a bit Stuck here it seems. 

You need to go the beta portal and download B36 and the copy the AO files  to a Thumb drive and run setup.exe.  It will update AO to B36 then ST will work as  expected.

19 minutes ago, magicknow said:

You need to go the beta portal and download B36 and the copy the AO files  to a Thumb drive and run setup.exe.  It will update AO to B36 then ST will work as  expected.

Thank You 👍😀

Asus Prime-P z590 MB. Intel Core  i5 11400 , Jcat usb XE Pci-usb card. Intel Optane m2 with Euphony Stylus software. And running Ramrod.

Jcat Femto Netcard. HDPlex linear w300, HDPlex 400 atx, HDPlex H5 case. MPAudio SLS-hpuln with JCat Optimo Nano Powering the Jcat XE pcie-usb card. Farad 3 lpsu powering the Netcard femto. 2 Buffalo 2008 switch. One stock, and one Buffalo 2008 switch with NewclassD Neutron star Clock powered by MPAudio SLS-hpuln,

Voltcraft fps_1132 lpsu Powering the fibernet box, and first Buffalo 2008 switch. With a Idovr regulator. 

15 hours ago, Gato said:

AOb36:
WASAPI working: NO
ASIO working: YES

PS:

Sadly no WASAPI for 2012 R2, this is known :(

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

On 3/1/2019 at 9:56 AM, magicknow said:

I upgraded to Beta 36 with no issue.  There is a very significant increase in SQ

@magicknow Did you do a fresh install from scratch or just the AO?

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

Have now sufficient skills to get through full implementation although not to a successful outcome:

DAC: EMM-Meitner DAC 2

Driver: Meitner 2.0 ASIO

F8: Not needed

Player: JRiver x64 (but will not fully load)

KS: Yes, but not used

AO -Wasapi: Loaded successfully

HD: Audio driver not used

Have tried numerous full  re-installs but simply cannot get JRiver beyond hourglass, inactive.

Now thinking whether to drop back to 2019 Standard (Desktop) which allowed JRiver to run with great SQ but without AO, or move to JPlay Femto, Bubble UPnP and Minimsever plus AO??  Time will tell.... Have not tried AOb36.

Ron

1 hour ago, magicknow said:

I just ran the AO setup.exe

Good to know. Thanks. 

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

10 hours ago, winmore said:

Have now sufficient skills to get through full implementation although not to a successful outcome:

DAC: EMM-Meitner DAC 2

Driver: Meitner 2.0 ASIO

Player: JRiver x64 (but will not fully load)

KS: Yes, but not used

AO -Wasapi: Loaded successfully

HD: Audio driver not used

Have tried numerous full  re-installs but simply cannot get JRiver beyond hourglass, inactive.

Now thinking whether to drop back to 2019 Standard (Desktop) which allowed JRiver to run with great SQ but without AO, or move to JPlay Femto, Bubble UPnP and Minimsever plus AO??  Time will tell.... Have not tried AOb36.

Ron

i have the same issue

Using JPLay Femto Player and JPlay Femto Server with Bubble UPnP  is better SQ than JRiver but of course with out the additional features of JRiver

I also Run  Roon  with the JPLay ASIO driver,  the SQ of the Roon setup is not as good as JRiver  with JPlay ASIO (when  I can get it to play)

I have not tried JPlay Femto with Miniserver yet,  Marcin recommends using JPlay Femto Server for best SQ.

Phil  i am a bit confused,  if this type of discussion is  appropriate for AO Beta thread?

Also the issues with getting JRiver  to run with Server Core,  is this something that you can  fix with AO?

magicknow

I was responding to Phil's requests concerning DAC used, wasapi etc and noting I am unable to get JRiver to work with AO.  I will move to the general Server 2019 forum for comments on alternatives.  Sorry to offend guidelines for this forum.

I have AOb36 on a new build of my Jplay Femto Audiopc, win 2019 standard core, ramdisk.

I had some problems getting the KS and the driver set up but don't know what caused it. Nothing worked until I started again on a fresh OS install. Not a big deal as I had a backup copy of the clean os on vhd. 

DAC: PS Audio Directstream dac

Driver: PS Audio ASIO

Player: Jplay Femto 2PC

KS: Yes

AO -Wasapi: did not try to install

HD Audio Controller: not used

I haven't had time for a proper listen and it was sounding great with b35 anyway.

@Herman17 I have DSD128 playing on my PS Audio Directstream dac with KS and hibernate. I cant find a DSD256 track to test although I have a couple somewhere.

New config and clean install:

DAC:  EMM - Meitner DA2 Reference

Driver:  USB DAC with XMOS xCore U8 output (KS)

F8:  Not needed

Player:  JRiver x64

KS:  Yes

AO - wasapi: did not install (have Meitner DAC 2.0 (Wasapi) driver available in JRiver Options but I think KS better SQ in my system.)

HD audio controller:  No

With AOb36 very impressive sound. 

On 3/2/2019 at 6:01 PM, magicknow said:

i have the same issue

Using JPLay Femto Player and JPlay Femto Server with Bubble UPnP  is better SQ than JRiver but of course with out the additional features of JRiver

I also Run  Roon  with the JPLay ASIO driver,  the SQ of the Roon setup is not as good as JRiver  with JPlay ASIO (when  I can get it to play)

I have not tried JPlay Femto with Miniserver yet,  Marcin recommends using JPlay Femto Server for best SQ.

Phil  i am a bit confused,  if this type of discussion is  appropriate for AO Beta thread?

Also the issues with getting JRiver  to run with Server Core,  is this something that you can  fix with AO?

magicknow

Maybe a separate thread would be better

____________________________________________________________________________________

8 minutes ago, Anto said:

Simple curiosity... 😊
How much longer is it, roughly... To the release of the official version 3.0
Thank you
Anto

i might start with another question first :)

What is your (i mean all beta testers) opinion about AO 3.00 in its current form (beta 36)? How do you like the new features? What about sound quality? speed and stability? Please all beta tester answer this question for me, this will help me get a sense of it all.

Thanks,

Phil

Hi all, for me the current version i.e. beta 36 is solid as a rock, I keep the secondary impiantino turned on even for several days!
Another very important thing and that Phil has solved I think almost 100% of the problems of using any DAC on the market!
Last thing, the sound quality;
I have not yet managed to test it on the main plant, as it has no network card, but I am fully sure that it will not disappoint me!!!
On the secondary system is very good!
Greetings
Anto 😊

28 minutes ago, ingemar said:

Hi Phil.

In my system it can't be any better,the best "computer"sound ever!!Thanks for your efforts Phil!!

Agreed totally regarding SQ.  Speed (Beta 36) is a bit slower than prior Betas probably due to more behind the scene checkings, stability is near perfect, new features are near perfect.  No complaints.  Only one remained wish:  one key stroke optimization, similar to AO -e (express) option but custom to invidual user's selection.  Similar to Canon's C1 and C2 buttons.  That would be slick.

Overall, this AO3 incarnation is better than ever.  Kudos to Phil for his brilliant work, conquering the WS2019, bringing us a not only stable working environment featuring all three major drivers (ASIO, WASAPI, KS), new features, but the best ever SQ.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.