IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

One thing to be aware of - when you setup Roon tell it to use your metatags in it's settings. Otherwise it will tag everything from it's databases and it won't be like the tags you've spent time curating.

Where are the settings for this FD?

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

One thing to be aware of - when you setup Roon tell it to use your metatags in it's settings. Otherwise it will tag everything from it's databases and it won't be like the tags you've spent time curating.

One thing to be aware of: Roon doesn't change the embedded metadata in your audio files, so what @firedog is talking about is what Roon displays. Thus, you can fool with the settings, and see what suits you best.

Improvements in metadata editing are planned for future versions of Roon, but in no case will Roon change the embedded metadata.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Where are the settings for this FD?

They are not universal settings, so one needs to pick an album or set of albums, and then in the edit settings there is a section for metadata preferences. It is not universal, and is therefore not in place for new additions to your library (or music not selected in the aforementioned grouping). As stated earlier, Roon is being asked to change this to a more universal setting in the future, as many of us have painstakingly tagged our twelve versions of Kind of Blue by adding things like unique suffixes in the album title (HDtracks, Vinyl rip, DSD rip, 2015, RVG version, etc) and want to preserve those as we browse album titles in Roon.

Back to uRendu topics. :)

They are not universal settings, so one needs to pick an album or set of albums, and then in the edit settings there is a section for metadata preferences. It is not universal, and is therefore not in place for new additions to your library (or music not selected in the aforementioned grouping). As stated earlier, Roon is being asked to change this to a more universal setting in the future, as many of us have painstakingly tagged our twelve versions of Kind of Blue by adding things like unique suffixes in the album title (HDtracks, Vinyl rip, DSD rip, 2015, RVG version, etc) and want to preserve those as we browse album titles in Roon.

Back to uRendu topics. :)

Sorry to continue the off topic, but just to make it clear... if you choose all your albums in Roon and then set the metadata preferences for "your' metadata, it will use yours. Afterwards you only have to worry about new albums, or periodically do the "all" albums metadata function again.

Roon has said they are planning on adding this as a setting in the future.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

There is no "embedding". Roon and HQP exist seperately on your server (or network). When you tell Roon to use HQP as it's output, it sends the audio signal to HQP for HQP processing.

So you can do either, but they aren't the same.

When using the mR as an HQP NAA, you get the output of Roon sent to HQP for processing and then sent over the network from HQP to your mR in HQP NAAmode. HQP is designed to see the HQP NAA software, not RoonSpeakers (or whatever they are calling the Roon mode on the mR).

If you use Roon output mode in the mR, then you will be getting the Roon output from your server, direct to the Roon mode on the mR, without Roon sending the signal to HQP for processing.

Thank you very much for the clarification firedog!!

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I can HIGHLY recommend Roon with HQPlayer. I was a long time A+ user (besides J River and Pure Music) and find Roon VERY easy to use and it was not hard to initially set up. Plus the Roon Community at the Roon Forums is very helpful and the Roon guys are VERY responsive there.

Then there is the added benefit of the great sound of using HQP with Roon's great interface and info.

IMHO you would be better off just starting with the Roon/HQP or Roon as you can add HQP after you live with Roon for a bit. No need to worry what may or may not work and what kind of interface you will have to live with instead.

If you have not visited the Roon Labs web sit recently they have a better explanation of the ins and outs of Roon.

As a side, I was at a demo of Roon at one of the Audio Clubs I belong too this past Saturday and two of the principles of Roon did the demo and spent about four+ hours talking with the Club members (not just about Roon).

I can tell you the members are a TOUGH crowd and just about everyone was very impressed by Roon, this from a group that is very Vinyl centric. And quite a few bought lifetime memberships (also tough to get them to part with the cash) right on the spot.

Oh, one more thing. They are working on possible having more then just Tidel for streaming. But until it is a done deal they will not comment on who/if/when.

Yeah, I am interested in trying this as well, my ESS based DACs sound a little better with DSD vs PCM, and HQPlayer sending only DSD128 appears like it would be a great way to go. But, it is a big expense to add another computer, an HQPlayer license, and a ROON license, and I just cannot afford to do so at this point, no matter how I go about it!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

So if ordering is going to be way sooner than 2-3 months....when can we order?

when it will be available i suppose .

the micro rendu paypal page is going to crash soon:)

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

So if ordering is going to be way sooner than 2-3 months....when can we order?

