IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Hi,

What DAC are u using?

The diff in output level may be due to settings for example if DAC has hardware volume controller and MPD volume control set to "Hardware" then remember to set Logarithmic curve to "Yes" on Customize screen.

-Tim

HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro. And I did not know about Logarithmic Curve.....so, all is good now. Thanks!

hi :)

i get shairport_sync source code, and rewrite s16le -> s32le.

now, success a 32bit sound of airplay on my raspberrypi3. :)

but, not supported soxr(configure not specified -soxr).

--- configure of shairport-sync ---

./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --with-alsa --with-avahi --with-ssl=openssl --with-metadata --with-systemd

[ATTACH]31454[/ATTACH]

Hi,

Did you ask Mike Brady, the dev for shairport-sync, if he could add a bit depth param?

-Tim

So I am testing a different setup -

Amp - SMSL SMSL SA-60 black 60WPC Class D Digital Amplifier

Pi2 with HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro

Within the software which settings are best for for the above setup for hardware volume controller and MPD volume control?

Hardware, software, disabled?

So I am testing a different setup -

Amp - SMSL SMSL SA-60 black 60WPC Class D Digital Amplifier

Pi2 with HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro

Within the software which settings are best for for the above setup for hardware volume controller and MPD volume control?

Hardware, software, disabled?

Hi,

When you have an external volume control there are two configs:

A) If you are going to exclusively use the physical volume control on the Amp then set MPD volume control to "disabled". This results in MPD outputting 0dB (full volume).

B) If you are going to exclusively use Moode volume knob then configure as follows:

- Set MPD volume control to "Hardware"

- In the Customize screen set Logarithmic curve to "Yes"

Calibrate the audio system for max volume:

1) Turn the volume control on the Amp to 0 (no volume)

2) Turn Moode volume knob up to 100 (full volume)

3) Play a track that represents the type of music you most often listen to

4) Turn the Amp volume knob up until the music reaches the loudest level you would ever listen at.

5) Turn Moode volume knob down to normal listening level

Calibrating volume in this way ensures that there will be no audible distortion that can result from attenuating Moode/DAC hardware volume.

-Tim

To Tim or anyone who might know!:

I want to use the Raspi SSH app on my android phone to make some comands for the Moode to shut down when I don't use it without having to use my computer.

Appart from the ip adress I need Username, Password, and Port in order to make the SSH app connec with the Moode.

The problem is that I can't find them... any help?

Another couple of things:

I have two drives on my rasp. One desktop 1TB Seagate with self power and another portable 320GB connected through an active hub to the rasp. While the desktop drive goes to sleep after some time if not in use, or shuts down after I shut dow the Moode, the other spins all the time!

1) I want is to ask is if there is a way to make the Moode go to sleep mode (with the drives connected on it) when not in use so that it will not be nessesary to unplug and replug it in order to use it again after it's shut down!

2) is there a way to make the connected drives NOT to go in to sleep mode while the machine is in use? For example, after a while of radio listening, the drive goes to sleep mode.

In short I want to have the drives spin all the time while the rasp is in use, and go to sleep when I shut (or Sleep if possible) down Moode!

Thnx in advance! I hope I didn't confuse you :)

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

Running the following:- RPi 3B, HiFiBerry Digi + Pro, Moode Player 3.1, Seagate USB 1TB HDD, iFi iPower, FLAC files. I am experiencing constant freezes of the system. I can't access the web interface via WiFi, Access Point, Ethernet or SSH into the machine using Terminal. If music is playing it will continue to play uninterrupted but I have to perform a hard power off / power on to get the system back up and running. This occurs on any file regardless of resolution. Sometimes the system will remain stable for a while but it will eventually hang. I do not believe this is occurring if music is not playing and the system is idling. I have monitored Top via the console and did not see mpd consuming more than 5% CPU at any one time when playing music. I have the buffer set to 30% and RAM to 10,240 mb.

This system ran without any issues using Rune for over a year. I switched because Rune does not support the Digi+ Pro. I am very satisfied with the audio performance I am getting running Moode.

Any ideas? I searched various forums but did not see this issue mentioned.

Running the following:- RPi 3B, HiFiBerry Digi + Pro, Moode Player 3.1, Seagate USB 1TB HDD, iFi iPower, FLAC files. I am experiencing constant freezes of the system. I can't access the web interface via WiFi, Access Point, Ethernet or SSH into the machine using Terminal. If music is playing it will continue to play uninterrupted but I have to perform a hard power off / power on to get the system back up and running. This occurs on any file regardless of resolution. Sometimes the system will remain stable for a while but it will eventually hang. I do not believe this is occurring if music is not playing and the system is idling. I have monitored Top via the console and did not see mpd consuming more than 5% CPU at any one time when playing music. I have the buffer set to 30% and RAM to 10,240 mb.

