IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.5.1 with PCM->DSD Conversion

Jud

Please can someone explain why I can only set my A+ to DSD 64 the other two settings 128 and 256 are greyed out is this a failing of my Perreaux DP32 DAC and Pre-Amp? Or are there settings I've got to change in order to achieve the higher DSD settings?

Using a Mac Mini 2013 i5, 8GB RAM, SSD via USB to http://www.perreaux.com/products/audiant/audiant-dp32-usb-dac-preamplifier#specifications

Many thanks, Tim.

Mac Mini, Auralic Altair, streamer, server and Pre-Amp, via USB, into ATC 150 Towers with Anniversary Amplifier Packs, using Audirvana, JRiver, Sonos, Squeezeplay, iTunes.

Tim.

Please can someone explain why I can only set my A+ to DSD 64 the other two settings 128 and 256 are greyed out is this a failing of my Perreaux DP32 DAC and Pre-Amp? Or are there settings I've got to change in order to achieve the higher DSD settings?

Using a Mac Mini 2013 i5, 8GB RAM, SSD via USB to http://www.perreaux.com/products/audiant/audiant-dp32-usb-dac-preamplifier#specifications

Many thanks, Tim.

your DAC doesn't seems to play DSD... looks like it max out at 24/192 :-)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Or check if you have set your A+ prefs for DSD over PCM setting... mine stop at 128 because of my DAC can't go further...

Snapz001.jpg

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Hi, chosen the correct settings and the DSD 64 is highlighted so is it playing DSD or just 24/192? But thanks guys it looks like I'm in search of a new Balanced output DAC that can play DSD and act as a volume control, any ideas out there, I'm in the UK.

Many thanks, Tim.

Mac Mini, Auralic Altair, streamer, server and Pre-Amp, via USB, into ATC 150 Towers with Anniversary Amplifier Packs, using Audirvana, JRiver, Sonos, Squeezeplay, iTunes.

Tim.

Hi, chosen the correct settings and the DSD 64 is highlighted so is it playing DSD or just 24/192? But thanks guys it looks like I'm in search of a new Balanced output DAC that can play DSD and act as a volume control, any ideas out there, I'm in the UK.

What's your budget for the DAC? (You'll get more useful suggestions if this is stated.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Hi there,

£2,000 upwards but is it worth paying so much given the changes that are likely to happen in the near future, is there a streaming solution that would mean I no longer would need to use my Mac and feed from my NAS but it would need to be balanced to work with the ATC 150's.

Many thanks, Tim.

Tim.

Hi there,

£2,000 upwards but is it worth paying so much given the changes that are likely to happen in the near future, is there a streaming solution that would mean I no longer would need to use my Mac and feed from my NAS but it would need to be balanced to work with the ATC 150's.

Many thanks, Tim.

- UD-503 | TEAC

- Newer Mac with some good CPU specs (something recent but used could be very good value for money) to support upsampling to DSD256 without the fan kicking on.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

My DAC suggestion: Mytek Brooklyn

If "upwards" includes doubling the price of the Mytek, I have another suggestion. I'd also keep an eye out for the forthcoming iFi iDSD Pro, which could be a real bargain. I think it might actually be available sometime during Fall 2016.

Sure, there will always be changes on the digital side of things, but I think we're getting to the point with DAC technology where if you choose wisely, you can be satisfied with your DAC investment for a good long time.

Dedicated hardware streamers aren't my cup of tea (and are way off topic for this thread), but the Aurender N100 is the one I've heard and seen that strikes me as a good deal. You'd continue to use your NAS with that one, but Aurender also makes the N100H, which has 2TB of internal storage. Lots of folks around here also like the Auralic Aries streamers. And I heard some scuttlebutt around here recently about Bluesound and Roon possibly getting together.

(Sorry to all about the OT. Audirvana Plus and Damien rock!)

--David (king of the off-topic info dump)

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Thanks Jud I'd seen the team but in the UK HiFi press it gets a poor write up compared to the MDAC+ but I've seen this and thought that looks interesting Auralic Altair Streaming DAC, something oriel points to, thanks for the pointers now a few days searching for the new DAC.

Tim.

[h=1][/h][h=1][/h]

Tim.

I just got a Lampi Euforia DSD DAC.. anyone have one of these or another Lampi DSD DAC? What are you settings? I'm going to play around later tonight when im done with work and report back.

I prefer Audirvana to HQPlayer so really excited to try out 2.5.3

main Beefy Gaming PC > Roon > HQPlayer DSD512 ASDM7EC-super 512+fs sinc-long > Holo Red > Holo May KTE > Pass XP-27 > Pass XA-25 > Zu Audio Definition IV > Zu Audio Event Interconnects

work m1MBP > Roon > HQPlayer 24/192 PCM NS9 poly-sinc-gauss-xla > regular ass USB 3.0 cable > RME Fireface UFX III > Grimm AES cable > Genelec 8361a + w371a

trying out orgels settings with filter C and it's sounding pretty damn good!

every once in awhile it cuts out, so I'm going to lower the buffer and see if this does the trick

I'm using a 2011 mac mini with i5 2.5ghz

Will update with new findings.. but safe to say I'm probably going to pull the trigger on this over HQPlayer, a lot easier to setup and don't have to spend anything on roon to get my iPhone as a remote.

