IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Jesus,

Any follow up or idea on why there's no sound with the F-1 xmos converter?

F 1 Xmos USB Digital Interface Module XU208 U8 Upgraded Version | eBay

I just tried a different USB/spdif converter and it works perfectly. I'm curious as to why the F-1 and microRendu stopped making sound...as I said before they worked great the first few days and sounded awesome.

Is it possible to restore the mRendu to factory settings so to speak? Just wondering if rebooting caused an issue...

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

Ok. I just got my microrendu a couple of days ago, and I set it up tonight. It took about a minute to get it set up, and it does indeed sound very nice. I am using a Synology NAS, Geek Pulse xfi DAC, and Sennheiser Hd 700 headphones. Jerry Garcia and David Grisman - the first album - is really working for me right now!

One thing: I set the rendu up in DLNA mode. Audio Station, the Synology OEM music server, sounds great, but, boy, JRiver sounds awful - murky and muffled. And you know, I had the same experience when I used those two servers to play through my Sonos system. Anybody have any idea why JRiver comes up so short in the DLNA department? I mean, it is like night and day! Is it just having the extra device (i.e. the PC) in the chain?

I always thought the Audio Station Synology sounds very good, you confirm that you have configured with the microRendu?

Jesus,

I just tried a different USB/spdif converter and it works perfectly. I'm curious as to why the F-1 and microRendu stopped making sound...as I said before they worked great the first few days and sounded awesome.

Is it possible to restore the mRendu to factory settings so to speak? Just wondering if rebooting caused an issue...

Hi,

did you try a complete shutdown from within the SonicOrbiter app, then unplug the power to the microRendu then unplug the F1 from the USB cable at the F1, then power the microRendu back on again?

I am running an F1, haven't had any issues. But your issue makes me worry about the F-1s reliability.

Cheers,

Jesus,

Email me later and let's see if we can get that going.

Hi,

did you try a complete shutdown from within the SonicOrbiter app, then unplug the power to the microRendu then unplug the F1 from the USB cable at the F1, then power the microRendu back on again?

I am running an F1, haven't had any issues. But your issue makes me worry about the F-1s reliability.

Cheers,

I have not but will try that now. I've tried the F-1 on my pc at work and other than getting the pita driver to download it's been wonderful.

How do do you like it with microRendu? I thought the two combined was some of the best sound my system has ever had.

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

If I have 2 completely separate systems in my house, can I continue to use 1 system as is, with the DAC just getting it's digital stream directly from my computer, as always, and the other system with the microRendu in place? I am thinking of this:

System 1: Router --ethernetCable1-->Windows PC --USBcable1--> Chord TT DAC. [Just a plain old system with local music files via Jriver along with Tidal +Roon.]

System 2: Router --ethernetCable2--> MicroRendu --USBcable2--> EMM DAC. [Controlled by an Apple Ipad or Android Tablet]

If this will work, can System 2 get its music from

(a) Roon;

(b) Tidal;

© possibly external hard drives connected to system 1, or would I need an external drive somewhere else? That is, could System 2 recognize the music files on system 1 somehow?

Please note that there is only one Router involved.

Thank you.

I see no issue with this. You can even add a Sonicorbiter SE as another zone and Roon will keep things in sync.

I have not but will try that now. I've tried the F-1 on my pc at work and other than getting the pita driver to download it's been wonderful.

How do do you like it with microRendu? I thought the two combined was some of the best sound my system has ever had.

Hi,

It's crazy-good sounding... I can hardly believe it. It utterly destroys my HiFace IF. The soundstage is much improved, plus low-level detail, and overall sound balance is just amazing...

Hi,

It's crazy-good sounding... I can hardly believe it. It utterly destroys my HiFace IF. The soundstage is much improved, plus low-level detail, and overall sound balance is just amazing...

Yep, that's why I'm hoping Jesus can help. I tried shutting down the system and unplugging the power and cat6 cable but it didn't work. Man I miss that soundstage...

Just wanted to give some props to Jesus for helping me solve the issue with the F-1 converter and taking the time to do so, on a Friday evening none the less!

Jesus, you've made an outstanding product with the microRendu and your customer service is second to none. Thank you!

The cool thing about the Synology's server is that it automatically finds new content without having to rescan the library.

It does most of the time, but I've had a few occasions where I had to rebuild the index for it to see new content. It's also not as flexible wrt metadata as Minimserver. OTOH, Minimserver needs always to rescan to see new content, and that can take a while.

Finally got HQP NAA to work. Not exactly sure what the magic sequence was but I bypassed the Mutec MC-3 + USB and went straight from the uRendu into the Yggy. That worked straight away. Then I added back the Mutec MC-3 and bingo, success. So while RoonReady mode was pretty much idiot proof HQP NAA took a little bit of futzing around.

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

Just wanted to give some props to Jesus for helping me solve the issue with the F-1 converter and taking the time to do so, on a Friday evening none the less!

