IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

20160905 164834 engine-sps: Fget waiting for pipe data...

20160905 164835 engine-sps: Volume=(-20.62,-48.28,-103.00,0.00)

20160905 164835 engine-sps: Imageurl=(images/default-cover.jpg)

20160905 164835 engine-sps: Imagelen=(0)

20160905 164835 engine-sps: Imagetype=(png)

20160905 164835 engine-sps: Imagetype_raw=()

20160905 164835 engine-sps: Album=(Sweets (Remastered))

20160905 164835 engine-sps: Artist=(Harry Edison & Buck Clayton)

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the infos.

I got le volume change logs:

20160906 232523 engine-sps: Volume=(-13.50,-26.27,-103.00,0.00)
20160906 232523 engine-mpd: Idle timeout event=(changed: mixer)
20160906 232523 engine-mpd: Generating enhanced metadata
20160906 232523 engine-mpd: Metadata returned to client
20160906 232523 engine-mpd: Connect
20160906 232523 engine-mpd: Session loaded
20160906 232523 engine-mpd: Idle

But when I change volume from the app (Tidal) the sound is muted. I have to go back to the web interface to touch to volume to un-mute? I tried the apple Music app -> same?

This is when I use volume hardware.

With volume control set to 'disabled' in MPD, I have no issue.

Too much volume control is the pb.

Gregory.

First things first : Moodeaudio is a great piece of software. Congratulations Tim for the effort put into the development ! Stability is second to none and we use it everyday as our radio player without virtually any problem so far.

Today, I updated one of the house's players to the latest version and there's one thing that seems to have changed : I cannot connect to my Wifi network because the moodeaudio interface wants me to input an SSID that's at least 3 characters long. The thing is that our Wifi SSID is 2 characters long... /-:

Is there any workaround for this somewhat simple but very annoying problem ?

First things first : Moodeaudio is a great piece of software. Congratulations Tim for the effort put into the development ! Stability is second to none and we use it everyday as our radio player without virtually any problem so far.

Today, I updated one of the house's players to the latest version and there's one thing that seems to have changed : I cannot connect to my Wifi network because the moodeaudio interface wants me to input an SSID that's at least 3 characters long. The thing is that our Wifi SSID is 2 characters long... /-:

Is there any workaround for this somewhat simple but very annoying problem ?

Hi,

In file /var/www/templates/net-config.html find the line of code below

<input class="input-large" pattern="{3,32}" type="text" id="wlan0ssid" name="wlan0ssid" value="$_wlan0ssid">

then change 3 to 2 in pattern="{3,32}"

save the file and u should be all set. I'll make the change for first Moode 2.7 update.

-Tim

Thank you for such a quick answer !

And keep up with the good work. Excellent piece of software Tim !

Hi,

In file /var/www/templates/net-config.html find the line of code below

<input class="input-large" pattern="{3,32}" type="text" id="wlan0ssid" name="wlan0ssid" value="$_wlan0ssid">

then change 3 to 2 in pattern="{3,32}"

save the file and u should be all set. I'll make the change for first Moode 2.7 update.

-Tim

I'm afraid the quick-fix doesn't work... The web interface keeps saying "Please match the requested format" when clicking Apply after entering the SSID/password.

Hi,

Just delete pattern={2,32} from the SSID line and also pattern=(8,63} from the Password line.

Then Configure, Network to load fresh copy of page.

-Tim

I just upgraded to 2.7 on my Pi2.

One issue I ran into is when I went to the next song the Main Display was still listing old song/album cover. A refresh/closing out of the browser going back in didn't help. Is this a common thing? Is the only resolution a reboot?

I just upgraded to 2.7 on my Pi2.

One issue I ran into is when I went to the next song the Main Display was still listing old song/album cover. A refresh/closing out of the browser going back in didn't help. Is this a common thing? Is the only resolution a reboot?

Hi,

Try clearing Browser cache and history.

-Tim

Hi, I've only just discovered Moode Audio Player and am currently testing it on a Raspberry Pi 3 but am having an issue.

Firstly, let me just outline the setup. I have an existing Raspberry Pi (v1) music player running Volumio and setup to be purely a DLNA renderer controlled by jRiver Media Center as outlined in this post on the jRiver forum:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,97222.0.html

So I now want to build a second one and this time using a Pi version 3 and as before I am looking at all the available software (Volumio, Rune Audio, Moode etc).

