IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.5.1 with PCM->DSD Conversion

Jud

For Those who wants to know and maybe Damien :-)

A+ 2.5.3 direct mode does not work anymore with MacOS Sierra (10.12) public beta 1

unchecking it brings the music back :-)

Snapz001.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

tried before posting :-)

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

In the iOS remote app, how do I reduce the size of the album art so that more albums show in the browser view or albums view? It was fine but I must have tapped something because now the album art has become so big that I can only scroll one album at a time, and I can't find any setting to reduce the size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the iOS remote app, how do I reduce the size of the album art so that more albums show in the browser view or albums view? It was fine but I must have tapped something because now the album art has become so big that I can only scroll one album at a time, and I can't find any setting to reduce the size. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
use two fingers to reduce the size in the album art section of the window images.png

Stefano

My audio system

use two fingers to reduce the size in the album art section of the window

Thanks, I tried that initially but it didn't work so I deleted and reinstalled the app which solved the issue, albeit inelegantly. Having read your comment, I tried it again and now it's working. Very odd.

In the iOS remote app, how do I reduce the size of the album art so that more albums show in the browser view or albums view? It was fine but I must have tapped something because now the album art has become so big that I can only scroll one album at a time, and I can't find any setting to reduce the size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was a bug I've now fixed in A+ Remote 1.6.1, you can now update to.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

There was a bug I've now fixed in A+ Remote 1.6.1, you can now update to.

Damien

Sorry if this is a dup message, I had a crash.

Can you please help me with this problem.

Damien. in the past when I purchased your software I was getting many crashes running El Capitan on my 2013 MacBook Pro 8GB RAM and serving my music up from a WD external 2TB HD. I visit many time the good forum Computer Audiophile

and receive advice to go all the way back to Yosemite OS on my Mac. I did that and all was good. After many OS upgrades and upgrades to your software I decided to go back and try El Capitan thinking someone fixed something. My first test lasted 2 hr’s no crashes then it crashed and I had to do a Force Quit out of your app to do a restart of my mac. 2nd test lasted 40 minutes then crashed, 3rd test only lasted for two songs and the I copied a Crash Report. One of the guys (or gals) in the Computer Audiophile forum suggested this and I accomplished it but it didn’t even make it thru 1 track and crashed:

1. Uninstall A+ and disconnect any USB modems and external drives
  2. Reboot from a power off into recovery mode.
  3. Repair your drives
  4. Reboot into normal mode
  5. Add the drives and modem back, then reboot again.
  6. Reinstall A+ and give it a go.

This is my equipment list:

WD usb2 2TB external HD Only Music aiff’s on it

MacBook Pro 2013 8GB RAM 256 internal Flash drive usb3

AudirvanaPlus_The latest version as of today 7/8/16

Regen

ifi DAC nano latest driver iFiHDUSBAudio_dfuapp5.1A.sh

MusicLink Transparent Interface cables

Reference B&K 200.2 S2 Power amp 225W RMS

Parasound 2100 Classic Preamp

Paradigm 100 S series speakers

Thanks

[email protected]

Crash Report.pdf

My network connection is generally solid, with an average downloading speed @ 26 Mbps. However the router is at the other end of my house, so I use an extender. Near my audio system, the downloading speed varies @ 11 - 18 Mbps - so quite a lot of speed is lost through the extension. The service is generally very reliable, with few disruptions. I do often wonder if my problem with the A+ remote is caused by using an extension connection to my network.

I have extended my WiFi network with an old TimeCapsule. I haven't measured the speed, but my Music Server (MacMini) seems very fast, when browsing and listening to TIDAL streaming works excellent, but when the remoteapp on my iPad has been sent to the background, or the iPad has been sleeping, A+Remote will fail to connect. Usually, closing the app once or twice, will reconnect.

I've seen this issue sporadically in the past, but after installing the new version of A+ Remote, it's driving me nuts. The MacMini is definitely hooked up on the extender, while the iPad sits approximately halfway between the router and the extender, but it's still the same WiFi network, right ?

FYI, I would like to add that I simultaneously have moved from DSL to fiber-optic internet connection (very fast !)

Any thoughts ?

Cheers

Lars

Mac Mini late 2020 / 16GB RAM / OSX Big Sur; Rockna Wavelight DAC; TDSS Level-3 upgraded NuForce Ref.9 V2 SE power amps; Avalon Eclipse Classic speakers; 2 REL T/9i subwoofers; PS PowerPlant 3.

