IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

I have both a microRendu (study headphone system) and a SOSE (living room). They are on the same wired network (Cat 6), terminated on the same router, which is talking to the Internet fine. Just tried to update the software on both. The SOSE updated, but the microRendu timed out the update with an error. I rebooted it, and tried again. Same error:

06/13/2016 00:01:44 - Updating sonicorbiter packages...

Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'sonicorbiter' from 'http://yum.sonicorbiter.com/releases/22/armhfp/RPMS/': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried, disabling.

Part of the problem with doing this is that running any DSP on the microRendu will increase the electrical noise on power and ground planes, which will probably decrease the sound quality.

The microRendu is perfectly capable of doing multi-channel in DLNA or MPD mode, so what you need to find is a program you can run on an external machine that can take 2 channel in, run the DSP and output multi-channel. I don't know of such a thing, but it might exist somewhere. I'm pretty sure that something with JACK and SOX could do that.

John S.

Not sure if the Brutefir plug-in for LMS can do the trick. Agree that it's best run LMS on a separate computer for this.

I have a customer that reported that Reboot and Power Down were switched. I could not reproduce it so I dismissed it. Use Power Down and see if it comes up after a minute?

Hi,

I tried the power down icon and it appears that it just "powered down". Same as my year old Sonic Orbiter. I tried the reboot icon again, and unfortunately it still is just shutting down.

No problem at all with ALAC files in DLNA mode.

Read it again, the issue described in those previous posts affects LMS/Squeezelite mode, not DLNA/MPD.

Gotcha. Did cross my mind except I wasn't sure my method was DLNA or there's a dash of LMS splashed in there somewhere. :P

Speaker Rig: Roon > microRendu + HDPlex 100W > Yggdrasil > iTube > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II 

Vinyl Rig: Sansui SR-2050C > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II

Home Rig: Roon > microRendu > iPurifier 2 > Yggdrasil > iCAN SE > HD800S (LPS: HDPlex 100W)

Office Rig: Roon > mac mini > iDSD BL > HD800S / Viso HP50 / Marshall Major II

Does anyone have any experience using the uRendu with JRiver? I tried it last nite in the DLNA mode, with Jriver as server and control point. Compared with my current configuration -- minimserver and Bubbleupnp as server/control point -- the volume was reduced by about a third, even though the volume slider on JRemote was maxed out. Ideally, I"d like to raise the output and defeat Jriver's volume control (it can't do anything good). Thanks. -- David

Just wanted to give some props to Jesus for helping me solve the issue with the F-1 converter and taking the time to do so, on a Friday evening none the less!

Jesus, you've made an outstanding product with the microRendu and your customer service is second to none. Thank you!

Deleted: question answered

This is the real deal, thanks to all involved in producing the microrendu. The sound I am hearing is outstanding. As many others have said, dynamics, bass, black background, wonderful detail. I am listening via Mac with HQ Player. DIY power supply, also just today I was able to run an optical line to the Microrendu. Nice...

06/13/2016 00:01:44 - Updating sonicorbiter packages...

Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'sonicorbiter' from 'http://yum.sonicorbiter.com/releases/22/armhfp/RPMS/': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried, disabling.

Whatever it was, it's cleared, I was able to update this evening.

Gotta agree with all the great things being said about the sound of the Mrendu. I am using mine powered by the JS-2. I tried it with the Industrial strength galvanic isolator but my preference is without it. Can't wait for Amanero to finish up the updated driver to do 256 with Linux. Still, I am pretty much convinced though that the Rendu @ 128 DoP is BETTER than my fully tweaked Win 10 PC/Jcat USB, SATA cable @ native 256. I still am running AO 2.0 and Process Lasso on the main PC with no issues. Also using optic ethernet connection from the primary house router to the USB switch near audio system and optic to the Rendu as well. I wonder if this has anything to do with the boot up problem I am experiencing with it in this configuration, although I have a Sonic Orbiter hooked up to my HT system with no issue. Hopefully it will get worked out!

Within the last week or so, my system has developed a slight pop (click) at the end of each track. I have not really explored all the situations this occurs but I know it happens with PCM source being converted & upsampled to native DSD256 using HQP.

My system is a Linux (Ubuntu Studio) server running HQP and Roon core (server) with output to mRendu operating in HQP NAA mode.

I didn't see this issue when I first installed the mRendu, it is something that just recently started showing up which is odd.

