IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.5.1 with PCM->DSD Conversion

Jud

Hi All

I downloaded the most recent update and when trying to turn on ppm ->did conversion I noticed the button was graded out.

I'm using a Macbook into a MSB Analogue DAC. Just wondering if anyone had an idea what is going on (what I'm doing wrong).

My DAC does play DSD files, but in Audirvana it does not show that my DAC can play DSD files, that is all the DSD options are greyed out.

Regards

Barry

In A+ "Preferences", "Audio System" tab, and be sure that "Native DSD CApability is set to DSD over PCM standard 1.0" or 1.1 . That was my problem, when I had that happen.

Music Server(s):Mac Mini w/UpTone linear power supply JS-2, SoTM 200 w/LPS-1, AQ Diamond USB cable,

Music Server Operating System:Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Roon, HQP, A+

USB Digital to Analog Converter(s):PS Audio DS Jr. w/UpTone Audio ReGen  w/ LPS-1 Power Supply

Preamplifier:PS Audio BHK preamp; Amplifier(s):Parasound Amplifier A21; Loudspeakers:Magnapan 3.7

Loudspeaker Cables:AudioQuest CV8

I will soon publish the new build, though I would like to bring also fixes for the issues you're having (as you are quite good to find rare issues). Can you send me by email the info to help me reproduce it I asked you by PM? (including Debug Info, detailed DSD & iZotope settings, file with which this happens, or the two files if this needs to have two specific tracks (the playing one, and the next one) to trigger the issue)

For stopping OS X services, I've voluntarily limited the scope of it as this is for expert users only, as someone not knowing exactly what it does could feel its OS X has been broken.

And there are optimization scripts available that do this site well.

Damien

Thank you for the comment "you are quite good to find rare issues"!

I sent an email to you with a lot of attached pictures and I hope support your work.

Today, even with El Captain 10.11.5 and A+ Beta 2.5.0.11, after a CleanMyMac deep clean, I got no crash.

Also the sound is almost magical even with integer mode 1!

Later I will only update A+ and see if everything will run fine, but for now I don't know if 2.5.0.8 sounds better than 2.5.0.11, maybe not.

Just for the record, I too have experienced the strange channel syncing issue jh walker has reported - one channel suddenly appearing to loop back and get out of sync with the other for a short period (20 secs or so).

To put in context, this has only happened 4 times in what must be now over 30 hours of testing Audirvana dsd conversion. It occurred with C, A0, and B4 filters. Pausing and rewinding the track would repeat the loss of sync at the same point in time, but stopping and reloading the track would cure it.

All my dsd conversion is to 128. I am loading 3gb into a RAM of 8gb. (To be accurate, one of the loss of syncs was when I was testing using just 512 of RAM).

I also wanted to add another data point that I am also experiencing the right/left channel echo out of sync issue using the B4 filter. Additionally the repeatable issue of the first fractions of a song being skipped/stuttered also continues. Not complaining as changes are forthcoming, just providing data.

Following up to ask again if there is any detail available on the design/specifics of each of the filters.

A+ 2.5.1.15 CRASH in the second album!

Logs sent to your email, Damien!

I'm back to 2.5.0.11 Beta and will try it with Yosemite and Mavericks, later I post my experience!

Damien, I'm updating to 2.5.1.15 and send to you a report!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26531[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26532[/ATTACH]

Today, even with El Captain 10.11.5 and A+ Beta 2.5.0.11, after a CleanMyMac deep clean, I got no crash.

Now you know when a good system is running, things run fine too :-)

Also, is always good to download the Combo update of OS X update...

little more to download but start at 10.11.0 to 10.11.x in one install...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Hmmm... A+ is crashing... a lot. I am using the currently released version (not a beta) and no DSD up sampling.

After about an album's worth of playback, if I go to click on anything (pause, a different album) I get the beach ball and I'm done.

Even after killing the app, I can't restart the app - it bounces in the dock for a while and then nothing. I can't see any A+ processes in the Activity Monitor, but there must be something that is being left behind that I'm not killing and, hence, the app can't restart.

Rebooting my MacBook... again.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

When in Finder: type Alt + CMD + Escape then Force Quit Audirvana + then restart it...

or go in Apple Menu and choose force quit...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

When in Finder: type Alt + CMD + Escape then Force Quit Audirvana + then restart it...

or go in Apple Menu and choose force quit...

Right click Audirvana icon and choose force quit also works!

Right; I know how to Force Quit. What I am describing is that (a) after doing so, I can't restart Audirvana and (b) and can't even shutdown my Mac Book (seriously). Something isn't letting go of a device and allowing a clean shutdown.

I have to do a hard boot, holding down the power button. I am on 2.5.1.4 and it's been behaving like this since the last two updates (again, not using any BETAs).

I've been disabling things in A+ to see if anything changes (e.g. Direct Mode, system optimization, forced PCM up-sampling).

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

Hmmm... A+ is crashing... a lot. I am using the currently released version (not a beta) and no DSD up sampling.

After about an album's worth of playback, if I go to click on anything (pause, a different album) I get the beach ball and I'm done.

Even after killing the app, I can't restart the app - it bounces in the dock for a while and then nothing. I can't see any A+ processes in the Activity Monitor, but there must be something that is being left behind that I'm not killing and, hence, the app can't restart.

OK, I think this is the external HDD.

I am using a Samsung 1TB SSD (external enclosure) and had "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" checked. However, I unchecked that, re-ran for some time and still have the same outcome. After some period of time, A+ is hanging trying to access the drive. Unplugging the USB cable "releases" everything and, despite the drive warning", everything works again re-connecting the drive.

I can't replicate this without Audirvana, but I am going to try running "disksomnia" (which touches the drive every 30 seconds) to see if that changes anything. Maybe the Samsung SSD is putting itself to sleep, even with that setting disabled in Mac OS.

yes: some disks conform to sleep/don't sleep OS settings, some do not

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

OK, I think this is the external HDD.

I can't replicate this without Audirvana, but I am going to try running "disksomnia" (which touches the drive every 30 seconds) to see if that changes anything. Maybe the Samsung SSD is putting itself to sleep, even with that setting disabled in Mac OS.

Yes. I don't know if this is a specific drive issue or if A+ just isn't handling an I/O time-out for a sleeping drive to spin-up; but running disksomnia seems to prevent the issue.

The same was happening with my system also, changed to the last beta with DSD and now is fine!

Try also this option and post your results: http://audirvana.com/delivery/AudirvanaPlus_2.5.0.11.dmg

The same was happening with my system also, changed to the last beta with DSD and now is fine!

Try also this option and post your results: http://audirvana.com/delivery/AudirvanaPlus_2.5.0.11.dmg

Thanks for the suggestion. I am burned-out on beta testing software that I've paid for; not from A+, which has been good, but from a combination of crap from Bryston and Amarra, among others.

I will wait for the next official release and try A+ again. Meanwhile, I am back to BitPerfect and the native TIDAL app.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am burned-out on beta testing software that I've paid for; not from A+, which has been good, but from a combination of crap from Bryston and Amarra, among others.

I will wait for the next official release and try A+ again. Meanwhile, I am back to BitPerfect and the native TIDAL app.

http://audirvana.com/delivery/Audirv...s_2.5.0.11.dmg is the best sound from Damien ever!