IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.5.1 with PCM->DSD Conversion

Jud

MemoryPlayer, when I click on your link, it just goes to the home page and ver. 2.5.2 the regular release, not the beta release. Strange? Thanks anyway.

Music Server(s):Mac Mini w/UpTone linear power supply JS-2, SoTM 200 w/LPS-1, AQ Diamond USB cable,

Music Server Operating System:Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Roon, HQP, A+

USB Digital to Analog Converter(s):PS Audio DS Jr. w/UpTone Audio ReGen  w/ LPS-1 Power Supply

Preamplifier:PS Audio BHK preamp; Amplifier(s):Parasound Amplifier A21; Loudspeakers:Magnapan 3.7

Loudspeaker Cables:AudioQuest CV8

I posted this question to the wrong thread and was helpfully advised to look for a more recent Audirvana discussion. I subscribed today to Qobuz Sublime which streams fine at High Res to my Aurender for my main system. But nothing doing with Audirvana on Mac. The subscription is accepted but all streaming resolution options are greyed out. Also, if I go to Qobuz Player from the Qobuz website I can play MP3s at 320 which currently is the max for the Mac desktop, but the standalone Qobuz desktop player will play only samples despite recognising my name and signing me in – however the website player shows me as Sublime (which of course I am) whereas the player doesn't. I wiped the Qobuz desktop ap and library file and reinstalled, but no difference. Hmm. Maddening. But it's the Aurender that bothers me and is the whole point of paying for Sublime. I'm in the US but registered to Qobuz as in France btw.

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

Just released 2.5.3 that brings the last fixes for the crashes that happened sometimes when switching to next track while upsampling to DSD, and causes for the echo on one channel that happened rarely.

And navigation in related artist (influenced by, influenced from) in addition to similar artists:

TIDAL-relatedArtists.jpg

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Thanks Damien - exciting to see some Roon-like elements being added. Respect.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Any plans yet to add Spotify as a streamer Damien?

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

I seem to get the message 'update error' - 'an error occurred while extracting the archive'. ???

Have you retried?

If you still get an error, you do the update manually by downloading the trial version and replace the application program.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Any plans yet to add Spotify as a streamer Damien?

Not right now, working on the 2.6 for local library management strong enhancement.

Thanks Damien - exciting to see some Roon-like elements being added. Respect.

:)

This is only part of what's already available in Audirvana Plus for music browsing & discovery. I'll make a tutorial/demo video this week about these TIDAL browsing features.

Not right now, working on the 2.6 for local library management strong enhancement.

OK mate thanks for the update, maybe it will appear in the future, Tidal is too expensive in the UK at £25 (31 euro) per month

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

Damien: it's been really a suffered decision but... in the end I pulled the MacMini from my music system and replaced it with an Aries

as I deeply miss Audirvana (and still have a Mac server on the network)... any hope A+ will, in the future, support external network renderers? ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Just an update not to leave this hanging, but Qobuz sorted me out with amazing speed and helpfulness.

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

What are the DSD limitations on the current release of OS X? IIRC you can't do raw DSD, you can only do DoP. Is the limit DoP256 or is it DoP128? Of course, DAC limitations come into play as well, I understand that.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

What are the DSD limitations on the current release of OS X? IIRC you can't do raw DSD, you can only do DoP. Is the limit DoP256 or is it DoP128? Of course, DAC limitations come into play as well, I understand that.

DoP256 (tested and works well), though DoP512 should be feasible in DoP 1.1 (using x2 channels), as OS X is limited to 768kHz.

DoP256 (tested and works well), though DoP512 should be feasible in DoP 1.1 (using x2 channels), as OS X is limited to 768kHz.

Thanks, Damien. I have a mid-2012 rMBP quad with 8GB of memory. Do you think this machine is powerful enough to convert redbook to DoP256? I finally have a DSD capable DAC ordered, it's an iDSD micro. The Jeff Rowland Aeris on my primary system sounds fantastic, but it doesn't do DSD.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

Thanks, Damien. I have a mid-2012 rMBP quad with 8GB of memory. Do you think this machine is powerful enough to convert redbook to DoP256? I finally have a DSD capable DAC ordered, it's an iDSD micro. The Jeff Rowland Aeris on my primary system sounds fantastic, but it doesn't do DSD.

I'm doing DSD128 (DoP 1.1) without problem on my mid-09 MacBook Pro with a Core 2 Duo CPU, if that's any indication. Haven't tried DSD256 because DSD128 is as far as my DAC will go.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Is it my impression, or 2.5.3 has a more transparent sound than 2.5.2?

A little bit more forward sound also...

Yes for me as well 2.5.3 is a huge step forward with respect to SQ. Much wider soundstage and better defined/placed instruments, more air and yes transparency is good definition.

Very nice !

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

Thanks, Jud that's helpful.

Siri, what's the most exciting news from WWDC?

We've renamed OS X macOS.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Anyone of you guys tried an older Mac Pro (2,1) 2.8 / 3ghz 8 core for DAD conversion?? I'm considering picking up a cheap one but want it to be fast enough.

I'd try for at least a 4.1 which can easily be firmware upgraded to a 5.1. You'll get a lot more mileage.