IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Sure, Tim (from Jukebox Radio's Listen page):

http://209.126.66.166:10999/flac.ogg.m3u'>http://209.126.66.166:10999/flac.ogg.m3u

Hi,

Thanks. Bolded URL should be direct stream link.

-Tim

pi@moode:~ $ wget http://209.126.66.166:10999/flac.ogg.m3u'>http://209.126.66.166:10999/flac.ogg.m3u

--2016-08-16 19:59:04-- http://209.126.66.166:10999/flac.ogg.m3u'>http://209.126.66.166:10999/flac.ogg.m3u

Connecting to 209.126.66.166:10999... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: unspecified [audio/x-mpegurl]

Saving to: ‘flac.ogg.m3u’

flac.ogg.m3u [ <=> ] 38 --.-KB/s in 0s

2016-08-16 19:59:04 (1.49 MB/s) - ‘flac.ogg.m3u’ saved [38]

pi@moode:~ $ cat flac.ogg.m3u

http://209.126.66.166:10999/flac.ogg

Tim,

Here's a thread that just started here.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f13-music-downloads-and-streaming/favorite-radio-station-url-29529/

Some likely additions to Moode? I also noticed that Radio Paradise now has a 320k AAC stream. Is this what you have hooked in presently?

thanks,

Skip

Hi Skip,

Yes its the 320K RP stream. I have a number of radio station updates queued up for Moode 2.7 some are listed below :-)

Audiophile Baroque http://8.38.78.173:8272

Audiophile Classical http://8.38.78.173:8274

Audiophile Jazz http://8.38.78.173:8276

Audiophile Lounge http://8.38.78.173:8278

Audiophile Rock http://8.38.78.173:8280

Regards,

Tim

Hi friends,

I recently installed Moode on my pi. I could able to hear radio stations fine and my Moode (Pi) able to detect SD card, but it is not detecting my thumb drive or hard drive.. why Moode player is not detecting?

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Srikar

Hi Srikar,

What file system format is being used on the drives?

Post output from cmds below after plugging in one of the drives.

1) lsusb

2) ls /media

3) ./mlog.sh

-Tim

Hi Srikar,

What file system format is being used on the drives?

Post output from cmds below after plugging in one of the drives.

1) lsusb

2) ls /media

3) ./mlog.sh

-Tim

Thanks Tim, I could able access my drives. I clicked on update MDP after which I could see them.

-Srikar

Hi,

How to add/see the folders or the directory of my music files in moode?

These folders are available in my laptop and some are available in internal diskdrive of my media player. Both these files I could able to see in my laptop as network drives. The options I could see in moode are SD, USB, NAS.

Regards

Srikar

Hi Tim,

Just installed MoOde Player on my Pi 3 which is running Runeaudio before. I have problem mounting the NAS, neither CIFS or NFS works. I am using the same setting, same set of equipment for MoOde Player and Runeaudio, Runeaudio is able to mount the NAS, while MoOde can't. I have even re-installed the s/w on the SD card, and start from scratch again, still not working for me.

I am running the r2.6, I can play a radio station, so looks like it is working.

Retrying with upper case share name mount error(6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

What other information you would like to get so that you can help me to fix this problem. Thanks.

Hi Tim,

Just installed MoOde Player on my Pi 3 which is running Runeaudio before. I have problem mounting the NAS, neither CIFS or NFS works. I am using the same setting, same set of equipment for MoOde Player and Runeaudio, Runeaudio is able to mount the NAS, while MoOde can't. I have even re-installed the s/w on the SD card, and start from scratch again, still not working for me.

Retrying with upper case share name mount error(6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

What other information you would like to get so that you can help me to fix this problem. Thanks.

Looks like I have made a simple mistake :-(

Instead of putting a '\' in front of the folder name on the NAS, there should be no '\', eg Public\Music

Now it is updating ...

I've moved to Moode 2.6 having used Volumio 1.55 for the last 18 months or so. I thought Volumio was great but Moode is in a different league. I have an original RPi model B and two model As with 2 x HiFiberry DACs and 1 x HiFiBerry Amp.

Moode has many additional and useful features. But the thing that has impressed me most is its sheer stability. When viewing a boot of Volumio on screen there would be error messages and strange glitches appearing. None of this with Moode which boots very cleanly and in something like half the time of Volumio.

