IGNORED

Islamists attack Radiohead fans.

I'm not sure what left-wing and right-wing means anymore. I was taught that right wing meant fascist : Schoenberg's situation was interesting -- although he himself considered his radical music to be inspired by German nationalism, the German nationalists though ought rejected his music as "Jewish" -- thankfully he was able to emigrate to America, despite the widespread views that Jews were agents of Communism (left-wing) . We should similarly be thankful for our ability to accept Hindemith.

How did the Communists (left wing) treat modern composers? There is the well known relationship (he he) between Stalin & Shostakovich who was forced to create more nationalistic music in order to save his career.

So nationalism seems to be thematic of both left and right wing.

So right vs left wing? Similarities? Differences? Country, blues, folk, jazz, metal, rap? Is music identified with politics?

Very complex issue. As a Jew, fairly well versed on American Jews and American history in general, I am often left scratching my head as to why so many Jews were so entrenched in the communist movement in the 20s, 30s and 40s. It never made sense to me that they identified with an ideology that despised them. To this day the % of left voting Jews is the overwhelming majority. Left versus right need not be pejorative despite how people hate to label unless they are doing the labeling.

I think people like myself are misconstrued for what we believe in. Most like myself believe in the Constitution as written and amended not morphed and abused by politicians and their SCOTUS surrogates since the New Deal era. Is that "nationalistic"? I guess. Once again guilty as charged.

Do I side with the greatest minds of this country, namely Madison, Jefferson, Hamilton and Washington versus some of the worst such as Bush, Clinton and Obama? I will take the former any day.

That's where we differ. The term ugly American is more applicable now than it has ever been, and it applies across the political spectrum. But I agree with you, it's a result of conceit, ignorance and our sense of privilege.

Yup I agree with you and I think your adjectives makes the labels irrelevant.

It comes off as irrational religious zealotry, and makes you look crazy.

Please describe what rational religious zealotry might look like...since I've never seen it in action.

Dave, who has zealous distaste for all zealots because if nothing else they are carriers of contagion

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

ME? I was responding to the fait accompli post by YOUR Brother in Arms, Paul R. He made the post and I responded why I think he is wrong based on her duplicitous and illegal activities.

Trust me, if I "come off crazy" for pointing out that Hillary who is a complete and utter failure in everything she does, supports and condones her husband who is a rapist and molester, who engaged in illegal and seditious activities while SOS with her email server taking money for her "Foundation" for self-enrichment regardless of the consequences to our country then I am guilty as charged. The real crazy thing is that so many choose to support her regardless of her baggage. Pretty remarkable.

So let's go back to denigrating Islamists as that was the point of your OP, no?

Whoa - I noted more than a few other examples of what I can see as nothing less than mental illness.

*Then* I gently teased you just a tiny bit. I probably should not have, but I hoped it would pd get you to smile rather than go off on a rant. Please forget the tiny bit of teasing I unwisely entered into the conversation.

Not everything in the country has to be an entry for more partisian rhetoric please...

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

All good!!

I think the term Ugly American is no longer applicable except maybe as it fits Hillary. I think it has been replaced by the naive and stupid American. The latter a much better choice given how dumb most Americans have become

LOL... You're delusional. I suppose you think Netanhyu is a swell guy too...

No electron left behind.

LOL... You're delusional. I suppose you think Netanhyu is a swell guy too...

Yup I think he is an awesome guy.

That's the thing about you liberals. You are so filled with self-aggrandizement and hubris you mock anyone with values different than your insignificant, shallow and hypocritical beliefs. People like you are laughed at by most outside your shallow little pond.

Lunatics like you, the so called "non-delusional" have this bizarre desire to vilify those like Netanyahu while embracing and explaining away the radical Islamists who killed 49 last week. I am waiting for the "non-delusional" dolts like yourself to make Mateen into the victim. Oh too late. They are already doing that in your left wing newspapers, websites and TV stations.

I will take Netanyahu while you stick with Mateen.

Lunatics like you, the so called "non-delusional" have this bizarre desire to vilify those like Netanyahu while embracing and explaining away the radical Islamists who killed 49 last week. I am waiting for the "non-delusional" dolts like yourself to make Mateen into the victim. Oh too late. They are already doing that in your left wing newspapers, websites and TV stations.

I really shouldn't speak for many others on this thread, but really, it's delusional of you to say that anyone here is embracing (your word) the single radical Islamist (you made an error, sir, by using the plural form) who killed 49 humans last week.

