IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

54 minutes ago, soupdujour said:

Hi all,

My ultraRendu arrived this afternoon.  Without the benefit of any burn-in (i.e., right out of the box) and after just a few bars of The Bill Evans Trio playing "Isn't it Romantic" from the DSD-256 version of "At Shelly's Manne-Hole" I knew that my previous audio rig, which I thought already to be at the apex of my own listening experience, climbed to new stratospheric heights.  But first some context.  Prior to adding the ultraRendu to the setup, my configuration included the following in the line-up: Brooklyn DAC (powered by an UpTone JS-2), an ISO REGEN (also powered by the JS-2) feeding into the DAC with a USPCB A>B, a microRendu 1.3 (powered by an UpTone LPS-1), AudioQuest Vodka ethernet for NAS and MacMini connections.  With my McIntosh amplifier driving my BW CM600 speakers in that configuration I could easily find myself listening for hours, feeling immersed by the open and natural sound reproduction of nearly all, but especially jazz, recordings in my library.

Then today I swapped out the mR 1.3 for the new ultraRendu.  WOW!  The soundstage not only widened, but the placement of the instruments on it seemed even more natural with the added depth the uR brings.  There's just so much added realism to the sounds of the instruments: the brushwork is textured and detailed, the cymbals naturally decay, and the movement of air with each note of the double bass is palpable.  And, as I said, this is without any burn-in period.  Some folks here commented just how much of an improvement the mR 1.4 is over its predecessor.  I can't compare the uR to mR 1.4, but if you're contemplating the leap from 1.3 to the uR, I can safely say you won't be disappointed.  I cannot wait to hear the incremental improvements after hours of streaming.

Happy listening!

Hurray!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

3 hours ago, soupdujour said:

ultraRendu to the setup, my configuration included the following in the line-up: Brooklyn DAC (powered by an UpTone JS-2), an ISO REGEN (also powered by the JS-2) feeding into the DAC with a USPCB A>B, a microRendu 1.3 (powered by an UpTone LPS-1), AudioQuest Vodka ethernet for NAS and MacMini connections.  

I'd be interested in hearing how you think the ultra sounds with and without the IR between it and the DAC. At the ultra thread, one user already posted that he thinks the IRegen adds nothing when he has the ultra in his system.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

11 hours ago, soupdujour said:

Hi all,

My ultraRendu arrived this afternoon.  Without the benefit of any burn-in (i.e., right out of the box) and after just a few bars of The Bill Evans Trio playing "Isn't it Romantic" from the DSD-256 version of "At Shelly's Manne-Hole" I knew that my previous audio rig, which I thought already to be at the apex of my own listening experience, climbed to new stratospheric heights.  But first some context.  Prior to adding the ultraRendu to the setup, my configuration included the following in the line-up: Brooklyn DAC (powered by an UpTone JS-2), an ISO REGEN (also powered by the JS-2) feeding into the DAC with a USPCB A>B, a microRendu 1.3 (powered by an UpTone LPS-1), AudioQuest Vodka ethernet for NAS and MacMini connections.  With my McIntosh amplifier driving my BW CM600 speakers in that configuration I could easily find myself listening for hours, feeling immersed by the open and natural sound reproduction of nearly all, but especially jazz, recordings in my library.

Then today I swapped out the mR 1.3 for the new ultraRendu.  WOW!  The soundstage not only widened, but the placement of the instruments on it seemed even more natural with the added depth the uR brings.  There's just so much added realism to the sounds of the instruments: the brushwork is textured and detailed, the cymbals naturally decay, and the movement of air with each note of the double bass is palpable.  And, as I said, this is without any burn-in period.  Some folks here commented just how much of an improvement the mR 1.4 is over its predecessor.  I can't compare the uR to mR 1.4, but if you're contemplating the leap from 1.3 to the uR, I can safely say you won't be disappointed.  I cannot wait to hear the incremental improvements after hours of streaming.

Happy listening!

Excellent. I can't decide if to keep it here or move to the ultraRendu thread:)  

My MR landed in Floriday Wednesday for the 1.4 update.

Now it's Friday and it's on its way back to me.

Color me seriously impressed!

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

Guys. 

I need some help. My MicroRendu has the following status

"Your item cleared United States Customs at 10:36 am on July 15, 2017."

and Jesus have not got it. 

Does it really take that long time to ship something to Sonore ?

Have anyone shipped from abroad experienced long lead time after arriving the US.

For me it's almost impossible to get through USPS, as they demand us phone number or my address has to be in the US. 

Not to ruin your day any further, but...

I sent a parcel to Sonore from Denmark on a Friday in mid December with a promise of delivery the following Monday.

Instead, it fell off the grid until February 12, where it suddenly showed up on tracking as in Chicago. It took another week for delivery.

Now, I only use DHL, FedEx or UPS.

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

1 hour ago, Al Jones said:

Not to ruin your day any further, but...

I sent a parcel to Sonore from Denmark on a Friday in mid December with a promise of delivery the following Monday.

Instead, it fell off the grid until February 12, where it suddenly showed up on tracking as in Chicago. It took another week for delivery.