The issue I am having with Moode is that if I queue an album from the DLNA control point (jRiver) then the first track plays fine but once that track finishes the next track does not start. If I look at the Moode WebGUI Playback screen I can see the first track queue up and start playing and shortly after I see the second track enter the queue but that track does not start. Once the first track is finished I then have to press play again (either in jRiver or in the Moode WebGUI) to start the next track.

I have been through all the settings on both Moode Audio and jRiver and I cannot find anything that will sort this out.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I don't know what.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Hi, I've only just discovered Moode Audio Player and am currently testing it on a Raspberry Pi 3 but am having an issue.

Firstly, let me just outline the setup. I have an existing Raspberry Pi (v1) music player running Volumio and setup to be purely a DLNA renderer controlled by jRiver Media Center as outlined in this post on the jRiver forum:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,97222.0.html

So I now want to build a second one and this time using a Pi version 3 and as before I am looking at all the available software (Volumio, Rune Audio, Moode etc).

The issue I am having with Moode is that if I queue an album from the DLNA control point (jRiver) then the first track plays fine but once that track finishes the next track does not start. If I look at the Moode WebGUI Playback screen I can see the first track queue up and start playing and shortly after I see the second track enter the queue but that track does not start. Once the first track is finished I then have to press play again (either in jRiver or in the Moode WebGUI) to start the next track.

I have been through all the settings on both Moode Audio and jRiver and I cannot find anything that will sort this out.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I don't know what.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Hi,

I use Linn Kinsky control point to test UPnP renderer. In LK when I add an album, all the tracks are added to MPD queue at once i.e., they all appear in the Moode playlist, then the first track starts playing. No issues with continuous play.

Maybe there is a way to have JR add all the tracks at once.

-Tim

Hi,

I use Linn Kinsky control point to test UPnP renderer. In LK when I add an album, all the tracks are added to MPD queue at once i.e., they all appear in the Moode playlist, then the first track starts playing. No issues with continuous play.

Maybe there is a way to have JR add all the tracks at once.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply.

I've had a quick look at JR settings and I can't find anywhere to make it queue the entire playlist at once. However, I will investigate further and report back.

I do also have a couple of other issues though that I was hoping you could help with.

Firstly, I don't seem to be able to ssh into the system. I log in with user 'root' and it then asks for the password. I enter 'moode' as the password but it returns 'Permission denied, please try again.'

Secondly, the sutdown/reboot commands do not appear to be working. When I select either from the WebGUI nothing happens. I'm wondering if it is related to the first problem.

What should I see on a monitor connected to the Pi. Should there be a GUI displayed as in other similar players. What I see on the monitor is the normal boot up scrolling text and at the end is the text:

Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 moode tty1

moode login:

...and that is it with a flashing cursor.

Russell

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply.

I've had a quick look at JR settings and I can't find anywhere to make it queue the entire playlist at once. However, I will investigate further and report back.

I do also have a couple of other issues though that I was hoping you could help with.

Firstly, I don't seem to be able to ssh into the system. I log in with user 'root' and it then asks for the password. I enter 'moode' as the password but it returns 'Permission denied, please try again.'

Secondly, the sutdown/reboot commands do not appear to be working. When I select either from the WebGUI nothing happens. I'm wondering if it is related to the first problem.

What should I see on a monitor connected to the Pi. Should there be a GUI displayed as in other similar players. What I see on the monitor is the normal boot up scrolling text and at the end is the text:

...and that is it with a flashing cursor.

Russell

Hi Russell,

Moode Setup guide has information on ssh login.

The symptom "sutdown/reboot commands do not appear to be working" suggests a bad or corrupt SD card, or something external to Moode software.

Moode is a headless server that provides a WebUI that is accessed from a Browser on Smartphone, Tablet or PC. No UI will appear on on a locally attached display.

-Tim

Hi Russell,

Moode Setup guide has information on ssh login.

The symptom "sutdown/reboot commands do not appear to be working" suggests a bad or corrupt SD card, or something external to Moode software.

Moode is a headless server that provides a WebUI that is accessed from a Browser on Smartphone, Tablet or PC. No UI will appear on on a locally attached display.

