IGNORED

USB Disruptor

Didn't see any reports of these in use. Did anyone try one?

Quite a few, and I've posted actual customer testimonials on the site. I know a lot of people probably believe the testimonials are made up, etc. Well, they are 100% real customers who paid for the product. And it's hard to get a customer to give a testimonial because people just don't want to be bothered.

usbdisruptor.com/testimonials

I've sold a lot of units with no complaints and only one return which had nothing to do with the unit. I have a very positive review from a professional audiophile publication which is not yet released but the reviewer's email to me had the subject line: "Amazing!"

He is using a DirectStream DAC and commented that it sounds better without the Jitterbug. Which is the same finding I had at Paul L.'s house with his Schiit Gugnir DAC. We tried it with and without Jitterbug and we like it better without.

I've got more work to do on the site, soon I will post the power supply specifications - deep specs as requested by many on this board.

I have three more customer reviews to post, here's a sample:

Rob, thanks for checking. I am using the Disrupter with a Aurender XL100L, going into a PS Audio DSD. It is also plugged into a Regen. I did notice a small improvement in the overall space of the music. Thanks for the device.

Here's another one, though Mark hadn't tried it yet because he's going on vacation - You reminded/ inspired me to hook it up - nice! It really seems like an immediate improvement. Again, check back when I can comment intelligently/experientially

Anyway, I want everyone to know that these are real people. These aren't made up reviews. And these guys are serious audiophiles.

Quite a few, and I've posted actual customer testimonials on the site. I know a lot of people probably believe the testimonials are made up, etc. Well, they are 100% real customers who paid for the product. And it's hard to get a customer to give a testimonial because people just don't want to be bothered.

usbdisruptor.com/testimonials

I've sold a lot of units with no complaints and only one return which had nothing to do with the unit. I have a very positive review from a professional audiophile publication which is not yet released but the reviewer's email to me had the subject line: "Amazing!"

He is using a DirectStream DAC and commented that it sounds better without the Jitterbug. Which is the same finding I had at Paul L.'s house with his Schiit Gugnir DAC. We tried it with and without Jitterbug and we like it better without.

I've got more work to do on the site, soon I will post the power supply specifications - deep specs as requested by many on this board.

I have three more customer reviews to post, here's a sample:

Rob, thanks for checking. I am using the Disrupter with a Aurender XL100L, going into a PS Audio DSD. It is also plugged into a Regen. I did notice a small improvement in the overall space of the music. Thanks for the device.

Here's another one, though Mark hadn't tried it yet because he's going on vacation - You reminded/ inspired me to hook it up - nice! It really seems like an immediate improvement. Again, check back when I can comment intelligently/experientially

Anyway, I want everyone to know that these are real people. These aren't made up reviews. And these guys are serious audiophiles.

Sorry, many folks here would say this isn't worth much.

Any CA member users that could share their own findings?

Sorry, many folks here would say this isn't worth much.

Any CA member users that could share their own findings?

What do you think people need to see Kilroy? Does a review in a magazine help? I think customer testimonials are very important, which I have. What else is important, in your opinion? I provide a no hassle 30 day return policy. I don't know what else to say, I mean if you don't hear the difference or don't like it then send it back for a refund.

It's also pretty inexpensive, we're not talking about a $6000 DAC here. It is within reach of every computer audio user. And to my ears it makes inexpensive DAC's sound great, which opens up new users to our hobby.

What do you think people need to see Kilroy? Does a review in a magazine help? I think customer testimonials are very important, which I have. What else is important, in your opinion? I provide a no hassle 30 day return policy. I don't know what else to say, I mean if you don't hear the difference or don't like it then send it back for a refund.

It's also pretty inexpensive, we're not talking about a $6000 DAC here. It is within reach of every computer audio user. And to my ears it makes inexpensive DAC's sound great, which opens up new users to our hobby.

robprore-

You really are pushy. Maybe some people want to see a "review" by a user - and not on YOUR site. Get it?

I know it is hard for you to understand, but not everyone who writes a comment here necessarily wants a response from you. I'd suggest you follow site custom, which is to write about your own product when a direct question is asked about it, and not to continually tell us why we should buy it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

robprore-

You really are pushy. Maybe some people want to see a "review" by a user - and not on YOUR site. Get it?