This system ran without any issues using Rune for over a year. I switched because Rune does not support the Digi+ Pro. I am very satisfied with the audio performance I am getting running Moode.

Any ideas? I searched various forums but did not see this issue mentioned.

Hi,

Very odd.

Reboot then post contents of /var/log/moode.log and I'll take a look.

-Tim

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to set-up my moode player.

I use USB/SPDIF converter Audiophilleo2.

The 16 bit/44 kHz sound perfect, but when i try to play any resolution bigger than that (i.e. 24/192) the output is just very very noisy, full of pop and poc's

I use i2s NONE (because i can't find Audiophilleo)

MPD settings:

Audio device = USB audio device

Volume = disable

Resampling= disable

Any suggestions about the settings please ? ....

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to set-up my moode player.

I use USB/SPDIF converter Audiophilleo2.

The 16 bit/44 kHz sound perfect, but when i try to play any resolution bigger than that (i.e. 24/192) the output is just very very noisy, full of pop and poc's

I use i2s NONE (because i can't find Audiophilleo)

MPD settings:

Audio device = USB audio device

Volume = disable

Resampling= disable

Any suggestions about the settings please ? ....

Hi,

Try the USB (UAC2) fix setting on System config.

-Tim

Hi,

The log looks fine. The system instability symptoms you describe suggest something external to Moode software for example a bad SD card, power supply, etc.

-Tim

Could this be some corruption of system parameters due to improper shut down? In this case it may be worth a try to reinstall moOde on the SD.

Similar symptoms I experienced when changing the MPD scheduling parameters. This is something the poster could try.

Roberto

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Hi Tim

A request from me, to the track listings for the Library track list, the playback track list and the playing now song title, could you add the Genre (as you already do with title, artist, album etc)

Would be useful when viewing albums (compilations etc) which have songs with different genres, and in my case I have renamed some of my genre's from the original album listings.

Thanks

Graham

I am enjoying moode very much (and have contributed). I wonder tho if any consideration/discussion about the UI would be appropriate. I respect Tim for his slavish devotion to all the forums that he supports for moode and realize that he has a 'regular' life as well. The issues I would like to ask about are:

1) adding what's on the playlist - currently you have to move your mouse to the little hamburger icon to the right of the track, click and hold and then selects add, play, etc. And there is no way to easily add a whole album. Consider a different paradigm tho. Imagine a button named 'ADD' in the menubar just to the left of the speaker icon. And a button to the left of that named 'Remove'. And a button to the left of that named 'Save'. Now imagine that Every object has a checkbox next to it - so a folder would have a check box. Any folders within that folder would have a checkbox, every artist name would have a checkbox, every album would have a checkbox, each track would have a checkbox. You get the idea. One could then select all the interesting objects (tracks, albums, playlists, etc) and hit an 'add' button and al those tracks would be added to the playlist seen in the 'play tab'. The 'Remove' button would remove the selected objects from the playlist in the 'Play' tab. The 'Save button would present a dialog where you could name the selected tracks and that lay list would be saved. In addition imagine a button named 'ALL' next to the label named 'TRACKS'. Clicking this button would put a checkmark in all the boxes in the list of tracks.

2) make a navigation panel for playlists. So above the section named 'ALBUMS' in the Library tab would be a section for playlists. Saved playlists would appear here. So if you click the 'SAVE' button in the moode menubar (proposed in item 1 above) that playlist would appear in the playlist section. Next to the label 'playlist' would be a button labeled 'delete' and next to that a button labeled 'play now' with obvious functions.

3) easier manipulation of tracks in the play tab. Again, instead of a little 'hamburger icon' that you have to click, hold, and drag to select a menu item, consider a checkbox. Then just below the main moode menubar have a few buttons (in the space just to the right of the search box) These buttons would be labeled 'Clear' and 'Sort'. The clear button would remove all checked songs from the playlist. The sort button would actually be a menu dropdown that would provide choices like - by date, by album, by genre, by artist, by favorite

4) a way to automatically record how often a track is played and a smiley face drop down to allow emoticon selection for each track. These qualities can be presented in the 'Library' tab under the track list next to each track as well as the main playlist in the 'play' tab.

Please forgive me if this has been discussed somewhere in this thread. Although I have read this thread entirely, I also forgot a lot of it. I keep cramming stuff in the front of my brain but it falls off the back.

