IGNORED

San Francisco get together

Ok here we go. I am probably really really going to regret this... I am making a call out to all CA'ers in the Bay Area to see if they would like to take an afternoon or evening, weekend preferably, and get together for snacks and a few adult beverages at one of the SF watering holes. I would be happy to coordinate if there is any interest.....it might be "interesting" to meet face to face. Ground rules in advance:

1. No subjective/objective discussions

2. No weapons allowed, see rule # 1

What do Bay Area folks think? Or anyone else that would like to participate.

David

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place". George Bernard Shaw.

I'm in. It would be a lot of fun to associate real people with the personalities people have developed based on their contributions here.

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

Ok here we go. I am probably really really going to regret this... I am making a call out to all CA'ers in the Bay Area to see if they would like to take an afternoon or evening, weekend preferably, and get together for snacks and a few adult beverages at one of the SF watering holes. I would be happy to coordinate if there is any interest.....it might be "interesting" to meet face to face. Ground rules in advance:

1. No subjective/objective discussions

2. No weapons allowed, see rule # 1

What do Bay Area folks think? Or anyone else that would like to participate.

David

I live on the Peninsula, but might be interested as long as it wasn't a weeknight (even Fridays due to the traffic heading into the city after the workday ends). Saturday or Sunday; afternoon or evening would be fine with me.

George Graves

George

Looks like were getting some traction. I'm going to give it another 10 days or so to see how many more sign on and then put the details together. So far including myself we have 6 yeas/maybes. 1 of the 6 was a PM. I will say now that based on the initial feedback the weekend is the target and probably an afternoon.

Thanks for responding and lets see how many more we get.

David

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place". George Bernard Shaw.

Looks like were getting some traction. I'm going to give it another 10 days or so to see how many more sign on and then put the details together. So far including myself we have 6 yeas/maybes. 1 of the 6 was a PM. I will say now that based on the initial feedback the weekend is the target and probably an afternoon.

Thanks for responding and lets see how many more we get.

David

I would be in for a meet up too. Southern Pacific Brewing would be a good location in SF. It's within a 15 minute walk from the 16th St Bart station in the Mission. Parking is relatively easy nearby. They have plenty of tables and a balcony that is usually not too crowded on a Saturday afternoon.

Southern Pacific Brewing Co

Count me in. While I live in SoCal, I am in the Bay area frequently.

Chris

Headphones: ZMF Atrium Closed, ZMF Bokeh, Audeze LCD-X, Meze 109 Pro, Focal Clear Mg, Noble Katana IEMs, Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed
Amp/DAC: Decware MKIII Tube Amp, ZMF Homage, Schiit Bifrost 2/64, Woo Audio WA8, Burston Playmate 2, Mytek DSD192 DAC, Cayin RU7, Chord Mojo, Fiio M11 Plus DAP
Cables: Promitheus XLR Interconnects, WyWired red cables, Meze Silver, ZMF 6.35 ofc and 4 pin xlr stock, Arctic Cable, Audio Envy Cable balanced, balanced Silver Interconnects
Other: Aurender N100H, Macbook Pro (2023) running Audirvana Studio

I'm in the East Bay, Orinda. Would be interested, depending on the date.

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

I probably can make it.

If you don't mind my offering a suggestion, I think it would be nice to pick a place quiet enough that people at opposite ends of a table can hear each other easily.

Is that true of the balcony at Southern Pacific Brewing?

If you can't think of a quiet bar or eatery, would a park with picnic tables be an agreeable alternative?

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Ok were at a bakers dozen for potentials to attend the SF CA happening. Its rolling baby! Also I would like to propose the following dates for the get together. Whichever date comes back with the most possible attendees is what we run with.

Saturday April 18th 3:00 - 6:00

Saturday April 25th 3:00 - 6:00

Saturday May 2nd 3:00 - 6:00

Please get back to me and I will post the most favored date.

Thanks

David

Ok were at a bakers dozen for potentials to attend the SF CA happening. Its rolling baby! Also I would like to propose the following dates for the get together. Whichever date comes back with the most possible attendees is what we run with.

Saturday April 18th 3:00 - 6:00

Saturday April 25th 3:00 - 6:00

Saturday May 2nd 3:00 - 6:00

Please get back to me and I will post the most favored date.

Thanks

David

April 18 and 25 work for me, but not May 2. Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

I'd love to come to this.. almost consider flying over.. Wap.

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

^ Can we meet half way in Hawaii? (half hearted attempt.. I obviously don't think this is possible) :)

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

I probably can make it.

If you don't mind my offering a suggestion, I think it would be nice to pick a place quiet enough that people at opposite ends of a table can hear each other easily.

Is that true of the balcony at Southern Pacific Brewing?

If you can't think of a quiet bar or eatery, would a park with picnic tables be an agreeable alternative?

Hi Bob. All suggestions are welcome! I'd like to think I know everything but as I get older it becomes painfully obvious I pretty much do not....:)

Will take a look at a few location options. Agree that we need to be a "reasonably" environment for discussions and possible guest speakers.

Thanks

David

^ Can we meet half way in Hawaii? (half hearted attempt.. I obviously don't think this is possible) :)

If I could figure out how to write the trip off on my tax return I'd be in....:)

How about the Ferry Bldg? It has numerous outdoor tables and a wide choice of food/drink vendors.

However, I don't know how hard it is to find parking on weekends and how much it costs.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7