IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.5.1 with PCM->DSD Conversion

Jud

Filter length 1,000k Seemed to be working for a while. Hiccups back on now... :(

Try my Izotope settings just to see, and put your memory buffer to 1024mb...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Hi all, thanks for your help. Really appreciate you guys. After reading the more technical details of my Mojo (esp. how DSD is processed in Chord DACs), I decide to take Jud's advice which is not to upsampling the DSD. Upsampling to 32bit PCM is smooth as silk and the sound seems to be warmer (but a little bit narrower soundstage - I suppose what people call more analogue-like?)

Need help, At some point the surge protector that my Mac Mini is plugged into tripped. Now, Audirvana plays but there isn't any sound. I checked my equipment with the CD player and the amp is working. I've checked the audio settings for both the Mac and Audirvana and everything is set correctly. Any ideas as to how to fix? I really don't know where to start as this has never happened before. I'm using USB to my DAC. Thanks!

Mac Mini, Rega DAC, Rega Brio-R, Dynaudio Excite X12s, USB, Anti-IC, Anti-Cables

Need help, At some point the surge protector that my Mac Mini is plugged into tripped. Now, Audirvana plays but there isn't any sound. I checked my equipment with the CD player and the amp is working. I've checked the audio settings for both the Mac and Audirvana and everything is set correctly. Any ideas as to how to fix? I really don't know where to start as this has never happened before. I'm using USB to my DAC. Thanks!

have you close the MAC and unplug and restart the MAC plug the DAC again...

Go in aplplications... utilities folder and see if in the Audio Midi Settings, your DAC is selected...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

have you close the MAC and unplug and restart the MAC plug the DAC again...

Go in aplplications... utilities folder and see if in the Audio Midi Settings, your DAC is selected...

Thanks! That worked. It didn't think about restarting the DAC (I had already restarted the Mac) because the DAC is plugged into a different circuit and surge protector which didn't trip. All is well now. Music plays again.

Mac Mini, Rega DAC, Rega Brio-R, Dynaudio Excite X12s, USB, Anti-IC, Anti-Cables

• 2 weeks later...

@damien78, I'm having problems updating to the latest version (2.6.3). When I select 'Check for updates' and click 'Install', after it downloads the 14.1MB update, the following message is displayed:

Update Error!

An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again later.

How do I fix this?

Loudspeaker systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> Yamaha A-S3000 / HoloAudio Bliss -> Celestion Ditton 66 / Genelec 8030C & BK XXLS400

Headphone systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> HoloAudio Bliss / Sparkos Labs Aries -> Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 / Focal Utopia / Sennheiser HD600

@damien78, I'm having problems updating to the latest version (2.6.3). When I select 'Check for updates' and click 'Install', after it downloads the 14.1MB update, the following message is displayed:

Update Error!

An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again later.

How do I fix this?

Would recommend to dowload app directly from Audirvana site. Then install . If IT doesn't work, it's easy to proceed with a fresh install as per procedure in latest A+ 2.6 thread.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Imac 27" I5 8Go - El Capitan - Audirvana 2.6.3 & Audirvana Remote - Airfoil 5.1.0 - Streamer/DAC Marantz M CR510 - HiFi Cable Super MaxiTrans 2 - B&W 602 S2

Would recommend to dowload app directly from Audirvana site. Then install . If IT doesn't work, it's easy to proceed with a fresh install as per procedure in latest A+ 2.6 thread.

Perfect, thank you!

Loudspeaker systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> Yamaha A-S3000 / HoloAudio Bliss -> Celestion Ditton 66 / Genelec 8030C & BK XXLS400

Headphone systems: 2012 Mac Mini i7 2.6GHz -> 10.11.6 -> Audirvana 3.5 -> Schiit Yggdrasil OG / HoloAudio Cyan 2 -> HoloAudio Bliss / Sparkos Labs Aries -> Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 / Focal Utopia / Sennheiser HD600

• 4 weeks later...
I'm using the 2.5.0.9 beta on a late 2015 iMac. The only settings I've found that allow upsampling to DSD128 without significant pops and clicks after 4 or 5 songs is Direct Mode off, Use Large Core Audio I/O buffer on, Integer mode on. My DAC is a Wadia Intuition. The one problem with these settings is that when I start the first track, I get a high pitched squeal at a normal volume that lasts for a second or less, then a second or two of silence and then the music starts from the very beginning. I don't get the squeal when upsampling to PCM and I don't get it upsampling to DSD128 with integer mode off (but then get get the pops and clicks). I've had trouble with pops and clicks with other players playing native or upsampled DSD both with this new iMac and an older, now dead, Mac Pro, so I think my Intuition is quite finicky with DSD from a Mac and this may be a problem unique to my set-up. But I wanted to raise it while conversion to DSD is still in beta.