I know it is hard for you to understand, but not everyone who writes a comment here necessarily wants a response from you. I'd suggest you follow site custom, which is to write about your own product when a direct question is asked about it, and not to continually tell us why we should buy it.

I also have an Odyssey Kismet. Awesome amp! I was trying to let you guys know that people have actually reviewed it, but maybe not users from this site.

Other than that, I will respect the custom of the site but I will always answer questions that are relevant especially if there is any misinformation being circulated.

What did you expect? With all of your silly comments on Audiogon, and now here, you have no credibility. There's plenty of other manufacturers that post, and are well liked because they conduct themselves like professionals.

What did you expect? With all of your silly comments on Audiogon, and now here, you have no credibility. There's plenty of other manufacturers that post, and are well liked because they conduct themselves like professionals.

I can't say that you sound very professional, saying my comments are silly. Credibility is very important and the cause and effect synthesis, along with professional testing, has been completed.

Does this problem, not matter how it's solved, exist in a bridge like Aries instead of an regular computer, feeding a DAC? Also, does the whole USB/SPDIF SQ discussions matter with a bridge instead of a computer?

That's an excellent question. It depends on what is inside the Aries unit. If it's basically a computer with a processing engine, power supply, RAM, and other circuits, then yes the sound quality would matter because the same noise pollution is being created inside the Aries and then transmitted to the DAC, just like it would be with a computer.

Does this problem, not matter how it's solved, exist in a bridge like Aries instead of an regular computer, feeding a DAC? Also, does the whole USB/SPDIF SQ discussions matter with a bridge instead of a computer?

Good question for it's own topic thread. You're more likely to get a meaningful answer.

I can't say that you sound very professional, saying my comments are silly. Credibility is very important and the cause and effect synthesis, along with professional testing, has been completed.

What difference does it make if I sound professional, or not? Its irrelevant. I'm not selling anything. And as for your comments being silly, believe me when I tell you that I was holding back. I could have taken a much harsher tone, but I opted not to because its the holiday season, and all.

I'm not going through the hassle of cut and pasting your silly quotes yet again because you act like you have no idea what I'm talking about. I've made the point many times over, and the only one who tries to defend what you wrote is you.

How about sending one to Computer Audiophile and let Chris take it for a spin? Until you take a step like that, there is probably little to be gained here. Seems pretty obvious to me but hey I didn't go to college.

Andrew Bacon

'if it aint broke take it apart and find out why'

How about Chris, please save us from threads and 'tat peddlers' like this.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

I don’t think that mean-spirited attacks against robpriore are justified, no matter how much he seems to ask for it.

But the fact is he has not made any effort to satisfy requests made from the beginning for technical information or any other empirical data explaining the problem he perceives to exist (“noise”, “pollution”), or how his device solves those problems.

Instead, all his explanations are full of phrasing like “to my ears”, “perhaps”, “maybe”, “somehow”, sprinkled with postulated theories and, again, still no data to back anything up. Oh yeah, and those “testimonials” whose provenance cannot be verified. None of this bolsters his credibility.

Nor has he honored even his own statement from yesterday, where he says he will not continue to jump in every time a post is added. He does, the most recent one theorizing about (without any apparent real knowledge) how the Aries works, and seemingly setting up the poster for his impending sales pitch.

That heavy-handed sales pitch continues, which has worn so thin on me and others, apparently. This alone is probably enough to turn off any potential customers from this site, as evidenced by the fact that there seems to be no buyers here, or at least none who thought the device deserved good comment.

As another poster mentioned, there are plenty of other manufacturers who have engaged the forum in lengthy discussions about the workings of their products, and presented in a manner that is consistent with how this forum operates. For the most part these manufacturers “get” how to operate here, and have prompted a lot of good discussion and debate, as well as sold a lot of products. We all know at least one popular USB product seller, who has sold hundreds (maybe thousands now?) of his product, almost solely based on his interaction with this forum.

As robpriore continues to “dig his own hole”, as so aptly said by another poster, it should be time now for him to amend his methods to fit the need and requests of this forum and its residents, or to just take his product and his pushy hard-sell line elsewhere.

