IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Did you do a rescan of your library, clean scan or otherwise?

Rescan, Clean Scan.

Deleted my SSD on the Aurender and performed a clean copy from my USB drive.

I have FLAC and AIFF versions of all my files on the USB drive.

Copied over the FLAC files. All the tracks showed the same album art (one album). Even though Perfect Tunes shows all correct artwork when scanning the files in the USB drive, and "fixing" album art.

Deleted the SSD drive. Did a clean scan.

Copied the AIFF files. Artwork is 97% correct.

Audio Note AN-E SPx AlNiCo, Audio Note P4 Tonmeister 300B Balanced Monos, Bricasti Audio M21 DAC,  Aurender N30SA, Esoteric UX3-Pi, Audio Note Sogon, SPx and WyWires cabling, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 Whole House AC Filter, Torus TOT Mini Isolation Transformer, Dedicated Audio AC Circuit

23 minutes ago, GJo said:

Rescan, Clean Scan.

Deleted my SSD on the Aurender and performed a clean copy from my USB drive.

I have FLAC and AIFF versions of all my files on the USB drive.

Copied over the FLAC files. All the tracks showed the same album art (one album). Even though Perfect Tunes shows all correct artwork when scanning the files in the USB drive, and "fixing" album art.

Deleted the SSD drive. Did a clean scan.

Copied the AIFF files. Artwork is 97% correct.

Does PerfectTunes embed the album art into the file and leave a copy of the art as folder.jpg in the same folder as the tracks? I have PerfectTunes but it has been a long time since I used it. My guess is it can be configured for both. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Does PerfectTunes embed the album art into the file and leave a copy of the art as folder.jpg in the same folder as the tracks? I have PerfectTunes but it has been a long time since I used it. My guess is it can be configured for both. 

Embed and Export Option.

Shown are the currently selected options for the FLAC and AIFF folders/files.

Image 2-3-24 at 2.38 PM.jpeg

Audio Note AN-E SPx AlNiCo, Audio Note P4 Tonmeister 300B Balanced Monos, Bricasti Audio M21 DAC,  Aurender N30SA, Esoteric UX3-Pi, Audio Note Sogon, SPx and WyWires cabling, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 Whole House AC Filter, Torus TOT Mini Isolation Transformer, Dedicated Audio AC Circuit

6 minutes ago, GJo said:

Embed and Export Option.

And, just to make sure, you checked a couple of the files and folders, and the album art was correct, but Conductor displayed it wrong? I just want to make sure something crazy didn't happen where the same thing was really copied into all the albums :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

9 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

According to this guide the artwork file should be named as folder.jpg and not Folder.jpg … no “f” capital letter

I didn’t adjust or change the spelling from what was in the PerfectTUNES drop down menu.

13 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

And, just to make sure, you checked a couple of the files and folders, and the album art was correct, but Conductor displayed it wrong?

Yes. Checked this about ten times. 

Some of my artwork has the upper case ‘F’, some lower case ‘f’. Makes no difference. 

Aurender N200 music server, Bryston BDA-3 DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature preamp, Bryston 4B3 power amp, and Diapason Adamantes III monitor speakers. Power cords from AudioQuest and Shunyata; interconnects from Silnote Audio.

I ended up importing all the AIF versions of my library and gave up on FLAC. 

Album artwork is all there.

However, since running the files through PerfectTUNES, the files aren’t so perfect. Quite a few albums have a few tracks split off that appear as separate albums. How do I combine the wayward tracks into the file containing the majority of tracks (and not spend another 23 hours doing it)?

iTunes once had an easy merge feature, but I don’t see this in PerfectTUNES. Using the Duplicates feature does not accomplish the task. 

7 minutes ago, GJo said:

I ended up importing all the AIF versions of my library and gave up on FLAC. 

Album artwork is all there.

However, since running the files through PerfectTUNES, the files aren’t so perfect. Quite a few albums have a few tracks split off that appear as separate albums. How do I combine the wayward tracks into the file containing the majority of tracks (and not spend another 23 hours doing it)?

iTunes once had an easy merge feature, but I don’t see this in PerfectTUNES. Using the Duplicates feature does not accomplish the task. 

I'm doing something similar in Yate right now.  I just go through each offending album individually and make the corrections manually.  Just make sure that the tracks have the same artist, album artist, and album info.  And that the tracks are properly numbered.

I'm doing this is FLAC, AIFF, and DSD

I use Foobar2000 to tag all PCM files, whether flac, wav, aiff makes no difference. But you’d be doing it album-by-album, which is what you were trying to avoid.

Usually I check the tags on the files immediately after I rip them, before moving them to my N200. But I’ve opened the files and tagged them from within the N200, too.

Aurender N200 music server, Bryston BDA-3 DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature preamp, Bryston 4B3 power amp, and Diapason Adamantes III monitor speakers. Power cords from AudioQuest and Shunyata; interconnects from Silnote Audio.