Steepness: 23

Filter max length: 10,000 (currently in flux)

Cutoff freq: 1.02

Anti-aliasing: 200.0

Pre-ringing: 0.55

main Beefy Gaming PC > Roon > HQPlayer DSD512 ASDM7EC-super 512+fs sinc-long > Holo Red > Holo May KTE > Pass XP-27 > Pass XA-25 > Zu Audio Definition IV > Zu Audio Event Interconnects

work m1MBP > Roon > HQPlayer 24/192 PCM NS9 poly-sinc-gauss-xla > regular ass USB 3.0 cable > RME Fireface UFX III > Grimm AES cable > Genelec 8361a + w371a

trying out orgels settings with filter C and it's sounding pretty damn good!

every once in awhile it cuts out, so I'm going to lower the buffer and see if this does the trick

I'm using a 2011 mac mini with i5 2.5ghz

Will update with new findings.. but safe to say I'm probably going to pull the trigger on this over HQPlayer, a lot easier to setup and don't have to spend anything on roon to get my iPhone as a remote.

Comment i made in another A+ thread...

Also i'm still playing all files upsampling to DSD128 and with settings that someone suggested in another thread (can't remember your name...) his configuration for Izotope, remove all hiccups for me since changing... still using same C filter or the last one in new naming prefs... no bugs for me and CPU is Resting half the time compare to the setting i was loving before upsamplng DSD and was taking CPU 225% always instead of half the time now with these:

28216d1470183911t-audirvana-latest-and-ios-remote-latest-snapz001.jpg

also i have put memory at 12,800mb out of 16 instead of 1mb with other settings

Comment i made in another A+ thread...

Also i'm still playing all files upsampling to DSD128 and with settings that someone suggested in another thread (can't remember your name...) his configuration for Izotope, remove all hiccups for me since changing... still using same C filter or the last one in new naming prefs... no bugs for me and CPU is Resting half the time compare to the setting i was loving before upsamplng DSD and was taking CPU 225% always instead of half the time now with these:

28216d1470183911t-audirvana-latest-and-ios-remote-latest-snapz001.jpg

also i have put memory at 12,800mb out of 16 instead of 1mb with other settings

lowering the buffer down to 1 solved my cutout issues, but ya, my mac mini sounds like it's about to take off with the fan! I'll give your settings a shot... now, I have no idea what any of these mean, do they affect sound quality inversely to how much CPU I'm gonna save?

CPU saving will be Damien Next job after 2.6 i think for DSD upsampling i think :-)

i was at 8 - 1,300,000 - 1.02 - 200 - 0.72 and love those settings, but my mac mini when upsampling new Damien Setting (that i love now because it remove all the bugs i had when upsampling PCM in A+...many hiccups) was always...ALWAYS at around 225% of CPU in Activity Monitor... now with the settings post up there, it is at around 210% for a minute an a half around, then it rest at zero % for more of that time and more the song is long, and on and on... best sound for my DAC with filter C and the rest of my audio but that can change for many other users or sound as good for many others too... YOU decide :-)

CPU saving will be Damien Next job after 2.6 i think for DSD upsampling i think :-)

i was at 8 - 1,300,000 - 1.02 - 200 - 0.72 and love those settings, but my mac mini when upsampling new Damien Setting (that i love now because it remove all the bugs i had when upsampling PCM in A+...many hiccups) was always...ALWAYS at around 225% of CPU in Activity Monitor... now with the settings post up there, it is at around 210% for a minute an a half around, then it rest at zero % for more of that time and more the song is long, and on and on... best sound for my DAC with filter C and the rest of my audio but that can change for many other users or sound as good for many others too... YOU decide :-)

giving it a shot right now, will let you know

I'm not an expert in ANY way... just read a lot here...

if you want to try other izotope settings, i've post a long post here about that:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/izotope-settings-yggdrasil-29176/

Find the one you love best... there is so many settings possible... big room, big speakers, headphones, 5000$ DAC, 250$ DAC

like Jud, often says here, try and decide for your set up what sound best for you :-)

Maybe real low steepness makes CPU more hungry i don't know,

maybe Damien will answer that someday or found a way to use less CPU while Upsampling DSD,

as we still know Upsampling DSD is young in A+ settings... so we'll see.

I'm not an expert in ANY way... just read a lot here...

if you want to try other izotope settings, i've post a long post here about that:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/izotope-settings-yggdrasil-29176/

Find the one you love best... there is so many settings possible... big room, big speakers, headphones, 5000$ DAC, 250$ DAC

like Jud, often says here, try and decide for your set up what sound best for you :-)

ya, just took ownership of a new DSD only DAC, so at the very beginning on my tweaking the ever loving shit out of it. thanks for a starting point at least :)

I realize my mac mini only has 4gb of ram! so I set it to 3gb, and used the rest of your settings.. can't.. really tell a SQ difference, but the mac mini isn't about to explode.

Maybe real low steepness makes CPU more hungry i don't know,

maybe Damien will answer that someday or found a way to use less CPU while Upsampling DSD,

as we still know Upsampling DSD is young in A+ settings... so we'll see.

hmm, your settings on my machine killed all sound about 20 min in.. went back to the ones I had before

Yep, as i said... many different settings for different user setup....

mine are perfect for me... thanks for the guy i can't remember who give his izotope settings...

with my DAC and Filter C of Damien or mansr... All is good!!

Yep, as i said... many different settings for different user setup....

mine are perfect for me... thanks for the guy i can't remember who give his izotope settings...

with my DAC and Filter C of Damien or mansr... All is good!!

actually, now that I tried it again, I think it's the C filter... it's nuking my poor little mac mini. Will try B4 tonight..

actually, now that I tried it again, I think it's the C filter... it's nuking my poor little mac mini. Will try B4 tonight..

anyone have a breakdown of each of the filters? I can't seem to find them in manual or.. this thread for that matter

It's more fun to read the impressions when you guys don't know the details.

I think in this case the devil is in you rather than the details. ;)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.