IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

I’ve lost the ability to delete Internet radio stations from a custom station list I created in Conductor   I can add stations just not delete them. I’m using an iPad Pro with Conductor App v4.8.7 and a N150 with software 1.23.424.  I could delete and reinstall the App but wondered if the delete capability (i.e., the action used) just moved and I can’t find it.

Just a note to say I forgot how awesome it is to use an Aurender with all local solid state storage. 

I'm working on my review of the AP20 and have it connected to an ACS10 over the network (16TB of HDD storage) and I have a small SSD inside the AP20. The ACS10 is fantastic for serving music to the Aurender units I have, but it takes a bit for the drives to spin up when I add music to the queue. The local SSD storage on the AP20 is instant. I'd forgotten how nice this is :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 2/25/2024 at 11:59 AM, terry78 said:

I should have added that the Conductor App now does not have stars that I previously could uncheck to remove a station from the favorites list.

Solved. Thanks Aurender Support!  

For future readers: I suggest that you don’t follow the guidance given in the online Aurender FAQ/manual  to un-star the station in the Internet Radio Favorites list.  You should instead click on the “…” to action a pop-up, then un-heart the station on the pop-up.

Hi everyone! I just joined the Aurender family recently by acquiring an N20. I'm wondering if people just leave it powered on 24/7 or power off through the Conductor app after each listening session. I was coming from an Innuos before this and left that on all the time except for long vacations. I suspect I should do the same here but didn't want to assume anything because I'm still learning about the Aurender units. Thanks!

Innuos ZENith Mk 2 > JCat USB > Kii Control > Kii Three

Denon X6700H AVR > generic RCA-XLR > Kii Three

GIK Room Treatments

4 minutes ago, grubble said:

Hi everyone! I just joined the Aurender family recently by acquiring an N20. I'm wondering if people just leave it powered on 24/7 or power off through the Conductor app after each listening session. I was coming from an Innuos before this and left that on all the time except for long vacations. I suspect I should do the same here but didn't want to assume anything because I'm still learning about the Aurender units. Thanks!

used to leave mine on all the time unless there was good reason to turn it off (vacation etc).

But it’s not rocket science, so I think if you were to mostly turn it off then that’d be fine too. Not something to waste time worrying about IMO.

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

One thing I appreciate is that, when I turn my N200 back on, my playlist is still queued up. The device I had previously would lose the playlist when it was shutdown. 

I bought mine used, and when it arrived, the previous owner’s playlist was still in the queue. Even the songs from streaming services: I played a song from Qobuz which was presumably still cached on the SSD drive. (Gone now, of course.)

Aurender N200 music server, Bryston BDA-3 DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature preamp, Bryston 4B3 power amp, and Diapason Adamantes III monitor speakers. Power cords from AudioQuest and Shunyata; interconnects from Silnote Audio.

Hi ! I need help !!! :)

I have been using an ACS10 for a few years now. Just acquired a 2nd hand W20. I managed to connect them via my house network (wifi) very easily, libraries where merged successfully. It's working well for reading content stored on the ACS10 from the W20 (now the player on my main system) and vice-versa.

Problem is: I can't have access from the W20 to the very long playlists I have built over time on the ACS10. Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

Thanks a lot !

1 hour ago, Robifabs said:

Hi ! I need help !!! :)

I have been using an ACS10 for a few years now. Just acquired a 2nd hand W20. I managed to connect them via my house network (wifi) very easily, libraries where merged successfully. It's working well for reading content stored on the ACS10 from the W20 (now the player on my main system) and vice-versa.

Problem is: I can't have access from the W20 to the very long playlists I have built over time on the ACS10. Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

Thanks a lot !

Can you be more specific about what doesn’t work?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

10 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Can you be more specific about what doesn’t work?

@ComputerAudiophile & @Ponzi,  Thank you for offering to help, and sorry if I was not clear.

Set-up:  W20 (main system) & ACS10 (second system) are connected via WIFI Mesh domestic network (the two systems are on two different floors: no possible direct hard wired RJ45 connection).

What works well: I can see and read all content (tunes, albums, files, ratings...)stored on both Aurenders regardless of wether I am connected to W20 or ACS10 on Conductor app (v4 beta). That includes all metadata (names, covers, etc)

What doesn't work:

I have built several very dense Playlists over time using the ACS10. I can still use them as usual when connected to the ACS10, they appear in the backup file on ACS Manager or computer..., no problem here. I would love to keep on using this unique & central set of playlists (listening & editing) when using the W20. Problem is the Playlists don't appear when I select the Playlists menu on the W20...