Delighted as I am with Moode I do, of course, have a personal wish list:

- Start up sound - this is not critical as the boot up is so fast, but it's always nice to hear a sound and know it's all up and running

- Option to remove Genre from Library - these are seldom used (by me anyway) and stop the Library interface from being usable on an iPhone. Would be great if the entire left hand column had the option to be replaced by Artist.

- Store radio stations on a NAS - would prevent having to copy new stations to all three of my devices

- Cover art is randomly failing to show - maybe it's the way I have added the art in iTunes, but I can't work out the pattern if that's the case

- Unresponsive volume control - I use the hardware volume control on the HiFiBerry Amp and this worked smoothly from the Volumio interface. For some reason it is way less smooth with Moode.

But these items would be the icing on the cake from my perspective. Moode is the best and I'm delighted with it.

Paul

Hi Tim,

Hi,

1) post a screen shot of NAS config screen

2) manually connect to the share from Mac, PC or Linux and post the connect string

3) for SMB/CIFS does the share require a userid and password?

4) for NFS the NAS usually has to have the no_root_squash flag set for the export. On Synology NAS devices the setting "All users map to admin" squash option for share NFS permissions has worked.

Note that on NAS config screen, the entries in Remote directory, Userid and Password fields are case sensitive.

-Tim

I've moved to Moode 2.6 having used Volumio 1.55 for the last 18 months or so. I thought Volumio was great but Moode is in a different league. I have an original RPi model B and two model As with 2 x HiFiberry DACs and 1 x HiFiBerry Amp.

Moode has many additional and useful features. But the thing that has impressed me most is its sheer stability. When viewing a boot of Volumio on screen there would be error messages and strange glitches appearing. None of this with Moode which boots very cleanly and in something like half the time of Volumio.

Delighted as I am with Moode I do, of course, have a personal wish list:

- Start up sound - this is not critical as the boot up is so fast, but it's always nice to hear a sound and know it's all up and running

- Option to remove Genre from Library - these are seldom used (by me anyway) and stop the Library interface from being usable on an iPhone. Would be great if the entire left hand column had the option to be replaced by Artist.

- Store radio stations on a NAS - would prevent having to copy new stations to all three of my devices

- Cover art is randomly failing to show - maybe it's the way I have added the art in iTunes, but I can't work out the pattern if that's the case

- Unresponsive volume control - I use the hardware volume control on the HiFiBerry Amp and this worked smoothly from the Volumio interface. For some reason it is way less smooth with Moode.

But these items would be the icing on the cake from my perspective. Moode is the best and I'm delighted with it.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the nice compliment! Much appreciated :-)

1) Start up sound - this is not critical as the boot up is so fast, but it's always nice to hear a sound and know it's all up and running

Nice idea, I'll add to the TODO list.

2) Option to remove Genre from Library - these are seldom used (by me anyway) and stop the Library interface from being usable on an iPhone. Would be great if the entire left hand column had the option to be replaced by Artist.

Currently the left hand column on smartphone (iPhone) is Albums. If this column were Artists what would appear in right hand column when specific artist selected? All tracks by the artist or all Albums?

3) Store radio stations on a NAS - would prevent having to copy new stations to all three of my devices

It could be a challenge to automate, particularly to undo it and return to locally stored radio stations. Manually, u would move the local folder /var/lib/mpd/music/RADIO and its contents to NAS, share it as for example RADIO, mount it to /mnt/RADIO and then symlink it as below. I haven't tested but it should work.

sudo ln -s /mnt/RADIO /var/lib/mpd/music/RADIO

4) Cover art is randomly failing to show - maybe it's the way I have added the art in

iTunes, but I can't work out the pattern if that's the case

Either each song file has to have embedded cover art or there needs to be a cover art image file in the folder that contains the song file.

5) Unresponsive volume control - I use the hardware volume control on the HiFiBerry Amp and this worked smoothly from the Volumio interface. For some reason it is way less smooth with Moode.

What happens when you adjust volume using Alsamixer?

Regards,

Tim

Many thanks for such a quick reply, Tim. I've put further comments in line with yours.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the nice compliment! Much appreciated :-)

1) Start up sound - this is not critical as the boot up is so fast, but it's always nice to hear a sound and know it's all up and running

Nice idea, I'll add to the TODO list.

Brilliant. But please don't do anything that risks the stability. I can live with things as they are for sure.