Which is a shame, really, because maybe there is something to the product, but the way it's presented, the marketing and selling, and the incredible statements from the manufacturer pretty much dooms it.

I certainly won’t be wasting another minute of my time with this guy. Nor would I ever consider buying his product for all the reasons stated above.

Now on to enjoying the weekend!

I don’t think that mean-spirited attacks against robpriore are justified, no matter how much he seems to ask for it.

But the fact is he has not made any effort to satisfy requests made from the beginning for technical information or any other empirical data explaining the problem he perceives to exist (“noise”, “pollution”), or how his device solves those problems.

Instead, all his explanations are full of phrasing like “to my ears”, “perhaps”, “maybe”, “somehow”, sprinkled with postulated theories and, again, still no data to back anything up. Oh yeah, and those “testimonials” whose provenance cannot be verified. None of this bolsters his credibility.

Nor has he honored even his own statement from yesterday, where he says he will not continue to jump in every time a post is added. He does, the most recent one theorizing about (without any apparent real knowledge) how the Aries works, and seemingly setting up the poster for his impending sales pitch.

That heavy-handed sales pitch continues, which has worn so thin on me and others, apparently. This alone is probably enough to turn off any potential customers from this site, as evidenced by the fact that there seems to be no buyers here, or at least none who thought the device deserved good comment.

As another poster mentioned, there are plenty of other manufacturers who have engaged the forum in lengthy discussions about the workings of their products, and presented in a manner that is consistent with how this forum operates. For the most part these manufacturers “get” how to operate here, and have prompted a lot of good discussion and debate, as well as sold a lot of products. We all know at least one popular USB product seller, who has sold hundreds (maybe thousands now?) of his product, almost solely based on his interaction with this forum.

As robpriore continues to “dig his own hole”, as so aptly said by another poster, it should be time now for him to amend his methods to fit the need and requests of this forum and its residents, or to just take his product and his pushy hard-sell line elsewhere.

Which is a shame, really, because maybe there is something to the product, but the way it's presented, the marketing and selling, and the incredible statements from the manufacturer pretty much dooms it.

I certainly won’t be wasting another minute of my time with this guy. Nor would I ever consider buying his product for all the reasons stated above.

Now on to enjoying the weekend!

Wow, your whole essay is a mean-spirited attack. There you go, saying one thing out of one side of your mouth and another out the other side.

I have provided evidence, as I said I would. Marketing and selling are important aspects to any business. The claims made by me, my customers, and reviewers are real. To think that you would not even consider the product because of a misperceived bad feeling about who I am as a person is absolutely unconscionable.

You who have so readily attacked me and my product on this site all hide behind fake names. Who are you even to say these things? You hide behind your fake name and write whatever you like. Maybe you have another motive.

You simply can't write on the one hand that I must behave a certain way when you do whatever you like, and of course hide behind your fake name.

New ideas and products evolve. New methods result that improve older methods.

Your write: "But the fact is he has not made any effort to satisfy requests made from the beginning for technical information or any other empirical data explaining the problem he perceives to exist (“noise”, “pollution”), or how his device solves those problems."

A large amount of technical data is in fact available on the site for anyone to review. And this information has evolved over time.

You also write: "That heavy-handed sales pitch continues, which has worn so thin on me and others, apparently. This alone is probably enough to turn off any potential customers from this site, as evidenced by the fact that there seems to be no buyers here, or at least none who thought the device deserved good comment."

I'm not sure what you mean by a heavy handed sales pitch but again since you write anonymously you can say whatever you want. Which really ties directly to YOUR credibility.

You find it so easy to bash me and my efforts, and I'm sure you've bashed plenty of others, after I have willingly exposed new ideas and theories with a lot of supporting evidence that continues to build over time - which you simply have told us you're going to ignore because you don't like me.

So who are you? What is your authority and knowledge on the subject? You have an EE degree from a Carnegie Mellon or one of those top schools? You a professional electrical engineer?

I have no choice but to monitor this forum to continually manage the misinformation propagated by people like you who hide behind fake identities.

To me that is a big part of credibility. Because it if came out that you are an Audioquest guy let's say, who makes money off expensive USB cables, then I think maybe people might think you have another motive.

Happy Friday!!!

