IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my end so no clue what to do.

-Tim

I'm afraid that you have already reproduced the issue.

Although Japanese characters are corrupted, sort order in the screenshot you attached before is broken like "うu えe あa おo いi" (correct order: "あa いi うu えe おo").

Moode might have a bug in handling multi-byte characters.

Thank you.

Hi,

I found that removeArticles() function in /var/www/js/playerlib.js was the cause.

If a album or artist name starts with Japanese character, it is removed due to "replace(/^[^a-z0-9]*/gi, '')" method.

I don't know why this method is used, but could you replace the method to another?

Hi,

I found that removeArticles() function in /var/www/js/playerlib.js was the cause.

If a album or artist name starts with Japanese character, it is removed due to "replace(/^[^a-z0-9]*/gi, '')" method.

I don't know why this method is used, but could you replace the method to another?

Hi,

That regex removes all non-alphabetic chars in the string to prep it for removing the articles (a, an, the) from the beginning of the string.

This is so album names like "The Slip" sort into the P's instead of the T's. Same for artist names.

-Tim

Hi,

That regex removes all non-alphabetic chars in the string to prep it for removing the articles (a, an, the) from the beginning of the string.

This is so album names like "The Slip" sort into the P's instead of the T's. Same for artist names.

-Tim

Hi,

I understand the role of the regex.

But it do collapse album/artist order when an initial character is Japanese.

So, my question is that are you planning to revise the regex to sort correctly even when Japanese characters are included?

I am using the steel case with my Pi and Dac + pro. I am only connect via AP mode or Ethernet. When you can expect version 3.0 to be released?

Powerbook G4 15 inch Aluminum, \"Fidela,\" M2tech EVO (BNC)with RF attenuator,dedicated PSU, Stereovox XV Ultra (BNC) Audio Note Dac Kit 2.1 Level B Signature Upgraded to 12AU7 tubes, ARC SP-16L Tube preamp , VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp), Vintage Tubes, Furutech ETP-80, (Alon 2 Mk2, (upgraded tweeters, Usher Woofers), Pangea Power cords, Omega Micro Active Planar PC. Signal Cable Silver Resolution ICs.

I am using the steel case with my Pi and Dac + pro. I am only connect via AP mode or Ethernet. When you can expect version 3.0 to be released?

I'd highly doubt there is any public release date scheduled for 3.0 when the current release is still 2.7, you are way ahead of yourself on that.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

I'd highly doubt there is any public release date scheduled for 3.0 when the current release is still 2.7, you are way ahead of yourself on that.

Hi,

Actually, due to the significance of the new feature set, particularly the Advanced Audio Kernel, Squeezelite renderer and FIFO scheduler for MPD, I've decided to bump the version to 3.0 and currently am ahead of schedule for release :-)

-Tim

moode audio player logo 3.png

Hi,

Actually, due to the significance of the new feature set, particularly the Advanced Audio Kernel, Squeezelite renderer and FIFO scheduler for MPD, I've decided to bump the version to 3.0 and currently am ahead of schedule for release :-)

-Tim

So there won't be a any 2.8 nor 2.9?

Wow, awesome continued development of this already great application.

I'm also excited for the Moode Case!

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Didn't wrote for long time on this thread but I'm reading every post.

When we can expect moOde 3.0?

In the mean time I updated from 2.6 to 2.7. Where can I find update button? I would like to try advanced kernel discussed on previous page.

Good work Tim!

sorry for being lazy (i.e. apologies if one of the loads of pages in the forum has answered this before), but is their a 'tweak' for volume control I'm missing in the configure/customise? Setup is pretty simple - pi zero, pimorini phat-dac, a cheap wifi dongle (so accessing Moode in AP mode from phone). It all works great, but I need to have volume control at 100 to here it 'enough', but would like to have it louder, ergo the question:- is their a tweak...

also, is it a problem that it says "hardware volume controller is not detected"

in response to myself above, looks like I fell into the trap of not the reading the small print (or just no ding enough research!!) Seeks the Pimoroni Phat-DAC has no hardware volume control so my set-up is in trouble right from the off. (so ordered an in-line voulume control from Amazon now ...kenable 3.5mm Headphone Volume Control for Audio Connections.... Eventually, I'll stick it into my car AUX and listen to stuff in the car....

Sorry, back again. Looks like I have some sort of permissions issue or something with local storage. I mounted a nas drive so I could copy files to the SDCARD directory.( ultimate aim is offline listening in car). This went OK and I can browse to the local files and get them to start playing from a browser. BUT, my MPD client (BubbleUPNP), cannot find them (have Moode UPNP set up as a renderer and connecting to Moode DNLA over AP). What do I need to do to make the new files visible in Moode DNLA on the MPD client? (did a library update but made no difference)

in response to myself above, looks like I fell into the trap of not the reading the small print (or just no ding enough research!!) Seeks the Pimoroni Phat-DAC has no hardware volume control so my set-up is in trouble right from the off. (so ordered an in-line voulume control from Amazon now ...kenable 3.5mm Headphone Volume Control for Audio Connections.... Eventually, I'll stick it into my car AUX and listen to stuff in the car....

Hi,

Configure MPD to use Software volume control. No need for an external volume controller.

-Tim

Thanks Tim, I do indeed use software volume control - no choice really - but even at 100, its only 'just' loud enough. (thru simple earphones)

Are you plugging your headphones directly into the DAC? If so, there is your problem, as that DAC does not have a headphone amp. Your DAC only supplies line level output, which needs to be amplified...

Are you plugging your headphones directly into the DAC? If so, there is your problem, as that DAC does not have a headphone amp. Your DAC only supplies line level output, which needs to be amplified...

Yeah, the Pimoroni Phat-DAC only has a 3.5mm line out and no amp. I could see how this would be confused with a headphone out.