Of course, Netanyahu told the World Zionist Congress in October 2015 this: "Hitler didn't want to exterminate the Jews at the time, he wanted to expel the Jew. And Haj Amin al-Husseini [Jerusalem's Grand Mufti] went to Hitler and said, 'If you expel them, they'll all come here [to Palestine].'"

According to Netanyahu, Hitler then asked: "What should I do with them?" and the Mufti replied: "Burn them."

Source: Netanyahu: Hitler Didn't Want to Exterminate the Jews - Israel News - Haaretz

So, as a supporter of Netanyahu, perhaps you too believe Muslims, in general, want to kill Jews, always wanted to kill Jews, and therefore -- in the classic way of our fatally flawed species -- you want to kill them.

Dave, who says that maybe it's just a liberal or leftist thing about me but I hate all who murder others or incite wars

Music is love, made audible.

For those who consider the views of the founding fathers to be fundamental, it is a mistake to consider this "right wing " as opposed to "left wing" rather the distinction is between individual human rights vs state

In both right wing (fascist) and left wing (communist) the rights of the state outweigh the rights of the individual. The state will imprison you or put you to death for going against it.

Rather the humanist philosophy of Locke and Hume and earlier:

Whoever destroys a soul, it is considered as if he destroyed an entire world. And whoever saves a life, it is considered as if he saved an entire world.

Mishnah Sanhedrin 4:5; Yerushalmi Talmud 4:9, Babylonian Talmud Sanhedrin 37a.

Happy Father's Day everyone! Peace & listen to Radiohead tonight

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

In my limited existence on this world, I have found that when people dehumanize others it is because they have no interactions with them. For example, a guy I want to high school with said that we should limit all Muslim immigration. While probably unconstitutional, I asked if he knew any Muslims and all I got was "I heard there's one down the street."

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

How is "Mateen" left wing? He's an Islamofascist right? Religious fundamentalist/ISIS is as right wing as it gets, no?

Left wingers in America have some kind of love fest with Islam. I am not sure why since so many believe in Sharia (in some countries as high as 99%) which denigrates women, gays and lesbians by the West's perspective. It seems the left is always defending the indefensible.

Who said anything about Mateen being "left wing". I find it bizarre that lefties look to defend his motives as well as other radical Islamists motives and Sharia in general. Read your papers and listen to your politicians. It was the Republicans and the NRA responsible for last week Orlando massacre not an Islamic fundamentalist. To admit it is an radical Islamist would admit the left's failings which they can never do.

I really shouldn't speak for many others on this thread, but really, it's delusional of you to say that anyone here is embracing (your word) the single radical Islamist (you made an error, sir, by using the plural form) who killed 49 humans last week.

Of course, Netanyahu told the World Zionist Congress in October 2015 this: "Hitler didn't want to exterminate the Jews at the time, he wanted to expel the Jew. And Haj Amin al-Husseini [Jerusalem's Grand Mufti] went to Hitler and said, 'If you expel them, they'll all come here [to Palestine].'"

According to Netanyahu, Hitler then asked: "What should I do with them?" and the Mufti replied: "Burn them."

Source: Netanyahu: Hitler Didn't Want to Exterminate the Jews - Israel News - Haaretz

So, as a supporter of Netanyahu, perhaps you too believe Muslims, in general, want to kill Jews, always wanted to kill Jews, and therefore -- in the classic way of our fatally flawed species -- you want to kill them.

Dave, who says that maybe it's just a liberal or leftist thing about me but I hate all who murder others or incite wars

Well thank you for putting words in my mouth and distorting all things but I recommend you read some of your left wing newspapers and listen to some of the hyperbole of your leftist politicians IF you can even recognize they represent ONLY the left.

I use the word "embracing" not for his killing of 49 innocent Americans but for their failure to blame the obvious. It is easier for them to blame Republicans, Israel, the NRA than it is to recognize radical Islam. The BS argument that it is just a "tiny %" is another fallacy. A significant % believe in Sharia, a totally unacceptable to the rule of law of America and in particular totally contrary to the Constitution. It is a spectrum. Those who want it instituted by infiltration and insidious methods versus the other end of the spectrum who will use force but make no mistake whichever end of the spectrum they are on they both want the same thing, they just differ by the method.

Now obviously all don't believe in Sharia but it is a huge % not just in places like Afghanistan, Indonesia, Iran, etc (endorsed by over 95%) but here in America as well while in America a much lower % but much higher than the tiny % you leftists like to claim

As to the Netanyahu Hitler thing you lost me. Your preposterous "wanting to kill them all" just more idiotic hyperbole to make some inane liberal point