IGNORED

San Francisco get together

Plans for this get together are getting better and better!

I'd love to attend.

Thanks all!

velasqte, you are on the list. Should be good fun!

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place". George Bernard Shaw.

I am all in. Sounds amazing.

John

John thanks for getting back to us. I'm really excited. According to what I have read Studio C at the facility was basically built for CCR.......Wow. Those guys were not bad musicians...:)

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place". George Bernard Shaw.

Count me in!

Headphones: ZMF Atrium Closed, ZMF Bokeh, Audeze LCD-X, Meze 109 Pro, Focal Clear Mg, Noble Katana IEMs, Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed
Amp/DAC: Decware MKIII Tube Amp, ZMF Homage, Schiit Bifrost 2/64, Woo Audio WA8, Burston Playmate 2, Mytek DSD192 DAC, Cayin RU7, Chord Mojo, Fiio M11 Plus DAP
Cables: Promitheus XLR Interconnects, WyWired red cables, Meze Silver, ZMF 6.35 ofc and 4 pin xlr stock, Arctic Cable, Audio Envy Cable balanced, balanced Silver Interconnects
Other: Aurender N100H, Macbook Pro (2023) running Audirvana Studio

Count me in!

cgiammona, Irvine ehhh? I grew up in So Cal. I think the trip will be worth it! Thanks for getting back to us.

Looks like I will be able to join you all after all. Will be great to meet so many of you in person. The concert I was going to is being repeated on Sunday and I can switch tickets.

My consultant called me yesterday about the gathering. He will be sponsoring it, as he did the CA Symposium 5+ years ago at the same venue. I'm sure Chris will give the details.

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

Well that is very generous of Tim to do so. Chris made mention of this earlier in the thread, depending on final outcomes at the time. Glad you will be able to make it.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Didn't think Chris mentioned Tim by name.:-) It was at the CA Symposium that I got started with my ripping project that has occupied most of the past five years of my life!

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

You are correct Larry, my sentence was poorly phrased, he intended to reveal said sponsor based upon acceptance of the proposal.

BTW, is your ripping project complete, or still many albums left to do? My year of ripping and tagging of CD/SACD is complete, that was hard enough...;)

Barr

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Here is the confirmed attendee list as of 3/15:

Chris C, Superdad, Sdoszalek, bplexico, skolis, russel_l, freddiejohn, tne, John Swenson, Dan Rubin, skip pack, denibas, Petaluma, wgscott, bmoura, velasqte, jbparrish, cgiammona, astrotoy - 19 total

If I missed anyone please let me know.

Waiting for re-confirmations from:

audio6

Bob Stern

gmgraves

djn04

I'd like to if possible start to utilize first names with the posts and prepare name tags as we get closer to the event. if anyone has an issue with that please let me know. I would not think that is a problem, if you show up we KNOW who you are....:)

All other CA'ers the event is still open, well until Chris says no more, so if you would like to attend please let us know.

Ciao

David

I look forward to attending.

(Sorry for delayed response.)

Bob,

Thanks for getting back to us. Look forward to seeing you there.

You are correct Larry, my sentence was poorly phrased, he intended to reveal said sponsor based upon acceptance of the proposal.

BTW, is your ripping project complete, or still many albums left to do? My year of ripping and tagging of CD/SACD is complete, that was hard enough...;)

Barr

Thanks, the light is at the end of the tunnel. My best estimate is about 4-6 months. I will have done slightly over 10,000 albums (90+ vinyl and the rest R2R tapes) over 5 years!

Larry

How far is this event from San Fran International Airport? Both in distance. And travel time on a Sat. Cheers

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

How far is this event from San Fran International Airport? Both in distance. And travel time on a Sat. Cheers

It is about 25 miles and 35-40 minutes (unless there are traffic and construction problems). Saturday morning should not be problematic.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

It is about 25 miles and 35-40 minutes (unless there are traffic and construction problems). Saturday morning should not be problematic.

If you are renting a car, it can take 30 minutes to get out to the rental area. Taxis are faster and much more expensive. BART is pretty fast (you have to take the shuttle train to the international terminal) and someone could pick you up at the MacArthur BART station (on the SFO to Baypoint line, so no change of trains necessary). If someone is coming from the Peninsula, they might even be able to pick you up.

Larry

Here is the confirmed attendee list as of 3/15:

Chris C, Superdad, Sdoszalek, bplexico, skolis, russel_l, freddiejohn, tne, John Swenson, Dan Rubin, skip pack, denibas, Petaluma, wgscott, bmoura, velasqte, jbparrish, cgiammona, astrotoy - 19 total

If I missed anyone please let me know.

Waiting for re-confirmations from:

audio6

Bob Stern

gmgraves

djn04

I'd like to if possible start to utilize first names with the posts and prepare name tags as we get closer to the event. if anyone has an issue with that please let me know. I would not think that is a problem, if you show up we KNOW who you are....:)

All other CA'ers the event is still open, well until Chris says no more, so if you would like to attend please let us know.

Ciao

David

Please add me to the list of those attending.

Thanks,

Dave

Please add me to the list of those attending.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave, thanks for getting back to us. Was going to PM you in the next few days...:)

See you there.

David

Oakland International Airport (OAK) would be half the distance.

Both airports have shuttle connections to the BART.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7