IGNORED

San Francisco get together

Holy guacamole !! What a get together !

Thank you David, Tim, Chris, Alex, & John + all the attendees for making a groovy time !!

Hopefully we'll get together again soon...

David

i7 quad core 2.6GHz Mac Mini w/ Mojo Audio linear PS > 4TB HDD > Schiit Yggy (currently) (Aqua La Scala II incoming) > Coindident Linestage > Wavac 805M > Coincident Pure Reference Extreme speakers (full loom High Fidelity cables)

All, thanks for coming and making the event a success. It was great putting faces with names, brings a human side to it. Good stuff. Thanks to Tim and Chris for pulling together the venue and sponsorship! Chris put together a great t-shirt for the attendees featuring the gentleman on the billboard on the main page. Definitely going to attract attention when we wear them out in public! Also a very nice café and good food.

I'd also like to thank John Swenson for sitting with me for nearly an hour and going through what it takes to bring a DAC from the back of a napkin, literally, into production. Also David for springing for my wine. Not necessary but very much appreciated.

A few of us will be forwarding pictures to Chris for uploading to the site. Chris if it is OK for us to post them ourselves please let us know.

Now for folks that could not attend we are looking to create a Bay Area group that meets something like quarterly to discuss audio, eat and drink and generally have a good time like we accomplished today. If you would like to participate please PM me with your contact information, e-mail address, and will add you to the list and we can get the ball rolling for maybe a midsummer event.

Again thanks to all and have a great remainder of your weekend.

David

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place". George Bernard Shaw.

Almost looks like Stillpoints behind the fruit platter!

You didn't get a quad ?? Tim & Chris were giving them away… tisk, tisk, haha...

i7 quad core 2.6GHz Mac Mini w/ Mojo Audio linear PS > 4TB HDD > Schiit Yggy (currently) (Aqua La Scala II incoming) > Coindident Linestage > Wavac 805M > Coincident Pure Reference Extreme speakers (full loom High Fidelity cables)

My thanks as well. Our hobby can be a bit isolating, particularly if you live off the beaten path, and these events are golden.

Nice to have the room to ourselves with the nice lunch -- thanks Tim. Chris was stalwart in spite of not feeling well at all.

Thanks for your work over the years and for coming out. David got this going and got it done. I hope this is the beginning of a long association.

Skip

My thanks as well to Chris, Tim and David (for attending, sponsoring and organizing). I only wish I could actually have met more of you there, I had a great conversation with everyone I did get a chance to talk to. Very much looking forward to more as it is great to put real faces and personalities alongside the web presences we all know and love. ;-))

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

Thank you, Chris.

I learned a good bit by sitting quietly and listening. Lots of knowledgeable people.

Main: sonicTransporter I5>etherRegen>opticalRendu/ghent/UltraCap 1.2> WireWorld Platinum>YGGY Atma-sphere MP-1 3.1> Hegel 30> Maggie 1.7, REL SE 212: Zero Autoformers, Interconnects , Analysis Plus Silver Oval-In, Nordost Heimdall, Power Cables: Synergistic./Shunyata>Chang Litespeed 

HT:Dish>OPPO>Marantz>Hegel> 3-Maggies/2-Quads>REL Gibraltar>Custom Wire loom>APS>Samsung Plasma 55"

Hi Guys - I got home late least night and am finally getting my things together. I'm going to put together a front page article about the event. Can everyone who took pictures please send them to me at chris @ computer audiophile . com ? Thanks!

P.S. Despite being very sick and more than half out-of-it I had a great time with everyone!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

So sorry I couldn't make it. I was in a fair bit of pain on Saturday, but have been okay since. Hope to hear reports from attendees and also hope there will be more of these in the future.

Dan

Mac Mini 5,1 [i5, 2.3 GHz, 8GB, Mavericks] w/ Roon -> Ethernet -> TP Link fiber conversion segment -> microRendu w/ LPS-1 -> Schiit Yggdrasil

It was great to meet you, Chris, and if you were sick, I didn't notice at all (though I did wonder why you weren't eating anything!). I wish I had gotten around to meeting and speaking with more people, but I was just so enthralled with the couple of guys I did meet that I stuck with them the entire time. I learned a lot and had a great time. HUGE thanks to you, David (Petaluma), and Tim M. for putting it all together, and I eagerly look forward to our next get-together!

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

It was a blast to meet a bunch of you folks and put faces to names and avatars. Many thanks to Tim Marutani and Chris for the great arrangements--and to David (petaluma) for inspiring the whole think in the first place.

And the t-shirt commemorating the event is very light and soft. My new favorite summertime sleep shirt.

Really, there is probably very little keeping these sorts of CA get-togethers from happening around the country. Time for one you east-coasters to take up the mantle and get something scheduled.

Best,

--Alex C.