IGNORED

OS X El Capitan 10.11 Issues

Jud

Well here's hoping that the Inateck card works with my LaCie on USB 3. I was using FW800. It would mount but the folders would be empty. I think FL1100 cards should be sweet.

Well, it's the only card I know will work with USB3 in your mac pro...

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Well, it's the only card I know will work with USB3 in your mac pro...

Yup you could be right. I may have seen another but I forget now. I had my mind set on the Inateck anyway. Cheers for the info. I wasn't sure about the card before. Only started searching after the FW issue over the weekend.

Yup you could be right. I may have seen another but I forget now. I had my mind set on the Inateck anyway. Cheers for the info. I wasn't sure about the card before. Only started searching after the FW issue over the weekend.

The FL1100 (which is the chipset in the Inateck) is the chipset used in the trashcan-shaped mac pro (do not pour your coffee into the top opening!). So this chipset will be supported natively in mac os's.

Here are two posts on this card:

What is the state of USB 3.0 on Mac Pro? | MacRumors Forums

What is the state of USB 3.0 on Mac Pro? | Page 25 | MacRumors Forums

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

The FL1100 (which is the chipset in the Inateck) is the chipset used in the trashcan-shaped mac pro (do not pour your coffee into the top opening!). So this chipset will be supported natively in mac os's.

Here are two posts on this card:

What is the state of USB 3.0 on Mac Pro? | MacRumors Forums

What is the state of USB 3.0 on Mac Pro? | Page 25 | MacRumors Forums

Thanks a bunch for the info miguelito. I'll be purchasing either the Inateck or the Highpoint possibly. I want to go through that thread you posted.

I've got a 2009 MP that I upgraded to a 5.1 with 12 core 3.46 CPUs. Loving this machine.

Cheers!!

I have had a problem with cog since updating to El Capitan. Haven't tried xld yet, but it is an accuraterip program, so I wonder if there is an issue with this, too...

What is your issue exactly? I've used XLD on EC to transcode (DSD -> iTunes+) without issues but haven't ripped a CD yet.

system pics

Having problems with puddletag installed on mac OS X since updating to 10.11. Tagging seems to work OK including adding artwork, but the the auto-numbering and action pop-up windows won't close after use and if I minimize the main puddletag window, I can't re-open it. I'm getting these python related error messages:

puddletag Version: 1.0.5

Locale: en_US

2015-10-06 12:12:47.160 Python[9616:3310907] Metadata.framework [Error]: couldn't get the client port

2015-10-06 12:12:50.944 Python[9616:3307871] modalSession has been exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:

2015-10-06 12:12:50.945 Python[9616:3307871] -[NSApplication runModalSession:]: Use of freed session detected. Do not call runModalSession: after calling endModalSesion:.

2015-10-06 12:13:03.791 Python[9616:3307871] -[NSApplication runModalSession:]: Use of freed session detected. Do not call runModalSession: after calling endModalSesion:.

Fortunately the WineBottler version of MP3Tag is working fine on 10.11, but I do slightly prefer puddletag over MP3Tag so I'd like to get puddletag working smoothly again.

What is your issue exactly? I've used XLD on EC to transcode (DSD -> iTunes+) without issues but haven't ripped a CD yet.

With cog, the program will not play 2496 wav files and 1644 flac files (only ones I have happened to try). The same files played fine through vlc.

I brought up xld since I know it utilizes the accuraterip modes, and a previous post mentioned that using accuraterip through dbpoweramp was not working in El Capitan...

Got a chance to rip a cd or two via xld/el capitan today, and it worked fine, though the status window did black out at the beginning and the program took a little longer to start, the accuraterip process worked fine...

Fwiw, I use one of those Apple super drives with my MacBook Air...

Don't know if this helps you mwheelerk, but I figured I would update the thread...

Got a chance to rip a cd or two via xld/el capitan today, and it worked fine, though the status window did black out at the beginning and the program took a little longer to start, the accuraterip process worked fine...