Analog : SOTA turntable w/ Morch DP-6 tone arm / van den Hul FROG cartridge. Densen RIAA DP02 MC

I changed my library from a WD USB Portable HD to an Apple Time Capsule and the sound is much better now.

I'm using the Apple Time Capsule with ethernet cable, a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter and wifi disabled...

The same USB WD HD connected to the USB input of the Apple Time Capsule sounds better also, who can explain that?

I changed my library from a WD USB Portable HD to an Apple Time Capsule and the sound is much better now.

I'm using the Apple Time Capsule with ethernet cable, a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter and wifi disabled...

The same USB WD HD connected to the USB input of the Apple Time Capsule sounds better also, who can explain that?

Maybe Ethernet protocol is better for timing (jitter)

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

Maybe Ethernet protocol is better for timing (jitter)

Maybe the thunderbolt bus is also better than USB for lower jitter.

I use also Firewire with thunderbolt adapter, but sound worse like USB.

If someone else made these experiments, please post here!

There is a new trend for ethernet DAC's...

Regarding the shuffle feature ...

What if you press the Stop button a second time after having stopped playback? This resets the play position in the play queue to the initial track so that all tracks will be played.

Damien,

I haven’t had a chance to try out your suggestion until now.

Activating the Stop button twice does not reset the random shuffle for me. Only very occasionaly has it worked. Most of the time the play order is simply repeated.

I tried the following - activate the Stop button, then de-activate shuffle followed by re-activating shuffle. This results in the last track previously played, becoming the first track played, then a different order of tracks is played.

Am I doing it incorrectly?

Rob

I have extended my WiFi network with an old TimeCapsule. I haven't measured the speed, but my Music Server (MacMini) seems very fast, when browsing and listening to TIDAL streaming works excellent, but when the remoteapp on my iPad has been sent to the background, or the iPad has been sleeping, A+Remote will fail to connect. Usually, closing the app once or twice, will reconnect.

I've seen this issue sporadically in the past, but after installing the new version of A+ Remote, it's driving me nuts. The MacMini is definitely hooked up on the extender, while the iPad sits approximately halfway between the router and the extender, but it's still the same WiFi network, right ?

FYI, I would like to add that I simultaneously have moved from DSL to fiber-optic internet connection (very fast !)

Any thoughts ?

For what it’s worth :

After fruitless experimenting with different settings of my routers, I discovered that I could delete all linked devices from the A+ program on my Mac and then reconnect the iPad with a fresh 6-digit code. Before deletion, I noticed there were no less than 6 linked devices on the list, even though I only own 2 separate devices !!?

After that, the remote app on the iPad, so far, finds and connects to my computer immediately. I also noticed an improved response when browsing my music and TIDAL.

Cheers

Lars

Mac Mini late 2020 / 16GB RAM / OSX Big Sur; Rockna Wavelight DAC; TDSS Level-3 upgraded NuForce Ref.9 V2 SE power amps; Avalon Eclipse Classic speakers; 2 REL T/9i subwoofers; PS PowerPlant 3.

Analog : SOTA turntable w/ Morch DP-6 tone arm / van den Hul FROG cartridge. Densen RIAA DP02 MC

Maybe the thunderbolt bus is also better than USB for lower jitter.

I use also Firewire with thunderbolt adapter, but sound worse like USB.

If someone else made these experiments, please post here!

There is a new trend for ethernet DAC's...

Post from Superdad: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/ethernet-input-dacs-28414/index2.html#post563724

"No surprise at all. In much of computer audio key variables for SQ are the active hardware and software interfaces and processes of the DAC-connected computer. And for music storage, a USB drive directly connected to the USB DAC-connected computer is easily the worst in the ranking of possibilities. And Ethernet happens to be about the best.

Perhaps you will enjoy these three report threads I started long ago (the first and third ones are most relevant to you, but the second one was part of the journey way back then):

My deep dive into media storage interfaces: Musical differences heard between chipsets, Firewire 400/800, USB, SATA, flash drives, SD cards, and network shares (Warning: may cause seizures in the DBT crowd and flat earth naysayers)

ATTENTION Current Mac mini/A+ users: Boot Mavericks from an SD card, load a RAMdisk, dismount your internal SATA drives, and pour a drink for the musicians walking out of your speakers!

Uh oh, I beat my SD card trick; Bypass your Ethernet switch, and make your external drives sound close to RAM disk using an Apple Thunderbolt Ethernet Adaptor and a second network connection."

