IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Hi Tim,

I started testing Moode a bit and just love it :) I am using a Rpi1 and an Rpi2 for it, but when i connect it to my HDMI audio extractor i cant seem to get any sound. In options i cant choose hdmi out as output device, so what could be my Problem?

Alex

Hi Alex,

After plugging in HDMI cable, open MPD config, select "On-board audio" and press APPLY.

-Tim

Any issue with two clients attached to the same Moode? Was thinking of mirroring Moode on my TV so other could see the playlist when I have people over while still accessing with my laptop.

Hi,

Yes, multiple clients can access Moode and they will all be updated simultaneously.

What's not supported is Moode UI via HDMI connection to local display.

-Tim

Hi Alex,

Glad to hear that :-) Was config.txt manually edited?

Moode default is hdmi_drive=2

-Tim

Yes, that was one of my tries to get it to work, should have thought about it earlier ^^

I still have one question: Is there a way to get Tunein radio?

Thank you for your help :)

Alex

Hi Tim,

I have some directories which name contain accentuated characters on my NAS. Those directories are not recognized when Moode scans my library. The encoding is iso-8859-15.

I updated the nas-config.html file to add this option to the mount options. It is used, but my directories are still not recognized. When listing the directory by hand in a shell, each accentuated char is displayed by a '?'.

Is there a way to have those directories scanned in the library, even with the '?' instead of accentuated chars?

Gregory

Hi Tim,

I have some directories which name contain accentuated characters on my NAS. Those directories are not recognized when Moode scans my library. The encoding is iso-8859-15.

I updated the nas-config.html file to add this option to the mount options. It is used, but my directories are still not recognized. When listing the directory by hand in a shell, each accentuated char is displayed by a '?'.

Is there a way to have those directories scanned in the library, even with the '?' instead of accentuated chars?

Gregory

Hi Gregory,

I don't think its possible for me to answer the question unless you could you propose a way for me to repro the failure scenario.

-Tim

I don't think its possible for me to answer the question unless you could you propose a way for me to repro the failure scenario.

-Tim

Hmmm...

Scenario:

From a Windows or Mac: Create a directory with an accentuated char on the NAS, place some file in it.

Ask Moode to scan it

?

Example of directory not recognized (view in Windows):

(2013) Random Access Memories (Édition Studio Masters) (FLAC)

Listing in SSH on Moode:

(2013) Random Access Memories (?dition Studio Masters) (FLAC)

the 'É' is shown as '?' and the whole directory is not visible in Moode (library or Explorer).

Does this helps?

Gregory

Hmmm...

Scenario:

From a Windows or Mac: Create a directory with an accentuated char on the NAS, place some file in it.

Ask Moode to scan it

?

Example of directory not recognized (view in Windows):

(2013) Random Access Memories (Édition Studio Masters) (FLAC)

Listing in SSH on Moode:

(2013) Random Access Memories (?dition Studio Masters) (FLAC)

the 'É' is shown as '?' and the whole directory is not visible in Moode (library or Explorer).

Does this helps?

Gregory

Hi Gregory,

Check mpd log to rule out a permissions issue on the folders, otherwise if its some sort of character set encoding mismatch then I can't really offer any help. I just go with the default utf-8 settings for mpd and linux.

cat /var/log/mpd/mpd.log

-Tim

Hi Gregory,

Check mpd log to rule out a permissions issue on the folders, otherwise if its some sort of character set encoding mismatch then I can't really offer any help. I just go with the default utf-8 settings for mpd and linux.

cat /var/log/mpd/mpd.log

-Tim

It was an encoding issue. I used your advice and used utf-8 + some fiddling on the NAS side and now it looks good.

Gregory.

Hi,

Yes, multiple clients can access Moode and they will all be updated simultaneously.

What's not supported is Moode UI via HDMI connection to local display.

-Tim

Thanks....I built an Android box with an Odroid C2. I installed the MPDroid app so my wife can see what is on the playlist as I control it from my laptop or iPad. Now if our 60" TV was a touchscreen.

Thanks!

I've got raspi2 & hifiberry pro dac plus running with moodeOs. Thanks a lot!

Since I'm new to DLNA / UPnP I've got a question:

On my Win 10 I've store my music and enabled media streaming (DLNA Server)

When I use my smartphone with BubbleUPnP (DLNA Controller) I can access the server and playback on my

Raspberry 2 (DLNA Renderer).

But I wanted to browse DLNA server via Moode Player without NAS/SAM/CIFS share.

I think since the DLNA controller can do the job, why is this not possible to do it with moodeOs?[h=2][/h]

I've got raspi2 & hifiberry pro dac plus running with moodeOs. Thanks a lot!

Since I'm new to DLNA / UPnP I've got a question:

On my Win 10 I've store my music and enabled media streaming (DLNA Server)

When I use my smartphone with BubbleUPnP (DLNA Controller) I can access the server and playback on my

Raspberry 2 (DLNA Renderer).

But I wanted to browse DLNA server via Moode Player without NAS/SAM/CIFS share.

I think since the DLNA controller can do the job, why is this not possible to do it with moodeOs?

Hi,

Moode is based on MPD (Music Player Daemon) and I have not compiled it with the enable-upnp option which I believe would support browsing UPNP/DLNA databases. See article below.

https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/pages/mpd-upnp.html

Maybe in one of the 3.x releases I'll add this option to MPD.

-Tim

Hi,

Could also add support for DSD 256 and DSD 512 to the 3.x version? There are more and more DAC's that can suport such resolution.

I wouldlike to ask about power supply that you are using with Rasperry Pi. Is it linear power supply or switching version?

I can't wait for 3.0 version. I'm checking webpage every day...

Tribon

Good morning.

I moved my raspberry/ Moode 2.7 from one network to another (in a different place) and I'm struggling with a few problems, probably related to each other:

1) mpd service does not start at boot

I have to manually log in through ssh and manually run "sudo /etc/init.d/mpd start"

2) I forgot to remove a "NAS source" before moving the raspberry and now when I click the "Remove source" button and confirm, nothing happens.

As a result I'm not able to actually update the db with my new source since I'm not able to start the Update DB function.

Any idea on what could I try?

I can login and do stuff "server side" if the need be....

Thanks

franz

Good morning.

I moved my raspberry/ Moode 2.7 from one network to another (in a different place) and I'm struggling with a few problems, probably related to each other:

1) mpd service does not start at boot

I have to manually log in through ssh and manually run "sudo /etc/init.d/mpd start"

2) I forgot to remove a "NAS source" before moving the raspberry and now when I click the "Remove source" button and confirm, nothing happens.

As a result I'm not able to actually update the db with my new source since I'm not able to start the Update DB function.

Any idea on what could I try?

I can login and do stuff "server side" if the need be....

Thanks

franz

I solved my problem 1 (mpd not starting).

It turned out that for somne reason the mpd service was disabled, and I updated it with the following command (after connecting through ssh):

update-rc.d mpd enable

After doing this also the removal of the non existent samba mount (my problem #2) worked!