19 minutes ago, NTWrong said:

I use Foobar2000 to tag all PCM files, whether flac, wav, aiff makes no difference. But you’d be doing it album-by-album, which is what you were trying to avoid.

Usually I check the tags on the files immediately after I rip them, before moving them to my N200. But I’ve opened the files and tagged them from within the N200, too.

Thanks.

I'm reaching the conclusion that the fastest and easiest way to eliminate this problem is to delete all the files in question and re-rip those CDs. 

Or, just search for them in Qobuz, mark as favorites, and stream them. 

15 hours ago, DancingSea said:

I'm doing something similar in Yate right now.  I just go through each offending album individually and make the corrections manually. 

I have reached out to Yate support with a question of how to use the application to fix my split album issue. Subject to the response, I may use Yate.

1 hour ago, GJo said:

I have reached out to Yate support with a question of how to use the application to fix my split album issue. Subject to the response, I may use Yate.

A file synchronization application is very helpful here. You make the changes in one folder and can review what the effect will be on the receiving folder before implementing the changes.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

2 hours ago, GJo said:

There may be automated ways to fix such things, I’m not sure.  I always do it manually.  For AIFF files, it’s easily done in iTunes (Music).   In iTunes Just CMD click both of the split albums, hit CMD-I ( for info), and type in the artist and album names to make sure all match.  Save. That’s it. 

2 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

There may be automated ways to fix such things, I’m not sure.  I always do it manually.  For AIFF files, it’s easily done in iTunes (Music).   In iTunes Just CMD click both of the split albums, hit CMD-I ( for info), and type in the artist and album names to make sure all match.  Save. That’s it. 

This morning I just opened a Finder window for the Aurender SSD folder and did drag-and-drops to collate the files into one folder for each split album. Deleted the empty folders and performed an Aurender Re-Scan. Seems to have worked.

48 minutes ago, GJo said:

This morning I just opened a Finder window for the Aurender SSD folder and did drag-and-drops to collate the files into one folder for each split album. Deleted the empty folders and performed an Aurender Re-Scan. Seems to have worked.

Hopefully @SirAtilla can help you rescue the FLAC album art. 

10 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

Hopefully @SirAtilla can help you rescue the FLAC album art. 

I have 97% album art in the AIFF files, so I’m pretty good. A few missing album art files PerfectTUNES is not able to correct. 

I’m not eager to attack FLAC. 

20 hours ago, GJo said:

Embed and Export Option.

I would either Embed or use exported folder.jpg I wouldn't do both.  In the case of both I think from memory the Aurender as an order of precedence uses embedded first.

Carlin "Rick" Smith

17 minutes ago, GJo said:

I have 97% album art in the AIFF files, so I’m pretty good. A few missing album art files PerfectTUNES is not able to correct. 

I’m not eager to attack FLAC. 

If it's working for you wouldn't worry about going to FLAC.  AIFF is fine.  If you ever become space constrained and want to save some space FLAC is a nice option and dBpoweramp can convert an entire library in batch mode should need arise.

Typically if PerfectTUNES can't find something the metadata being used to search needs to be tweaked.  Alternatively can use web search and find a jpg and manually add.  In incredibly rare cases I have had to scan the album cover to get it.

You can also manually manipulate the search by overriding the metadata being used from the files themselves - in the Fix window can type in lower left text box to alter search text being used.  See image and red rectangle for reference.

Screenshot2024-02-04at2_30_25PM.thumb.png.aeab5b4eeb6fa3f10481e047d4adce8c.png

Carlin "Rick" Smith

42 minutes ago, SirAtilla said:

If it's working for you wouldn't worry about going to FLAC.  AIFF is fine.  If you ever become space constrained and want to save some space FLAC is a nice option and dBpoweramp can convert an entire library in batch mode should need arise.

Typically if PerfectTUNES can't find something the metadata being used to search needs to be tweaked.  Alternatively can use web search and find a jpg and manually add.  In incredibly rare cases I have had to scan the album cover to get it.

You can also manually manipulate the search by overriding the metadata being used from the files themselves - in the Fix window can type in lower left text box to alter search text being used.  See image and red rectangle for reference.

Screenshot2024-02-04at2_30_25PM.thumb.png.aeab5b4eeb6fa3f10481e047d4adce8c.png

I used dbPoweramp to convert my AIFF files to FLAC a couple of years ago.

When I try to fix a few album artwork files, I get the following error message whether I try the automatic Fix, or try to replace manually with a .jpg downloaded onto my Mac.

Even though PerfectTUNES shows artwork for the album in question, the artwork does not appear in Conductor4.

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 12.11.45 PM.png

as another option for tagging and especially bulk tagging/ checking metadata etc….. 

I use Metadatics

Found it to be very intuitive and it has some useful batch/ bulk command export options that can be used if you need to do unusual stuff (as example I used it to automatically export files to a /GENRE sub folder…. Conductor uses that to generate quicktabs in the Conductor window on iPad)

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90