I have not updated HQP on the server for several weeks as I am already running the latest release. The mRendu shows release 2.1, not sure if it does automatic updates or not. I am using the hard adapter between the mRendu and DAC.

My USB board is the JLSounds that supports native DSD.

I thought I had seen mention from others here on CA that they are seeing the same (similar) issue but I couldn't find the postings.

Any suggestions?

Does anyone have any experience using the uRendu with JRiver? I tried it last nite in the DLNA mode, with Jriver as server and control point. Compared with my current configuration -- minimserver and Bubbleupnp as server/control point -- the volume was reduced by about a third, even though the volume slider on JRemote was maxed out. Ideally, I"d like to raise the output and defeat Jriver's volume control (it can't do anything good). Thanks. -- David

I would also like to know how you can set this up.

I just installed ( really surprised it worked so easy) the MR in my system replacing a NUC with SSD HD inbuilt. It had some tweaks like Vbus isolator, Regen amber with Teddy pardo power supply. It recognised my Didit DAC 112 at once no issues at all.

The MR with IFi powersupply is already beating my old setup so I am very pleased. After a few days when I hope it is burned in I will swap the powersupply for the Teddy pardo 6v and see how that sounds instead. The sound coming from MR is very clean and easy to listen to. Are there any settings in Jriver that one should apply?

Thanks to Jesus and the team for a very good product that I hope many PC users out there will find!

Regards Magnus

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

I need a advice. My expensive DAC do not support USB. For the time beeing im using a Squeezebox with Roon. (LMS before)

i have the hiFace EVO II with clock and power, that has not been used for some time.

How will a USB to spdif converter work with the mR ?

I guess there is a reason why the mR was not designed with a spdif interface, or maybe not ?

Any taughts how my hiFace with the mR will sound compared to my SBT ?

The SBT use standard power, (and EDO), and if i purchase the mR i will start with the iFi power.

Jesus, I have the M2tech Hiface Evo Two combined with the rendu and it sounds amazing. I recently tried to add the new Word/Master Clock piece that they sell separately as an add on unit. When I power on everything, I notice signal has a hard time locking on and it continually crashes the rendu. I have tried different sequences in powering everything up with no luck. Have you had others who are trying to use the M2tech Master clock have this issue?

Have you found a solution to this issue ?

I need a advice. My expensive DAC do not support USB. For the time beeing im using a Squeezebox with Roon. (LMS before)

i have the hiFace EVO II with clock and power, that has not been used for some time.

How will a USB to spdif converter work with the mR ?

I guess there is a reason why the mR was not designed with a spdif interface, or maybe not ?

Any taughts how my hiFace with the mR will sound compared to my SBT ?

The SBT use standard power, (and EDO), and if i purchase the mR i will start with the iFi power.

I would suggest that read Chris' review on this site. He used the µRendu extensively via a Berkeley Audio USB-SPDIF converter and reported superb performance.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Within the last week or so, my system has developed a slight pop (click) at the end of each track. I have not really explored all the situations this occurs but I know it happens with PCM source being converted & upsampled to native DSD256 using HQP.

My system is a Linux (Ubuntu Studio) server running HQP and Roon core (server) with output to mRendu operating in HQP NAA mode.

I didn't see this issue when I first installed the mRendu, it is something that just recently started showing up which is odd.

I have not updated HQP on the server for several weeks as I am already running the latest release. The mRendu shows release 2.1, not sure if it does automatic updates or not. I am using the hard adapter between the mRendu and DAC.

My USB board is the JLSounds that supports native DSD.

I thought I had seen mention from others here on CA that they are seeing the same (similar) issue but I couldn't find the postings.

Any suggestions?

We have not done anything that could have started this lately. In NAA output mode...we are just receiving the stream. What I can tell you is that a DIY board will not generally send mute signals to a DAC (DAC chip) to deal with these kinds of clicks.

I found this posted on the Roon forum that expands on what I was trying to say. This is a post of some comments from Jussi on the topic of clicks between DSD titles.

"That is common problem with DoP and DACs that don't follow DSD specification closely enough. The specification requires DAC to mute output for 50 ms when DSD stream is starting and when it is ending to avoid such noises.

HQPlayer does play silence at beginning and end of playback. But not between tracks. Make sure you have either PCM or SDM output mode selected (instead of Auto) in main window so that DAC stays at either mode and doesn't keep switching between the modes..."