It is my understanding that for some it will be available for order on April 1 2016. NOT!!

For the ones on the first batch list my guess is around the middle of April.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

Jesus, excuse me if I had asked this in an earlier post but I could not find it after searching. I know I can not, at this time, use my exaSound DAC with the microRendu with USB and native DSD.

I am interested in two new DAC's in possibly replacing my exaSound.

In order of preference:

1) T+A DAC 8 DSD - Currently available. Able to do DSD512 in native mode in Windows. Windows driver available for download on web site.

System requirements for DAC 8 DSD:

(For playing high resolution audio files up to the maximum sampling rate)

- Intel Core i3 or higher or a comparable AMD Processor

- 4 GB RAM

- USB 2.0 Interface

- Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP

- or MAC OS 10.6.4 or higher

2) iFi iDSD Pro - Currently unavailable. Est June release.

Would I be able to use either of these DAC's with the microRendu with native DSD? If not now, what would be needed in order for use with the microRendu?

Jesus, thank you in advance. I know you are very busy trying to get the microRendu ready for sale.

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

Jesus, excuse me if I had asked this in an earlier post but I could not find it after searching. I know I can not, at this time, use my exaSound DAC with the microRendu with USB and native DSD.

I am interested in two new DAC's in possibly replacing my exaSound.

In order of preference:

1) T+A DAC 8 DSD - Currently available. Able to do DSD512 in native mode in Windows. Windows driver available for download on web site.

System requirements for DAC 8 DSD:

(For playing high resolution audio files up to the maximum sampling rate)

- Intel Core i3 or higher or a comparable AMD Processor

- 4 GB RAM

- USB 2.0 Interface

- Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP

- or MAC OS 10.6.4 or higher

2) iFi iDSD Pro - Currently unavailable. Est June release.

Would I be able to use either of these DAC's with the microRendu with native DSD? If not now, what would be needed in order for use with the microRendu?

Jesus, thank you in advance. I know you are very busy trying to get the microRendu ready for sale.

I have not seen the USB information on the T+A DAC 8 so I can't say if it will support native DSD. If the iFi iDSD Pro USB is similar to their other USB devices then there is a good chance it will support native DSD. The best way to tell is to hook up a USB DAC to one of our units and send us the DAC Diagnostics information.

I have not seen the USB information on the T+A DAC 8 so I can't say if it will support native DSD. If the iFi iDSD Pro USB is similar to their other USB devices then there is a good chance it will support native DSD. The best way to tell is to hook up a USB DAC to one of our units and send us the DAC Diagnostics information.

Jesus, thanks.

Other then hooking up one of your units to the T+A DAC 8 DSD (understand that this is a NEW version of their older DAC 8) is there any other way? As an example can I request any particular info from T+A (assuming they would help) for you that would help?

Again, thanks.

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

I read somewhere that T+A use a version of the Amanero board for the DAC, if that is of any help... I am also very very interested in this device, Ed(EuroDriver) said some pretty nice things about it, it must be special so a microRendu would be magnificent with it.

Jesus, thanks.

Other then hooking up one of your units to the T+A DAC 8 DSD (understand that this is a NEW version of their older DAC 8) is there any other way? As an example can I request any particular info from T+A (assuming they would help) for you that would help?

Again, thanks.

A little while ago I got some info from T+A regarding their DAC 8 DSD and Linux.

The Kernel must be UAC2 compatible - it's going to work in DoP.

They tried with MPD ( music player demon), controlled with Cantata and it works up to DSD128.

As USB receiver they use the Amanero Application with their own hardware (board) under licence. This works with the original Amanero Software, adapted for their USB ID.

Incidentally, we are testing a new version of Amanero firmware for DSD native in Linux, but we are not quite there yet. So there might be a possibility that, once this support for DSD native is completed, also T+A DAC will have it.

A little while ago I got some info from T+A regarding their DAC 8 DSD and Linux.

The Kernel must be UAC2 compatible - it's going to work in DoP.

They tried with MPD ( music player demon), controlled with Cantata and it works up to DSD128.