Now, I only use DHL, FedEx or UPS.

+100

I experience this when I have stuff shipped to me in the US from abroad. I've learned to avoid any shipping method with the word "Mail" or "Post" in it, even if they have hopeful adjectives in front of them like Royal, Fast, or Smart.

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

Guys. 

Have anyone shipped from abroad experienced long lead time after arriving the US.

For me it's almost impossible to get through USPS, as they demand us phone number or my address has to be in the US. 

What you're experiencing is normal, although it's anybody's guess how long it'll take to resurface. What I find is there is radio silence after the custom cleared message, and several days later the updates will resume just prior to delivery.

I just been in a call 5 quarters with USPS. Well 5 quarters wait. 3 min talk. With two persons. 

No help. They say it may take up to 7 days. That's tomorrow. 

A lost package has to be traced by the Norwegian post. That will take time. 

I think this one is lost. 

If anyone has a MicroRendu cover for sale, let me know ?

2 hours ago, R1200CL said:

For me it's almost impossible to get through USPS

The Sonore email explicitly warned not to use USPS to avoid delays.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

9 minutes ago, rickca said:

The Sonore email explicitly warned not to use USPS to avoid delays.

Without checking, DHL or any of the others is more than $100. 

I just wish it would be possible to have the card shipped instead. To late now anyway. 

I just have to wait another week. I can enjoy my ISO REGEN with LPS-1. 

10 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

DHL or any of the others is more than $100

I had no idea it was so expensive!  Really, it's way too soon to consider it lost, but I understand your anxiety.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

I had assumed that the 1.4 upgrade was basically the new and ongoing version of the Micro Rendu but apparently not.  It seems it is a way to get your Micro rendu to be upgraded to sound closer to an Ultra Rendu.  For $265 upgrade vs a $235 price difference between micro and ultra i think most will just buy an Ultra Rendu.

38 minutes ago, DarwinOSX said:

I had assumed that the 1.4 upgrade was basically the new and ongoing version of the Micro Rendu but apparently not.  It seems it is a way to get your Micro rendu to be upgraded to sound closer to an Ultra Rendu.  For $265 upgrade vs a $235 price difference between micro and ultra i think most will just buy an Ultra Rendu.

Yes, this is the way I see it ... the upgrade offer is just that, for existing owners of the mR (at present) ... if you were new to the market for a Sonore device then it would make total sense to get the Ultra.... unless you could stretch to a Signature ... perhaps.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

7 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Guys. 

they did the same to me when I recently shipped an item back to alex at uptone. it just 'hung' for over a week and then all of a sudden 3 updates in one day and got delivered the next day.

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

Here are my impressions of the microRendu clock upgrade.

Sonore has really unlocked the potential of this device.  When you go ... wait, it's never done that before ... you know you've made a good decision.  

So what's different?  Treble has prettier shimmer and sparkle, just more finesse.  Bass is more well defined.  Pizzicato sounds like you're playing the instrument yourself.  

I had to move the microRendu from my nearfield monitors to a more sophisticated system to really hear all it could do.  That alone is a pretty good endorsement.

I'll be interested to hear from people who have both an ultraRendu and a microRendu clock upgrade.   I still feel the microRendu is somewhat restrained. 

6 minutes ago, rickca said:

Sonore has really unlocked the potential of this device.  When you go ... wait, it's never done that before ... you know you've made a good decision.  

So what's different?  Treble has prettier shimmer and sparkle, just more finesse.  Bass is more well defined.  Pizzicato sounds like you're playing the instrument yourself.  

I had to move the microRendu from my nearfield monitors to a more sophisticated system to really hear all it could do.  That alone is a pretty good endorsement.

I'll be interested to hear from people who have both an ultraRendu and a microRendu clock upgrade.  

Just further confirmation to me to go straight to the Ultra rendu.  Which is exactly what they want you to do and what the upgrade pricing is based on.

But since my end speakers are def LS50W it seems I can buy a Sonic Transport instead and get both a Roon server and feed the Kef's via UPNP without needing the Micro Rendu or Ultra Rendu at all.  Decisions, decisions.

4 minutes ago, DarwinOSX said:

Just further confirmation to me to go straight to the Ultra rendu.

Then you better not audition the Signature Rendu SE.  Clearly, Sonore is confident their design can take you even further with optimized power. 

2 hours ago, DarwinOSX said:

The 1.4 hardware update is actually 235 USD or 245 USD. 

7 hours ago, R1200CL said:

I just been in a call 5 quarters with USPS. Well 5 quarters wait. 3 min talk. With two persons. 

No help. They say it may take up to 7 days. That's tomorrow. 

A lost package has to be traced by the Norwegian post. That will take time. 

I think this one is lost. 

If anyone has a MicroRendu cover for sale, let me know ?

it's likely on a truck on route and will not show up in the tracking until its scanned again. 

34 minutes ago, rickca said:

I'll be interested to hear from people who have both an ultraRendu and a microRendu clock upgrade.   I still feel the microRendu is somewhat restrained. 

There you go...enjoy!