IGNORED

Islamists attack Radiohead fans.

There has to be some descriptive form on documented insanity to describe these people. What the hell can possibly possess them to insist that everyone has to follow their rules or else they have a right - or even a duty - to wreak violence on the "offenders?"

No possibly way to justify it as self defense.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

And you are surprised by this lack of tolerance?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Music is the Devils tool... The most Pious come out of the woodwork during Ramadan...made worse by not eating or drinking during daylight hours...in summer....

A moderate country like turkey is being pushed towards a more Muslim centered state by its president. He listened to Elvis and saw Playboy once... 40 years later religious piety and guilt is castigating women into second class citizens again...

Thank God.. I am an atheist....

More than 50% of Americans don't even believe it exists and want more of it in their country and that includes the guy at the top.

nuf said

This is not tolerance or intolerance. It is insanity - and it pervades the entire middle east.

It is like calling the slaughter of the colonists at Ft. Caroline "intolerance." Or look what Matanzas Inlet is named for. Or the 19th century bible riots in Philly, or the shootings in Orlando a week ago. Mental Illness, a contagious variety.

As for the politics, I guess we are going to have to listen to eight more years of such nonsense from you as

the above, while, Hillary is in office.

That will be a true example of tolerance. :)

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

This is not tolerance or intolerance. It is insanity - and it pervades the entire middle east.

It is like calling the slaughter of the colonists at Ft. Caroline "intolerance." Or look what Matanzas Inlet is named for. Or the 19th century bible riots in Philly, or the shootings in Orlando a week ago. Mental Illness, a contagious variety.

As for the politics, I guess we are going to have to listen to eight more years of such nonsense from you as

the above, while, Hillary is in office.

That will be a true example of tolerance. :)

Well it pervades America as well. The PC factor here reinforces people's stupidity UNTIL it hits them in the face and even then, it depends how hard.

As to Hillary, I wouldn't count my chickens just yet. Once the focus is off terrorism/gun control in Orlando (usually takes a week or two before Americans forget) it will be back to investigating the illegal, seditious and outrageous treasonous behavior of Clinton and her "foundation" via her secret email server and she may just wind up in a jail cell (or pardoned by Obama) rather than the WH while we watch some other Democratic Patsy takes her place.

More than 50% of Americans don't even believe it exists and want more of it in their country and that includes the guy at the top.

nuf said

Let's not turn another thread into a purely political discussion.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Well it pervades America as well. The PC factor here reinforces people's stupidity UNTIL it hits them in the face and even then, it depends how hard.

As to Hillary, I wouldn't count my chickens just yet. Once the focus is off terrorism/gun control in Orlando (usually takes a week or two before Americans forget) it will be back to investigating the illegal, seditious and outrageous treasonous behavior of Clinton and her "foundation" via her secret email server and she may just wind up in a jail cell (or pardoned by Obama) rather than the WH while we watch some other Democratic Patsy takes her place.

2nd request. Discussion doesn't really belong here.

Power cable thread?

2nd request. Discussion doesn't really belong here.

Are you talking about the whole thread of "Islamists attack Radiohead fans" or just my responses. If the former, I agree. If the latter than it is too bad as the thread lends itself to a question of values including those you may or may not agree with, such as mine.

This thread has no place in CA, nor does this discussion.

We are an international community here with people of all backgrounds so please pause to think beyond your own beliefs. Let's seek out the things that bring us together (music) less we uncover differences that will pull us apart. There are plenty of other sites on the internet where you can go to discuss this.

A fanatic is someone who still believes regardless to the contrary... . More people get sucked into that statement than our 10,000 year old explanation of how the world works from goat herders from Sumeria. Sorry religion..

We do generally believe what we are told... in good faith... Ironically...

The cable wars in audio....not causing wars at best buy.... Swap Fanatic for audiophile.... but more similar than you think...

I think religion is an effect of the human condition.. not the other way round. Social conditioning remains in many constitutions and enshrined in law.

We express mostly what we have been told and add meaning through personal experience. A hard uncaring life in Afghanistan with only the Koran and some local spitting venom preaching.

Not so different when we look at our skeletons

Most of us Christian nations in Europe went through the same cataclysm at one point. From the crusades, inquisition, the white migrants fleeing to America from Europe...

We are all nuts in some way or another... Shame it causes others to be hurt through the thoughts of a few.....

Personally NATO should just supply 4k TVs and free cable to the whole middle east. Cheaper than a weeks worth of combat... and probably more effective when they watch a weeks worth of house wife's of Orange County. ...... A cruel weapon indeed.....

A dangerous can of worms this thread...

We need a world where we can express free thoughts. Like the occupation thread here we all have different careers but have more in common that we think...

A happy safe child, a happy wife and shelter.

The rest is a bonus we take for granted.

I hope your lives are happy

Keep smiling

Kind regards

Dave

FD, what is it you don't get with the premise of OP?????? Are we a little groggy this morning. The OP is all about Politics.

I hadn't realized you were an islamic fundy. I had you pegged as a generic right-wingnut.

nuf said

Finally, you said something that makes sense.

Why do you take this thread as an opportunity for you to spew all this anti-Clinton bile? (For the record, I probably don't like her any more than you do.) I just can't make any sense of your rantings. It comes off as irrational religious zealotry, and makes you look crazy.

Why do you take this thread as an opportunity for you to spew all this anti-Clinton bile? (For the record, I probably don't like her any more than you do.) I just can't make any sense of your rantings. It comes off as irrational religious zealotry, and makes you look crazy.

ME? I was responding to the fait accompli post by YOUR Brother in Arms, Paul R. He made the post and I responded why I think he is wrong based on her duplicitous and illegal activities.

Trust me, if I "come off crazy" for pointing out that Hillary who is a complete and utter failure in everything she does, supports and condones her husband who is a rapist and molester, who engaged in illegal and seditious activities while SOS with her email server taking money for her "Foundation" for self-enrichment regardless of the consequences to our country then I am guilty as charged. The real crazy thing is that so many choose to support her regardless of her baggage. Pretty remarkable.

So let's go back to denigrating Islamists as that was the point of your OP, no?

Priaptor-

There's a difference between discussing in a general way the attack on the Radiohead fans in Turkey and turning it into commentary on Hillary, Obama, etc. It isn't necessary to bring them into the discussion in order to discuss the original post. Do you not see that? Or are you so consumed by your own POV that you just can't resist making those comments, even when they aren't really called for? That's a kind of "emotional facism", as Elvis Costello would say. Not everything has to get turned into a platform for your personal political sermonizing.

This request has nothing to do with my personal political views. You sort of don't get that when you turn threads into a personal commentary on American politics, you're hijacking them in a way that isn't constructive. This is an audio forum and we're certainly not going to settle differences in views on American elections and social issues here. We can talk about the place of music and free expression in various societies in the world without bringing "Clinton's treason" and the like into the discussion.