Win10 PRO->PPANG USB->Gustard X20->Jotunheim->Sanders magtech monoblocks->3.7i

I am enjoying moode very much (and have contributed). I wonder tho if any consideration/discussion about the UI would be appropriate. I respect Tim for his slavish devotion to all the forums that he supports for moode and realize that he has a 'regular' life as well. The issues I would like to ask about are:

1) adding what's on the playlist - currently you have to move your mouse to the little hamburger icon to the right of the track, click and hold and then selects add, play, etc. And there is no way to easily add a whole album. Consider a different paradigm tho. Imagine a button named 'ADD' in the menubar just to the left of the speaker icon. And a button to the left of that named 'Remove'. And a button to the left of that named 'Save'. Now imagine that Every object has a checkbox next to it - so a folder would have a check box. Any folders within that folder would have a checkbox, every artist name would have a checkbox, every album would have a checkbox, each track would have a checkbox. You get the idea. One could then select all the interesting objects (tracks, albums, playlists, etc) and hit an 'add' button and al those tracks would be added to the playlist seen in the 'play tab'. The 'Remove' button would remove the selected objects from the playlist in the 'Play' tab. The 'Save button would present a dialog where you could name the selected tracks and that lay list would be saved. In addition imagine a button named 'ALL' next to the label named 'TRACKS'. Clicking this button would put a checkmark in all the boxes in the list of tracks.

2) make a navigation panel for playlists. So above the section named 'ALBUMS' in the Library tab would be a section for playlists. Saved playlists would appear here. So if you click the 'SAVE' button in the moode menubar (proposed in item 1 above) that playlist would appear in the playlist section. Next to the label 'playlist' would be a button labeled 'delete' and next to that a button labeled 'play now' with obvious functions.

3) easier manipulation of tracks in the play tab. Again, instead of a little 'hamburger icon' that you have to click, hold, and drag to select a menu item, consider a checkbox. Then just below the main moode menubar have a few buttons (in the space just to the right of the search box) These buttons would be labeled 'Clear' and 'Sort'. The clear button would remove all checked songs from the playlist. The sort button would actually be a menu dropdown that would provide choices like - by date, by album, by genre, by artist, by favorite

4) a way to automatically record how often a track is played and a smiley face drop down to allow emoticon selection for each track. These qualities can be presented in the 'Library' tab under the track list next to each track as well as the main playlist in the 'play' tab.

Please forgive me if this has been discussed somewhere in this thread. Although I have read this thread entirely, I also forgot a lot of it. I keep cramming stuff in the front of my brain but it falls off the back.

Hi,

I'm always open to UI improvements but one of the challenges is that the UI has to accommodate both mouse and touch input, and it needs to fold up from desktop size to mobile iPhone 5 size.

How would the checkbox based UI work on Mobiles?

Whole albums can be easily added via Browse by navigating to an album folder then clicking on the menu icon.

In the Library, clicking on the album art will display a menu that applies to Genre, Artist, Album or the entire collection. The number of tracks that will be added to the Playlist is highlighted.

-Tim

Cannot Get Wifi working!

I use The Pi 3b with the Hifiberry Dac + pro and the bottom half of the steel case. I have tried the on board wifi and the edimax and the best I can get is AP mode with the Edimax. I have change channels on the router yet no luck. I used a static address and when I reboot using Ethernet,. the network settings shows wireless %0 signal.

I love using Moode yet I tied volumio and other Pi operation systems and they work with wireless and the see all the SIDs. Anyone have any ideas?

Powerbook G4 15 inch Aluminum, \"Fidela,\" M2tech EVO (BNC)with RF attenuator,dedicated PSU, Stereovox XV Ultra (BNC) Audio Note Dac Kit 2.1 Level B Signature Upgraded to 12AU7 tubes, ARC SP-16L Tube preamp , VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp), Vintage Tubes, Furutech ETP-80, (Alon 2 Mk2, (upgraded tweeters, Usher Woofers), Pangea Power cords, Omega Micro Active Planar PC. Signal Cable Silver Resolution ICs.

Hi, guys. I got a shiny new Pi 3 for Christmas, and I was looking to use Moode with it. I have everything I need to set up the Pi (power cord, cables, microSD card, external hard drive, etc) and a Hifiberry DAC+ Pro. The bad news is, I have only the data on my phone (which can be a WiFi hotspot if necessary) as internet at home. I know Moode can be controlled without internet access via access point mode once it is set up, but I don't know if I can set it up without internet access.

So here are my newbie questions:

> Can I setup Moode from scratch without internet to use access point mode?

> So, um, how do I install the .img file to the microSD card? Surely I don't just copy it over, right? Is there some program I need to install the .img file to my microSD card to run Moode?

Sorry for the noob questions. I really appreciate all your help!