I'm on 2.65 demoing. Redbook Upsampling to DSD128 with the audiounit use with mathaudio room eq gives me clicks.

direct mode & integer mode selected. Need to test without direct mode. 16GB Ram, I7-4770Cpu. My machine is rock solid (main use is DAW use - logic pro, reaper).

These click are annoying. Damien, maybe did you test the room eq from mathaudio with DSD upsampling?. maybe a problem with this special au?

its a pity...especially room eq makes wonders...

JUD and everyone else

This is not about DSD but...

Is anyone out there having a problem with Meridian Explorer 2 playing A+ ver 2.6.5?

The first time I connected my new E2 to my macmini E2 worked with A+ as it did flawlessly with TIDAL and Qobuz desktop apps and with ROON-then A+ wouldn't transmit any sound no light were on the DAC BUT the sound bar was moving at the top of the app nothing to my headphones nor through the inline jack to my avr( and no I didnot have both the headphone and the inline jack both connected and yes I used the correct female outs)

I emailed damien he responded immediately sent him screenshots of the 'debug' info and other screenshots of the A+ app and he couldn't find anything wrong.

I also called Meridian in USA and the tech people couldn't explain it either.

This is very disturbing.

ANY suggestions or 'fixes' would be appreciated, please help

• 2 weeks later...
JUD and everyone else

This is not about DSD but...

Is anyone out there having a problem with Meridian Explorer 2 playing A+ ver 2.6.5?

The first time I connected my new E2 to my macmini E2 worked with A+ as it did flawlessly with TIDAL and Qobuz desktop apps and with ROON-then A+ wouldn't transmit any sound no light were on the DAC BUT the sound bar was moving at the top of the app nothing to my headphones nor through the inline jack to my avr( and no I didnot have both the headphone and the inline jack both connected and yes I used the correct female outs)

I emailed damien he responded immediately sent him screenshots of the 'debug' info and other screenshots of the A+ app and he couldn't find anything wrong.

I also called Meridian in USA and the tech people couldn't explain it either.

This is very disturbing.

ANY suggestions or 'fixes' would be appreciated, please help

Hello,

Once happened to me that the Mac mini sound preferences somehow switched to "Internal Speakers".

Santiago

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2016 at 4:04 PM, jl1101 said:

Filter length 1,000k Seemed to be working for a while. Hiccups back on now... :(

Same issue as user jl1101Using latest A+ version 3.0.4 (3008) that was just released. DSD128 hick-ups even though the song has fully loaded into memory before playback cursor gets to the conversion point. No issues with DSD64. Using Macbook Pro Retina with Core i7 with 16GB mem. Tried different DSD filters, changed filter max length to 1,000,000 and 1,500,000. No difference. Using the new Oppo Sonica DAC (amazing sound quality BTW) connected to a Tube amp.

I feel there is a SQ difference between DSD128 and DSD64 so before I give-up on DSD128, anyone has any other suggestions? Really appreciate your help!

It appears the higher the rate of the original file (ex. 192Khz compared to 44Khz) the more this issue happens. Also, it appears things are worse now with the latest upgrade to A+. I have checked the memory and my Mac never runs anywhere close to being low on memory. Still I lowered the buffer and that did not make any difference. The effect is a very momentary mute/stop of the playback of the song. It never happens when playing a DSD file, only when a PCM is converted to DSD. It also never happens if I play the PCMs as PCM, even with oversampling.

If anyone has any ideas what could be causing this, or if you're having the same issue, I would love to hear about it. Thx.

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2016 at 1:51 AM, jl1101 said:

Hi all, thanks for your help. Really appreciate you guys. After reading the more technical details of my Mojo (esp. how DSD is processed in Chord DACs), I decide to take Jud's advice which is not to upsampling the DSD. Upsampling to 32bit PCM is smooth as silk and the sound seems to be warmer (but a little bit narrower soundstage - I suppose what people call more analogue-like?)

Hi, I just start playing with DSD upsampling in Audirvana with Chord Mojo, and I also have the same issues. Would you mind sharing what you found out?

• 2 years later...

I have had very good results with Process Lasso Pro in eliminating glitches while converting PCM to DSD in Audirvana. Process Lasso takes over control of various priority systems in Windows 10. Giving Audirvana all but the highest priority in all cases dramatically improves the conversion speed and oddly leaves more space for process' that must intrude at some point. I still have a small glitch that happens at the beginning of the file that happens when the conversion progress bar eclipses the playback progress bar. I agree that a small delay at the beginning of the file would prevent this.