IGNORED

OS X El Capitan 10.11 Issues

Jud

This won't help much, but letting you know that the option does show for my Mac mini mid-2010.

It shows up on my 10.11 (final) partition on the mac mini I need this for, so I am happy, but am baffled why it is absent on my iMac and laptop (perhaps if you have it turned off when you update, it disappears).

It shows up on my 10.11 (final) partition on the mac mini I need this for, so I am happy, but am baffled why it is absent on my iMac and laptop (perhaps if you have it turned off when you update, it disappears).

If a machine has no IR receiver then I would expect the option to be absent in today's OS X. Do the iMac and laptop actually have a receiver?

Anyone managed to get the M2Tech driver going on El Capitan?

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the Yosemite driver and nope..

Judging by how long it took for M2Tech to sort out the driver for the previous OS, I'd say forget about upgrading to El Capitan if you have the original USB module installed in your DAC.

A separate thread should also probably be started for this one.

No luck here with a fresh install of El Cap and an original HiFace. The driver installs and the device is in the USB tree, but doesn't show in Audio MIDI Setup or in Sound Preferences.

This won't help much, but letting you know that the option does show for my Mac mini mid-2010.

I'm wondering if this is stemming from the USB issues elsewhere as the IR receiver hangs off of the USB bus. Can you go to "System Information" and see if you see the IR receiver in the USB bus? You should see it regardless of whether it is disabled or not unless this is a USB issue in which the USB host off of which the receiver (and bluetooth radio) hang is not present or

recognized.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

If a machine has no IR receiver then I would expect the option to be absent in today's OS X. Do the iMac and laptop actually have a receiver?

i don't know about the latest models, but the 13" non-Retina MBP, still sold by Apple, has an IR receiver. if what you say is true, the new OSX is making a feature of a still-current model non-functional.

I'm wondering if this is stemming from the USB issues elsewhere as the IR receiver hangs off of the USB bus. Can you go to "System Information" and see if you see the IR receiver in the USB bus? You should see it regardless of whether it is disabled or not unless this is a USB issue in which the USB host off of which the receiver (and bluetooth radio) hang is not present or

recognized.

I don't see it, but now I am beginning to doubt they have IR receivers.

i don't know about the latest models, but the 13" non-Retina MBP, still sold by Apple, has an IR receiver. if what you say is true, the new OSX is making a feature of a still-current model non-functional.

Are you saying that the currently sold 13" non-Retina MBP has an IR receiver and the option to disable IR receiver is absent in El Cap on that machine?

Are you saying that the currently sold 13" non-Retina MBP has an IR receiver and the option to disable IR receiver is absent in El Cap on that machine?

I own that MBP, and if I was foolish enough to install El Capitan on it, I could answer that question. I hated Yosemite, so I have no such intention. As you can see by my sig, I'm happily running Mavericks OSX 10.9.1 on it with the C.A.D. optimization scripts v.1.2.2.

I own that MBP, and if I was foolish enough to install El Capitan on it, I could answer that question.

In that case, you seem to have misunderstood my statement to Bill. I was saying that if the Mac has no IR receiver then I would expect to see no option for disabling the receiver. Since the 13" non-Retina MBP has a receiver, I would expect to see the option for disabling the receiver.

In that case, you seem to have misunderstood my statement to Bill. I was saying that if the Mac has no IR receiver then I would expect to see no option for disabling the receiver. Since the 13" non-Retina MBP has a receiver, I would expect to see the option for disabling the receiver.

That seems logical, and, one would hope, is the case.

wgscott's proposition in post #26 is either true, or, evidently, there is a bug in the OSX.

From what I read there has been major belt tightening in system processes and the like, which is making things run faster. However, I am having major issues with USB (I have a USB3 Fresco card on my mac pro that worked beautifully before EC). And my mouse is acting like Niki Minaj on coke.

Figured out my problem. My Mac Pro has a USB3 PCIe card inside that worked like a charm with Yosemite and previous OSXs. I get a kernel panic on Capitan. Removing it is making everything work, but I will have to find a workaround.

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

WTF is screen sharing?

Sick of dropouts using HQ Player.

Downloaded El Crapitan to my music Mini and when I use my MacBook Pro to control the Mini...in spite of clicking on allow Screen Sharing on El Crapitoned Mini...no option to screen share?

Anyone figure out how to screen share with the newest and best from the vampire squid of the tech world?

EDIT---Clicked screen sharing, did not stick. Had to re-hook up headless Mini with screen, mouse and keyboard...clicked box again and it stuck.

Thanks for asking baddog...CA Forum is a good place...

Tone with Soul

Screen sharing works the same way for me under El Captitan as it did under Yosemite.

This is from a Macbook Pro to Mac Mini both running the latest OS (see above).

Is your Macbook Pro not getting a connection to the Mac Mini at all?

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Found this thread too late. My bad. El Capitan is incompatible with USB DAC (MacBook Air can no longer 'see' Playback Designs MPD-3). Silencing my system is the last straw, and ends a 15-year love affair with Apple. :(

--

Wouldn't you really rather have a Lumin?

I am using a Chord Qute EX with a MBPR (late 2013). During install of El Capitan I got kernel panics. After disconnecting the DAC install went well. However, after installation of El Capitan and reconnecting the DAC El Capitan crashed again with kernel panics. Restoring Yosemite solved the problem. So no El Capitan for me!

With regards to the M2Tech driver for the HiFace etc., I spoke with Nicola Arrighi who is one of the programmers at M2Tech and he said that they are working towards a new driver release for EC.

Let's hope it available a lot sooner than the Yosemite one was.

iMac i5 w/ ROON > HP Stream w/ Fidelizer > Intona Industrial > Singxer F-1 DDC > ABBAS DAC3.1SE > Line Magnetic LM-518IA > Altec 604-8G in Custom 350L Cabinets + REL R-528

I am using a Chord Qute EX with a MBPR (late 2013). During install of El Capitan I got kernel panics. After disconnecting the DAC install went well. However, after installation of El Capitan and reconnecting the DAC El Capitan crashed again with kernel panics. Restoring Yosemite solved the problem. So no El Capitan for me!

I contacted Chord Electronics. They are working on a new driver but cannot promise to provide a new driver.

Found this thread too late. My bad. El Capitan is incompatible with USB DAC (MacBook Air can no longer 'see' Playback Designs MPD-3). Silencing my system is the last straw, and ends a 15-year love affair with Apple. :(

As far as I can tell, your DAC does not require a special driver on mac. I have an EmmLabs XDS1v2 and it does not require a driver and is working fine on El Capitan.

Your problem might be related to the USB ports themselves, there are a lot of posts regarding USB port issues. Have your tested that the USB ports behave properly? Like say with a thumb drive?

What's your computer hardware?

system pics

Anyone with DACs that require drivers should obviously not update to El Capitan (or any major OS release) before making sure there is a driver that works in that OS. Obviously this is even more true in Windows where just about any DAC requires a driver since Windows does not support USB Audio 2.0.

system pics

Have people tried to run optimization scripts after disabling SIP?

system pics