IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Hi,Moode 3.1 is available for download at moodeaudio.org. This is primarily a bugfix release but it does contain a nice enhancement to the Browse panel that provides auto-scroll to the selected folder when the back button is pressed.

It also includes the 4.4.24-sc1 advanced kernel. It was necessary to switch to this kernel due to source-tree issues with 4.4.30-sc1. The same advanced audio capabilities and performance tunings are provided in 4.4.24-sc1.

If you are currently using Moode 3.0 you can upgrade to Moode 3.1 via in-place software update. To get the update, open the System configuration page and click "CHECK for software update" then click VIEW then INSTALL. Reboot after the completion message appears and BE SURE to follow the post-reboot instructions. I've reprinted them below.

- Open Customize and toggle the Theme color to reset it

- Open System config and toggle the MPD scheduler policy to reset it

- If running Advanced kernel press INSTALL to update it then REBOOT

Regards,Tim

======================

3.1 Release 2016-12-05

======================

Updates

- UPD: Add real-time RR to MPD scheduler policy dropdown

- UPD: Bump squeezelite to version 1.8.5-823

- UPD: Reduce squeezelite DSP buffer setting for armv6l

- UPD: Minor cleanup for rotary encoder driver

- UPD: Switch to 4.4.24 advanced kernel

- UPD: Add moodeaudio.org and twitter links to About

Bug fixes

- FIX: Logic in Squeezelite restart job in Worker

- FIX: Pegged CPU due to FIFO schedule pol in squeezelite svc

- FIX: MPD/Squeezelite fail on 1-core armv7l due to CPUAffinity

- FIX: Squeezelite compatibility with armv6l platform (Pi-1B/B+)

- FIX: PCM5121 chip options grayed out on Customize screen

- FIX: Incorrect coding for Audiophonics PCM5122 in audiodev tbl

- FIX: Browse not scrolling to selected item after back btn

- FIX: DLNA server status page not found

moode audio player logo 3.png

Eagerly waiting for the Album Artist and Composer to the Library panel. This would be my most awaited feature in Moode Audio.

I am new to Moode Audio (and to Raspberry Pi world!!)....I am using Moode Audio for the past couple of weeks and loving every bit of it!! Thanks for making such an excellent player.

I have searched your forums but could not find any details about streaming to a bluetooth speakers? I have a pair of bluetooth speakers lying around and it would be great if Moode Audio can stream to it. Is this feature already available in Moode Audio or with some tweaking?? If it is not available, can you take this in to your TODO list??! With RP3 Model B (which I own) already sport a bluetooth, would this be an excellent feature?

Thanks again

I take the occasion of this mention of the "library" tab to add my 0.02.

I know and I really do appreciate that the majority of Moode dev effort are concentrated on all improvements related to sound quality, which is what really counts at the end of the day.

However, I believe that some revamp to the "visual aspect" of the library tab would be very welcome and could also be beneficial in attracting new users to Moode.

Just to make an example, even if I switched to Moode from Rune long time ago, I was recently tempted to install Volumio 2.x after I saw a picture of a "sexy" album view with album covers.... I did install it, then again I reverted back to Moode quickly for a number of other reasons.... but I hope you got the idea!

Thanks for the attention.

Franz

Eagerly waiting for the Album Artist and Composer to the Library panel. This would be my most awaited feature in Moode Audio.

I am new to Moode Audio (and to Raspberry Pi world!!)....I am using Moode Audio for the past couple of weeks and loving every bit of it!! Thanks for making such an excellent player.

I have searched your forums but could not find any details about streaming to a bluetooth speakers? I have a pair of bluetooth speakers lying around and it would be great if Moode Audio can stream to it. Is this feature already available in Moode Audio or with some tweaking?? If it is not available, can you take this in to your TODO list??! With RP3 Model B (which I own) already sport a bluetooth, would this be an excellent feature?

Thanks again

Hi,

Bluetooth is on TODO list so eventually it will appear (no timeframe).

-Tim

Hello,

I am trying Moode as a Logitech LMS renderer on a Pi 2

I activated the squeezelite renderer and it appeared briefly as a client on the player list displayed by server properties

But it never appeared in the list of renderers from any interface (web interface of the server or mobile app)

now it doesn't even appear in the player list of the server propoerties anymore

Is there something specific to do to enable it properly? Do the default settings need to be changed?

thanks in advance for the help!

regards,

Charles

Hi Charles,

Which version of Moode?