As USB receiver they use the Amanero Application with their own hardware (board) under licence. This works with the original Amanero Software, adapted for their USB ID.

Incidentally, we are testing a new version of Amanero firmware for DSD native in Linux, but we are not quite there yet. So there might be a possibility that, once this support for DSD native is completed, also T+A DAC will have it.

Well on the T+A web site the specs for the DAC 8 DSD are as follows for DSD in NATIVE MODE;

Up to DSD128 with Mac in Native Mode.

Up to DSD512 with Windows in Native Mode.

So it might have it already. Also it is my understanding that the DSD DAC (1 bit discreet, no chip) in the DAC 8 DSD is basically the same that is in their MP 2000 R unit and that DSD DAC also does DSD512 and there are several reviews that mention that it has that capability.

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Hifial,

the point isn't that we are wondering if the DAC 8 DSD does DSD512. It clearly does, as Edward has preached now (and its excellence with HQP at everything DSD512) for the last two weeks...but that is with Windows and an ASIO driver. It is an entirely different thing in Linux (which is what the microRendu will provide), where DoP is a given (it is clearly UAC2 compliant)...but so far nothing else is a given. It would be tough to buy a T+A DAC 8 DSD only to find it handshakes with the microRendu at DSD128 DoP max.

Ted, if I understand you.

The DAC 8 DSD needs a Linux Native DSD implemented separately from the Windows ASIO to do Native DSD to the microRendu. Is that what you are saying?

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Ted, if I understand you.

The DAC 8 DSD needs a Linux Native DSD implemented separately from the Windows ASIO to do Native DSD to the microRendu. Is that what you are saying?

The microRendu is a Linux based computer. As such it is the Linux drivers (ALSA) that send data to your DAC via USB. So your DAC needs to work with Linux in a similar fashion to Win & Mac computers. You can probably ask the DAC manufacturer if they support native DSD (non-DoP) using Linux.

Well on the T+A web site the specs for the DAC 8 DSD are as follows for DSD in NATIVE MODE;

Up to DSD128 with Mac in Native Mode.

Up to DSD512 with Windows in Native Mode.

So it might have it already. Also it is my understanding that the DSD DAC (1 bit discreet, no chip) in the DAC 8 DSD is basically the same that is in their MP 2000 R unit and that DSD DAC also does DSD512 and there are several reviews that mention that it has that capability.

You do not seem to understand my reply and what Ted is trying to say.

When I write "The Kernel must be UAC2 compatible - it's going to work in DoP" and "it works up to DSD128", this is in Linux (microRendu is a Linux computer) and it comes directly from T+A!

There is an off chance that the DAC might be able to do DSD native in Linux (it means reaching DSD256 and DSD512 input) in the future. I already explained "how" and "if".

At the moment, how T+A DAC 8 DSD would work with microRendu it is not different from your exaSound DAC.

You do not seem to understand my reply and what Ted is trying to say.

When I write "The Kernel must be UAC2 compatible - it's going to work in DoP" and "it works up to DSD128", this is in Linux (microRendu is a Linux computer) and it comes directly from T+A!

There is an off chance that the DAC might be able to do DSD native in Linux (it means reaching DSD256 and DSD512 input) in the future. I already explained "how" and "if".

At the moment, how T+A DAC 8 DSD would work with microRendu it is not different from your exaSound DAC.

The difference is that it would seem to work with PCM and DSD/DoP in contrast the exaSound does not appear to work at all.

Kazoo requires OH. Are you saying uRendu is somehow Kazoo-ready but not other OH control points?

The DLNA/MPD mode works as an OH renderer, but it needs BubbleUPNP Server running on the unit or some other place on the network to work with Kazoo. With the Lumin APP it works without the need for BubbleUPNP Server.

Running a uPNP server on this hardware seems to me to completely defeat the purpose of the uRendu. The objective is to make a simple, optimised, electronically super-quiet renderer. Adding even the smallish overhead of a server would be counterproductive.

Running BubbleUPNP Server on the unit does not hurt its performance. If you are paranoid though you can always run it some other place on your network.

The DLNA/MPD mode works as an OH renderer, but it needs BubbleUPNP Server running on the unit or some other place on the network to work with Kazoo. With the Lumin APP it works without the need for BubbleUPNP Server.

Yes, that was my point.