Help! I posted this in Audirivana Plus 2.1 but maybe I can get some help here.

I synchronized Audirvana the other day and now 354 of my albums are in an iTunes media music folder called "msng". Not all the songs from a particular album are in that folder but some are. I only found out because when I opened Roon, it said "msng" was recently added with all those albums. Is this something in Audirvana? iTunes? But, more important, how do I fix it?

I don't know if this sharing xml file has anything to do with the problem.

If I delete the 'msng' tags then the songs and album are put in the right folder - this time "The Ramones". Is there a quick fix because this can take a long time? Is it just a coincidence that this happened after syncing with Audirvana?

I am using 2.5.3. I fixed the iTunes by deleting the "msng" in album artist categories after selecting all when I search "msng" for artist. I hope someone can answer the Audirivana issue.

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 8.53.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 8.53.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 8.56.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 9.12.15 AM.png

audirvana screenshot - I think part of the problem might be the two different folder names for iTunes sync, not the DSD one.

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 10.29.39 AM.png

Thanks, Jason

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

I was not expected the opposite, but whishing it :-)

A+ 2.5.3 direct mode still does not work with MacOS Sierra (10.12) public beta 2 released today

27565d1468010926t-audirvana-plus-2-multi-channel-sound-5-surround-channels-and-1-lfe-low-frequency-effects-channel-pulse-code-modulation-direct-stream-digital-conversion-snapz001.jpg

played a few tracks using 16/44 to DSD and it does sound better. highs have a bit more sparkle not as dark sounding as standard 16/44, bass also sounds extended.

only issue: i run my macbook pro 2011 model off battery and it chews up a lot of power, Fan is working very hard.

MBP>> audio revelations usb cable>> uptone regen w/LPS>> ifi iDSD>> pre/power>>floor standers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivan Lee[br]www.ijproductions.com[br]Professional Photographer Melbourne based

• 2 weeks later...

I was not expected the opposite, but whishing it :-)

A+ 2.5.3 direct mode still does not work with MacOS Sierra (10.12) public beta 2 released today

27565d1468010926t-audirvana-plus-2-multi-channel-sound-5-surround-channels-and-1-lfe-low-frequency-effects-channel-pulse-code-modulation-direct-stream-digital-conversion-snapz001.jpg

I have to run A+ with Yosemite. So if you will please let me know when A+ is comparable with Sierra because If Damien fails to fix the incompatibility sooner or later his upgrades won't be compatible with Yosemite. I have sent Damien various posts with a crash report and a list of my setup and would hope for just an answer like"we know of the problem and working on it" but no response.

I have to run A+ with Yosemite. So if you will please let me know when A+ is comparable with Sierra because If Damien fails to fix the incompatibility sooner or later his upgrades won't be compatible with Yosemite. I have sent Damien various posts with a crash report and a list of my setup and would hope for just an answer like"we know of the problem and working on it" but no response.

Audirvana works just fine with Sierra *other than* Direct mode.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

OK, so what benefit is there in running in Direct Mode? Sound Quality? I'm testing now.

I'd rather have Damien answer this one, but if I recall correctly, Direct Mode is an Audirvana-exclusive way that was added when Apple removed Integer Mode from an earlier version of OS X / macOS. It is intended to address the lowest possible layer of the OS to "talk" directly to the USB Audio device and thus provide the shortest possible path from player > device.

Later, Apple restored Integer Mode, but Audirvana retained Direct Mode and some say that Direct Mode is / may be "better" than Integer Mode. Personally, I can say I don't hear any difference between the two, but I don't have "Princess and the Pea" ears ;)

So I'd say it's not a huge loss at the moment - I suspect Damien will work to add that support back once macOS is out of beta (i.e., later this summer / fall).

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I'd rather have Damien answer this one, but if I recall correctly, Direct Mode is an Audirvana-exclusive way that was added when Apple removed Integer Mode from an earlier version of OS X / macOS. It is intended to address the lowest possible layer of the OS to "talk" directly to the USB Audio device and thus provide the shortest possible path from player > device.

Later, Apple restored Integer Mode, but Audirvana retained Direct Mode and some say that Direct Mode is / may be "better" than Integer Mode. Personally, I can say I don't hear any difference between the two, but I don't have "Princess and the Pea" ears ;)

So I'd say it's not a huge loss at the moment - I suspect Damien will work to add that support back once macOS is out of beta (i.e., later this summer / fall).

Thank You. I've tried contacting him but no luck.