2) Option to remove Genre from Library - these are seldom used (by me anyway) and stop the Library interface from being usable on an iPhone. Would be great if the entire left hand column had the option to be replaced by Artist.

Currently the left hand column on smartphone (iPhone) is Albums. If this column were Artists what would appear in right hand column when specific artist selected? All tracks by the artist or all Albums?

I wouldn't change the iPhone portrait screen, it works fine as it is. I'm talking about the iPhone landscape screen. Here Genres shares the left hand column with Artists but pretty much takes all the space making Artists tricky to select. My thought is that removing Genres from this landscape layout would give easily usable Artists - Albums - Tracks on the same iPhone screen. Would be perfect.

3) Store radio stations on a NAS - would prevent having to copy new stations to all three of my devices

It could be a challenge to automate, particularly to undo it and return to locally stored radio stations. Manually, u would move the local folder /var/lib/mpd/music/RADIO and its contents to NAS, share it as for example RADIO, mount it to /mnt/RADIO and then symlink it as below. I haven't tested but it should work.

sudo ln -s /mnt/RADIO /var/lib/mpd/music/RADIO

This sounds great but I'd need a bit more help in order to actually implement it. Do I put the 'sudo ln' line in fstab? With Volumio I achieved the desired outcome by inserting the following line in fstab:

//192.168.1.254/usb5/radio /var/lib/mpd/music/WEBRADIO cifs username=***,password=***,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0

where usb5/radio was a folder on a USB stick in the back of my BT HomeHub 5 router and /var/lib/mpd/music/WEBRADIO the expected location of radio stations in the Volumio instance. I've tried this pointing to /var/lib/mpd/music/WEBRADIO in Moode but it doesn't work.

4) Cover art is randomly failing to show - maybe it's the way I have added the art in

iTunes, but I can't work out the pattern if that's the case

Either each song file has to have embedded cover art or there needs to be a cover art image file in the folder that contains the song file.

5) Unresponsive volume control - I use the hardware volume control on the HiFiBerry Amp and this worked smoothly from the Volumio interface. For some reason it is way less smooth with Moode.

What happens when you adjust volume using Alsamixer?

Not sure if this means changing the Audio Output Volume control from hardware to software? If so, I did that and it makes no difference. But listen, don't worry about this one it's really not important. It's fine with the PC controls but just strangely slow on the iPhone.

Regards,

Tim

Hi,

Anyone using the MoOdeAudio as an Airplay receiver? I have enabled the AirPlay Receiver, but both my iPhone & iPad are unable to see it. I am using the latest version of MoOdeaudio.

Thanks,

I am a new Moode user (by the way great work Tim!) and just tried today to play Tidal from my iPhone via Moode with Airplay. It worked just fine. I guess you already enabled it in Settings/System ...

Hi there,

Having the issue as Lonely_Fool. Airplay is on but it won't show up on my iOS devices. I can adjust setting on the configure screen so networkconnection is fine. Any ideas?

Hi,

Anyone using the MoOdeAudio as an Airplay receiver? I have enabled the AirPlay Receiver, but both my iPhone & iPad are unable to see it. I am using the latest version of MoOdeaudio.

Thanks,

Hello Tim

First of all many thanks for the hard work of making Moode Player. Excellent work.

I installed Moode on my RP3 yesterday and followed the setup guide.

im able to play radio and HD files stored to the usb drive connected to the rp3.

however, I'm unable to connect to my NAS (probably due to the user id and Pwd to access the NAS. Any way to help me pass that step and enjoy files on my NAS.

airpay is working fine ..but is there any way to stop/ disconnect active AirPlay sequence other Than to reboot the RP3?

thx

Hello Tim

First of all many thanks for the hard work of making Moode Player. Excellent work.

I installed Moode on my RP3 yesterday and followed the setup guide.

im able to play radio and HD files stored to the usb drive connected to the rp3.

however, I'm unable to connect to my NAS (probably due to the user id and Pwd to access the NAS. Any way to help me pass that step and enjoy files on my NAS.

airpay is working fine ..but is there any way to stop/ disconnect active AirPlay sequence other Than to reboot the RP3?

thx

Hi,

Simply stop playback on the Airplay sending app (iTunes, etc), or turn Airplay off in System config on Moode.

Post a screen shot of NAS config screen.

-Tim