Jesus, you've made an outstanding product with the microRendu and your customer service is second to none. Thank you!

How did you/Jesus make it work ? I have been meaning to buy the F-1 converter to use with the uR.

Thanks...don't forget to update your signature:)

Hello, sorry for my english and for the "newbie question", but I have a doubt...

Currently I have a dual PC system where the two computers are connected directly with optical fiber cable and TPLINK adapters.

The micro PC that acts as NAA (fanless Gygabyte 2807 with WS2012R2 and Audiophile Optimizer) has a static IP address and a different subnet mask (following the advice of JPLAY manual), so it is isolated from Internet and from main home network.

I use HQPLAYER in NAA mode (with MUSO) and rarely JPLAY.

I would like to know if, after installing the microrendu in the usual way, through the connection to the router and to the home network, after setting the application that I want to use (i.e. NAA or Roon), and after assignin to microrendu a static IP, I can change the connections and connect it directly to the pc server using fiber optic cables and TPLINK adapters like now, or through an ethernet cable. The microrendu would continue to function normally?

And if not, the superior sound quality of microrendu would be such as to render unnecessary the direct connection?

Thanks

- Pc Server: Win 10 Pro 64bit with two NICs (one dedicated to JPLAY/HQPlayer) with Fidelizer Pro/Process Lasso

- NAA Pc: Gygabyte 2807 - Windows Server 2016 Virtual Core Mode with AO v. 2.20b6 and Process Lasso

- Wireworld Starlight usb 3.0 (from NAA) + iGalvanic 3.0 + Furutech GT2 USB cable + iFi iUsb Micro 3.0 + Oyaide Continental 5S Silver (to DAC) 

- dac T+A DAC 8 DSD  - preamplifier Audio Research LS22r - amplifier Mark Levinson 27.5 - loudspeakers Dynaudio Confidence C1

- Interconnets: Kimber Kable Select - Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC

- Headphones: Focal Utopia   - Headphone Amplifier: Bryston BHA-1

Hello, sorry for my english and for the "newbie question", but I have a doubt...

Currently I have a dual PC system where the two computers are connected directly with optical fiber cable and TPLINK adapters.

The micro PC that acts as NAA (fanless Gygabyte 2807 with WS2012R2 and Audiophile Optimizer) has a static IP address and a different subnet mask (following the advice of JPLAY manual), so it is isolated from Internet and from main home network.

I use HQPLAYER in NAA mode (with MUSO) and rarely JPLAY.

I would like to know if, after installing the microrendu in the usual way, through the connection to the router and to the home network, after setting the application that I want to use (i.e. NAA or Roon), and after assignin to microrendu a static IP, I can change the connections and connect it directly to the pc server using fiber optic cables and TPLINK adapters like now, or through an ethernet cable. The microrendu would continue to function normally?

And if not, the superior sound quality of microrendu would be such as to render unnecessary the direct connection?

Thanks

The microRendu needs to see the internet for regular use. The connection to a router is needed for it to assign the microRendu an IP address. You can't assign the microRendu a fixed IP address. Also, not sure that NAA will like a direct connection and I'm not sure the fiber optic system will work. Finally, I will not provide support for this type of system. If I were you...I would just connect it to your home router.

Jesus,

When you say "The microRendu needs to see the internet for regular use", what does it need to see. I have my music on a a isolated local network. No internet. Since yesterday, I hooked up a wireless router, Gigabit Ethernet switch, MacMini, NAS, and microRendu on a separate network, isolated from my home network. My home network gets a lot of traffic. I wanted to see if it sounded better isolated from all the traffic. My old ears says it does sound better.

-WynnHiFi

NUC >  M5 > May KTE > Bliss KTE > Headphone of the day

Jesus,

When you say "The microRendu needs to see the internet for regular use", what does it need to see. I have my music on a a isolated local network. No internet. Since yesterday, I hooked up a wireless router, Gigabit Ethernet switch, MacMini, NAS, and microRendu on a separate network, isolated from my home network. My home network gets a lot of traffic. I wanted to see if it sounded better isolated from all the traffic. My old ears says it does sound better.

-WynnHiFi

No internet streaming, no updates, no tech support from Sonore, can't use www.sonicorbiter.com to find the unit, etc. Use it however you want, but understand that it's not how we intended its regular use.

How did you/Jesus make it work ? I have been meaning to buy the F-1 converter to use with the uR.

Like Jesus said, went into settings and clicked on Roon Ready and then clicked save changes. The only thing I could think of that caused the issue was last Sunday or Monday I tried one last time to get hqplayer to work with Roon on my Mac mini and I must have clicked on something or something happened when I rebooted it. The F-1 worked straightway when I first received it so I was a little puzzled why it stopped.

Has anyone had issues with the hard adaptor? When I attempt using it, the uR doesn't see the DAC.

No problems using the hard connector. Did you try any USB cable instead to isolate your issue?

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)