-Tim

I take the occasion of this mention of the "library" tab to add my 0.02.

I know and I really do appreciate that the majority of Moode dev effort are concentrated on all improvements related to sound quality, which is what really counts at the end of the day.

However, I believe that some revamp to the "visual aspect" of the library tab would be very welcome and could also be beneficial in attracting new users to Moode.

Just to make an example, even if I switched to Moode from Rune long time ago, I was recently tempted to install Volumio 2.x after I saw a picture of a "sexy" album view with album covers.... I did install it, then again I reverted back to Moode quickly for a number of other reasons.... but I hope you got the idea!

Thanks for the attention.

Franz

Hi Franz,

Including cover art in lists could be nice as long as UI performance doesn't suffer.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Please consider adding to your TO DO list a feature that allows easy finding of new/recently added music. It could be some sort of playlist with the new music added, for example, "in the past 30, 60, etc, days" or " last 10, 20, 30, etc, albums added".

TIA,

JoseL

Guys can you please suggest some Android client apps for Moode?

Tim are there any plans of a Moode Android app?

Thanks

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Hello,

Playing DSD on raspberry pi 2 with MoOde 3.1 and LMS server (through squeezelite renderer), through I2S output into a PS Audio Directstream dac.

I can hear background noise, in DSD64 and DSD128

with default buffers there was a bit of stuttering with DSD128, I doubled the values and the stutterring went away.

This background noise is not on the tracks themselves that I am used to listening to through USB output.

I can hear very faint background noise with PCM 16/44, so faint it might belong to the record itself.

Just reporting.

Hello,

Playing DSD on raspberry pi 2 with MoOde 3.1 and LMS server (through squeezelite renderer), through I2S output into a PS Audio Directstream dac.

I can hear background noise, in DSD64 and DSD128

with default buffers there was a bit of stuttering with DSD128, I doubled the values and the stutterring went away.

This background noise is not on the tracks themselves that I am used to listening to through USB output.

I can hear very faint background noise with PCM 16/44, so faint it might belong to the record itself.

Just reporting.

How are u connecting via I2S to the DAC?

MPD software volume control appears to have bug in its dithering algorithm that can produce very faint background noise on 16 bit samples. If you resample using 24 bit / * (wildcard rate) the noise should disappear.

-Tim

I am connecting through a hdmi I2S output module from audio-gd, soldered with a very short connector to the GPIO ports of the Pi

the hdmi cable I use from that output module to the dac is 50cm long

I used the same setup with picoreplayer and didn't hear that background noise on DSD64 (but DSD128 is not enabled on that release)

I'll try re-sampling, would the resampling affect DOP? I use fix volume at 100% could the volume control still affect the unit?

Regards,

Charles

How are u connecting via I2S to the DAC?

MPD software volume control appears to have bug in its dithering algorithm that can produce very faint background noise on 16 bit samples. If you resample using 24 bit / * (wildcard rate) the noise should disappear.

-Tim

thx, tim :) reply about airplay's 32bit-DAC problem.

As a solution, i did install "sox", and rewrited "/var/www/inc/playerlib.php".

rewrited line::

$cmd = '/usr/local/bin/shairport-sync -o stdout -a "' . $_SESSION['airplayname'] . '" -w -B /var/www/command/spspre.sh -E /var/www/command/spspost.sh ' . $metadata . '-- -c "' . $mixername . '" 2>/tmp/shair-err | /usr/bin/sox - -b 32 -t wav - | /usr/bin/aplay >/tmp/shair2-err 2>&1 &';

but,,,,,,,,,

occured "aplay: playback:2715: read error" at /tmp/shair2-err

><

i think that, if output of shairport-sync is always at 32bit, this solved..

mistake.. sox option.

correnctly::

$cmd = '/usr/local/bin/shairport-sync -o stdout -a "' . $_SESSION['airplayname'] . '" -w -B /var/www/command/spspre.sh -E /var/www/command/spspost.sh ' . $metadata . '-- -c "' . $mixername . '" 2>/tmp/shair-err | /usr/bin/sox -t cdda - -b 32 -t wav - | /usr/bin/aplay >/tmp/shair2-err 2>&1 &';

thx, tim :) reply about airplay's 32bit-DAC problem.