Don't know if this helps you mwheelerk, but I figured I would update the thread...

If you were using XLD I had not had an issue with it. dbpoweramp for mac however had a broken link in El Capitan that didn't use Accuraterip. They had a fix posted today but there is still an issue with that now about being able to read the drive offset.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa

Ripped a CD yesterday with XLD using an external USB3 drive (mac pro, Inateck USB3 card, OWC LG Bluray USB3 burner). No problems at all.

system pics

If you were using XLD I had not had an issue with it. dbpoweramp for mac however had a broken link in El Capitan that didn't use Accuraterip. They had a fix posted today but there is still an issue with that now about being able to read the drive offset.

How do I know a drive offset is being read properly?

system pics

Ripped a CD yesterday with XLD using an external USB3 drive (mac pro, Inateck USB3 card, OWC LG Bluray USB3 burner). No problems at all.

Remember I am talking about an issue with dbpoweramp for Mac and not XLD.

Frank Zappa
Remember I am talking about an issue with dbpoweramp for Mac and not XLD.

Yes, understood. A question was asked on XLD.

system pics

Since upgrading to El Capitan integer mode no longer works in JR21 or Bitperfect 3 with my Meridian Explorer dac, it was fine previously with Yosemite.

MBP>Chevron Audio Sabre UV player/Dac/Meridian Explorer dac>Chevron Audio Paradox Pre>Leema Hydra 2>Leema Xavier speakers.

One word of caution: my USB drive (a backup) unmounts by itself at times now. However, it's doing this even on the mac native USB2 ports. This is what seems to be a widespread issue with USB on El Capitan. I don't think the USB3 card is to blame, but you never know...

I did a NVRAM reset as suggested elsewhere and this seems to have fixed the disk unmounting issue, or so it seems.

system pics

USB3 is working after NVRAM reset?

I have a 2010 Mac Pro. USB3 with an old FL1009 PCIe card worked like a champ through Yosemite.

USB3 stopped working with the FL1009-based card when I upgraded to El Capitan. I got a replacement card based on the FL1100 (which is the USB3 chipset in the latest Mac Pro). This works fine except some USB3 disks sporadically unmount and remount. This was quite reproducible as I have a backup routine and it happened every single time.

I read about it and someone suggested resetting the NVRAM (don't they always?). Anyway, after doing this the disks are not unmounting anymore.

system pics

I have mac mini late 2012. After upgrading to El Capitan there is no USB 3 in system report. And, Western Digital USB3 external HD drive is not visible any more. Corning USB optical doesn't work too. Returned back to Yosemite, everything work. Should we wait for Jobs second coming or they at Apple will work it out independently?

I have mac mini late 2012. After upgrading to El Capitan there is no USB 3 in system report. And, Western Digital USB3 external HD drive is not visible any more. Corning USB optical doesn't work too. Returned back to Yosemite, everything work. Should we wait for Jobs second coming or they at Apple will work it out independently?

I have an i7 2012 mini as well - dedicated to music - and I have had no such issues I'm afraid. Try resetting the NVRAM I guess. There are many reports of USB issues with El Capitan, Apple has rewritten the USB implementation, or so it seems. I would expect many of these issues to be addressed in an update.

system pics

I have an i7 2012 mini as well - dedicated to music - and I have had no such issues I'm afraid. Try resetting the NVRAM I guess. There are many reports of USB issues with El Capitan, Apple has rewritten the USB implementation, or so it seems. I would expect many of these issues to be addressed in an update.

Now I need to decide, will I wait for system update or go through clean installation process again and taking chance with NVRAM reset. Not sure there is any sound quality change from Yosemite to El Capitan, so waiting for an update seem to be a preferable option.

I don't know if this is El Capitan or iOS 9 at issue. I use Notes to keep a list of music I'm looking for. Previously if I made a change on my iPhone or iPad it would update that note on my MacBook and vice versa. Now it seems they have a mind of there own. I've looked at settings for Notes on all devices and simply don't know what might be the issue.

Frank Zappa