How about sending one to Computer Audiophile and let Chris take it for a spin? Until you take a step like that, there is probably little to be gained here. Seems pretty obvious to me but hey I didn't go to college.

I would love to. That's a great idea. I'll contact him and ask if he's interested.

I would love to. That's a great idea. I'll contact him and ask if he's interested.

It's complicated, but I have faith in you. Scroll down and click on the link that says "Contact Us". Doing that will auto fill a form with your account info. Select "Review Request" in the subject box. Then click in the "Message" box and make your case in that magical way of yours. Then click "Send" and you're done.

It's complicated, but I have faith in you. Scroll down and click on the link that says "Contact Us". Doing that will auto fill a form with your account info. Select "Review Request" in the subject box. Then click in the "Message" box and make your case in that magical way of yours. Then click "Send" and you're done.

Thank you, despite your arrogance and anonymity.

Thank you, despite your arrogance and anonymity.

I was going for funny, not arrogant. But however you took it, I owe you an apology. I misread your post. I thought you were asking how to contact CA for a review, and I just thought it was funny that you would ask how to do something so simple and yet build your own audio components. Clearly, I was the one at fault here, so I'm sorry.

Yet another attempt to cash in on the quasi-myth that USB is not fit for audio?

Not what we do here.

We look for Audiophile quality, which USB wasn't designed for (and neither our computers nor their motherboards, nor their power supplies).

If in doubt, re-read the URL and name of this forum.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Wow, your whole essay is a mean-spirited attack. There you go, saying one thing out of one side of your mouth and another out the other side.

I have provided evidence, as I said I would. Marketing and selling are important aspects to any business. The claims made by me, my customers, and reviewers are real. To think that you would not even consider the product because of a misperceived bad feeling about who I am as a person is absolutely unconscionable.

You who have so readily attacked me and my product on this site all hide behind fake names. Who are you even to say these things? You hide behind your fake name and write whatever you like. Maybe you have another motive.

You simply can't write on the one hand that I must behave a certain way when you do whatever you like, and of course hide behind your fake name.

New ideas and products evolve. New methods result that improve older methods.

Your write: "But the fact is he has not made any effort to satisfy requests made from the beginning for technical information or any other empirical data explaining the problem he perceives to exist (“noise”, “pollution”), or how his device solves those problems."

A large amount of technical data is in fact available on the site for anyone to review. And this information has evolved over time.

You also write: "That heavy-handed sales pitch continues, which has worn so thin on me and others, apparently. This alone is probably enough to turn off any potential customers from this site, as evidenced by the fact that there seems to be no buyers here, or at least none who thought the device deserved good comment."

I'm not sure what you mean by a heavy handed sales pitch but again since you write anonymously you can say whatever you want. Which really ties directly to YOUR credibility.

You find it so easy to bash me and my efforts, and I'm sure you've bashed plenty of others, after I have willingly exposed new ideas and theories with a lot of supporting evidence that continues to build over time - which you simply have told us you're going to ignore because you don't like me.

So who are you? What is your authority and knowledge on the subject? You have an EE degree from a Carnegie Mellon or one of those top schools? You a professional electrical engineer?

I have no choice but to monitor this forum to continually manage the misinformation propagated by people like you who hide behind fake identities.

To me that is a big part of credibility. Because it if came out that you are an Audioquest guy let's say, who makes money off expensive USB cables, then I think maybe people might think you have another motive.

Happy Friday!!!

Rather than criticising Kilroy ( who isn't selling a product) why not just answer the points he raised? If your product is so good, give the details requested. You'll not sell much being unpleasant.

Send one to Michael Lavorgna too.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Not what we do here.

We look for Audiophile quality, which USB wasn't designed for (and neither our computers nor their motherboards, nor their power supplies).

If in doubt, re-read the URL and name of this forum.

Thanks for your opinion, which are as common as well, you know.

Guess I'm late to this party, so forgive my asking a silly question.

In looking at the photo of this product, I see an SMPS with a cable with USB B female and male plugs and they lift the pin-1 VBUS pin and inject their own power from the SMPS. How is this new? Both other companies and DIYers have been doing this for a LONG time. The site says "patent pending," but I am left scratching my head about that. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

--Alex C.

usb-disruptor-female-and-power-supply-abc.jpg