-Tim

Thanks again Tim,

I re-imaged the SD card and sure enough the shutdown/reboot command is now working. However, more importantly the original playlist issue is now working correctly. So jRiver is still queueing the next song in the playlist part way through the existing song but now it does progress onto the next track.

So it looks like it was all down to an SD card corruption.

With regards to the ssh login, I can only appologise for that. I found some info somewhere that suggested the login was 'root' with pswd 'moode'. I totally missed the login info at the top of the setup guide. I can now succesfully ssh into the system.

So everything appears to be working fine now and I can evaluate it properly.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Russell

Hi all, im Marcello from Italy and im sorry for my bad english...

I hope I have written in the right place.

Start with compliments for the great job: in my rig Moode sounds simply natural e works very well.

Anyway here's my problem :

I have this raspdac http://www.audiophonics.fr/en/diy-dac/audiophonics-raspdac-kit-diy-network-player-raspberry-pi-20-dac-sabre-p-10384.html

and I was wondering how do I run the OLED screen to display song information in play etc etc.

I hope someone can help me..

Bye

Hi all, im Marcello from Italy and im sorry for my bad english...

I hope I have written in the right place.

Start with compliments for the great job: in my rig Moode sounds simply natural e works very well.

Anyway here's my problem :

I have this raspdac AUDIOPHONICS RaspDAC Kit DIY Network player Raspberry Pi 2.0 & DAC Sabre V3 - Audiophonics

and I was wondering how do I run the OLED screen to display song information in play etc etc.

I hope someone can help me..

Bye

First port of call, have you asked Audiophonics?

Someone on another forum did just that and got this reply

MoodeAudio

--"MoodeAudio" avec gestion de l'alimentation (I-Sabre V3 et Audiophonics PI-SPC) :

With power management :

https://mega.nz/#!8AwHECpT!PHMOpwo7s...fxNLDPikfDU2Dk

--"MoodeAudio" avec gestion de l'alimentation (I-Sabre V3 et Audiophonics PI-SPC) et afficheur Oled (Winstar Ecran Oled 16x2) :

With power management and Oled display support :

https://mega.nz/#!kYwWBAxS!35kR-cV3d...EPMRGI_dYUUx0A

Nous compléterons cette liste au fur et a mesure de nos avancées.

Bonne écoute !

Hi, thank you for the fast reply...

I noticed that my link is for raspdac v3 and i have v2. I have tried the first image in your answer... and does not works :(

I think the problem is that the oled is wiring otherwise...

Ok, i will try to write to Audiophonics...

Tnx the same..

The second image is the one for the screen.

I don't know if the pins have changed from rpi v2 to v3, maybe check the wiring diagrams/pictures on the Audiophonics site.

Good luck.

Ronnie

Forum Audiophonics.fr • Consulter le sujet - RaspDAC - Tutoriel pour affichage Volumio sur ecran LCD/OLED

This shows the wiring for a v2 rpi

My French is rubbish but I think the text hints that the script for the screen "should" work with other distro using MPD.

I don't know if this applies to Moode.

Why not try volumio anyway to see if everything works and then play with getting it to work with Moode.

Tim should be able to advise.

ciao

Ronnie

Solved, in Audiophonics forum i've found another Thread who speak about Moode Audio.. with some modification in the configuration gpio file the oled screen works very well. Thanks Ronnie, for the suggestion and the patience, tnx Dhrone for the script... i am just a newbie :)

I dont know if is in my head, but i think Moode sound a little bit better than other distros 'couse in my rig is less harsh and natural. Lots of compliments Tim! Good work!

Solved, in Audiophonics forum i've found another Thread who speak about Moode Audio.. with some modification in the configuration gpio file the oled screen works very well. Thanks Ronnie, for the suggestion and the patience, tnx Dhrone for the script... i am just a newbie :)

I dont know if is in my head, but i think Moode sound a little bit better than other distros 'couse in my rig is less harsh and natural. Lots of compliments Tim! Good work!

That's good news, would you be kind enough to post a link to the forum please.

I have the same dac board and the power switch on an rpi3 so the screen script link would be really helpful (not only to me but maybe others as well).

Molte grazie

Ronnie