As a solution, i did install "sox", and rewrited "/var/www/inc/playerlib.php".

rewrited line::

$cmd = '/usr/local/bin/shairport-sync -o stdout -a "' . $_SESSION['airplayname'] . '" -w -B /var/www/command/spspre.sh -E /var/www/command/spspost.sh ' . $metadata . '-- -c "' . $mixername . '" 2>/tmp/shair-err | /usr/bin/sox - -b 32 -t wav - | /usr/bin/aplay >/tmp/shair2-err 2>&1 &';

but,,,,,,,,,

occured "aplay: playback:2715: read error" at /tmp/shair2-err

><

i think that, if output of shairport-sync is always at 32bit, this solved..

Hi Tim,

I'm a runeaudio user and I just discovered Moode 3.1: It seems to be a very good RPI audio player solution. I like your Wifi acess point function (not present in Runeaudio 0.3) !

Have you any project to include a Spotify renderer (as Runeaudio)?

I know it's possible to use Airplay or UPNP from a tablet but :

- Spotify player does n't have native airplay or UPNP fonctions (just bluetooth or Spotify connect!)

- I need to root an android tablet to use streaming software with Spotify (Airaudio, BubbleUPNP ..): it 's not very easy and not very secure.

Have you any project to include a Bluetooth receiver function (with APTX codec for a better Bluetooth sound ...):it's an other way to send music from a tablet to RPI.

Best Regards,

Fabrice

sorry.. latest code mistake, too..

written my sample code.

$cmd = '/usr/local/bin/shairport-sync -a "' . $_SESSION['airplayname'] . '" -o stdout -w -B /var/www/command/spspre.sh -E /var/www/command/spspost.sh ' . $metadata . '-- -c "' . $mixername . '" 2>/dev/null | /usr/bin/play -t s2 -c 2 -r 44.1k - -r 192k -b 24 >/dev/null 2>&1 &';

mistake.. sox option.

correnctly::

$cmd = '/usr/local/bin/shairport-sync -o stdout -a "' . $_SESSION['airplayname'] . '" -w -B /var/www/command/spspre.sh -E /var/www/command/spspost.sh ' . $metadata . '-- -c "' . $mixername . '" 2>/tmp/shair-err | /usr/bin/sox -t cdda - -b 32 -t wav - | /usr/bin/aplay >/tmp/shair2-err 2>&1 &';

After all, the two processes conflicted (mpd and play) ,therefore returned to the original.Again, the best solution is to selectively choose the output bit rate of shairport-sync. :(

Hi,

You might want to post question on shairport-sync Github regarding the possibility of adding a bit depth option.

https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync/issues

-Tim

First off...great frekin job! I don't if it is in my head, but there is a warmth to this new version. I did notice that the audio level dropped from the last version. I always leave my amp at a static level, yet with the new Moode I am using a volume level around 10 higher to get the same volume.

Anyhow....I plan to order the case you know have. Just what I was looking for.

First off...great frekin job! I don't if it is in my head, but there is a warmth to this new version. I did notice that the audio level dropped from the last version. I always leave my amp at a static level, yet with the new Moode I am using a volume level around 10 higher to get the same volume.

Anyhow....I plan to order the case you know have. Just what I was looking for.

Hi,

What DAC are u using?

The diff in output level may be due to settings for example if DAC has hardware volume controller and MPD volume control set to "Hardware" then remember to set Logarithmic curve to "Yes" on Customize screen.

-Tim

Do you have plans to offer support for the Chord Mojo under "Custimization Settings" > "Device"?

Hi,

The device section of Customize screen does not perform any configuration, it serves only to display DAC specs on the Audio Info screen. I2S DAC's have their entry in this section automatically populated. USB DAC's have to be entered manually.

Do you already have Chord Mojo working with Moode?

If so I can add it to my TODO list.

-Tim

Does anyone have a recommendation for an MPD web player to access moOde from outside of my network? I'm looking to setup moOde in my office with Denon Heos speakers, but would also like to be able to stream music home. Is this possible, or should I use something like Mopidy for that use case?