What I have noticed (no clue if relevant or not...):

- When connected to W20 on Conductor app, in the Settings/Library & storage information/ACS connection: My ACS10 appears clearly as "linked"

- On the other hand, on ACS10 Manager, in Settings/Connected Aurenders, I have a "No connected Aurenders" status...

Hope this is clearer and thanks for your time and attention !!

1 hour ago, Robifabs said:

@ComputerAudiophile & @Ponzi,  Thank you for offering to help, and sorry if I was not clear.

Set-up:  W20 (main system) & ACS10 (second system) are connected via WIFI Mesh domestic network (the two systems are on two different floors: no possible direct hard wired RJ45 connection).

What works well: I can see and read all content (tunes, albums, files, ratings...)stored on both Aurenders regardless of wether I am connected to W20 or ACS10 on Conductor app (v4 beta). That includes all metadata (names, covers, etc)

What doesn't work:

I have built several very dense Playlists over time using the ACS10. I can still use them as usual when connected to the ACS10, they appear in the backup file on ACS Manager or computer..., no problem here. I would love to keep on using this unique & central set of playlists (listening & editing) when using the W20. Problem is the Playlists don't appear when I select the Playlists menu on the W20...

What I have noticed (no clue if relevant or not...):

- When connected to W20 on Conductor app, in the Settings/Library & storage information/ACS connection: My ACS10 appears clearly as "linked"

- On the other hand, on ACS10 Manager, in Settings/Connected Aurenders, I have a "No connected Aurenders" status...

Hope this is clearer and thanks for your time and attention !!

Ok, this helps. 

The issue is - how to get play lists created on a content server to show up on connected servers. 

I will test this on my setup to see if there’s a way. 

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Ok, this helps. 

The issue is - how to get play lists created on a content server to show up on connected servers. 

I will test this on my setup to see if there’s a way. 

Perfect synthesis ! Thanks for your help !!

19 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

ACS playlists on a linked Aurender isn't currently supported. I wouldn't be surprised if this feature is available at a later date.

Arrrghhh, pain now... and hopes for the future then ! Thanks a lot for your help @The Computer Audiophile, very much appreciated !

I guess in the meantime (until release of the feature by our friends at Aurender), I will  have to change my HDs on the W20 (to move from 3TB x 2 to 6TB x 2) so I can clone my 5.6TB ACS10 Library (incl. playlists) and think of an "as user-friendly as possible" procedure to keep on editing from both devices whilst maintaining consistency across the board. Headhaches ahead !

By the way, any clues how easy it is to change HDs on a W20 ? Did it several times in computers but actually never opened an Aurender...

18 hours ago, Robifabs said:

Up! Anyone ?

....By the way, any clues how easy it is to change HDs on a W20 ? Did it several times in computers but actually never opened an Aurender...

Thanks !!

I don't think the HDDs are user serviceable in your W20. 

This might be a question you need to ask the Aurender helpdesk.

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

Something strange i have not letter Z in my Aurender app. So album where the artist starts with the letter Z do not appear in my conducteur app on ipad. everything is up to date. On my pc i can see the albums. Whats wrong?

Latest version of Conductor 4 doesn’t load on my iPhone 13(latest sw). All I get is a grey screen.

Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 10.08.05 PM.jpeg

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

Hmmm!

I don't know what Aurender have done with the latest 4.9.14 version of Conductor for iPhone, but I can't get the background to stay on "Dark!"

It keeps reverting to a "White" background!

Anyone else having problems?

4 hours ago, XCop5089 said:

It keeps reverting to a "White" background!

A conflict between your iPhone and your Conductor settings?

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

I encountered the 

On 3/16/2024 at 9:09 PM, JS21 said:

Latest version of Conductor 4 doesn’t load on my iPhone 13(latest sw). All I get is a grey screen.

Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 10.08.05 PM.jpeg

I encountered this over the weekend on an iPhone Pro Max 14 after taking an update to Conductor.  However, my iPad continued to work with the new update.  I received a response from Aurender support on Sunday (they are really fast to respond!) with a beta version to try.  It fixed the problem.  I am assuming another update will be out very shortly.