IGNORED

Article: The Computer Audiophile 100 Playlist

Chris,

This is great. I am a Tidal subscriber. When I type Computer Audiophile 100 in the search area nothing shows up. How do I find it without using your link?

Bernard

You two men go that way...

QNAP TS-131P->2019 Mac Mini-> -> dCS BArtok  -> balanced XLR -> Nagra MPA ->Shunyata Research cables and Hydra 6 -> Acapella La Campanella 2 horn speakers and REL R-328 SubBase. HiFi Rack Reference audio stand.

To search for Computer Audiophile 100 from the Tidal player, look in the upper left hand corner of the home page for "PLAYLISTS". Click on that to go to the Playlists page, which has a "PLAYLIST SEARCH" function in the middle of the window (The regular search function in the upper right hand corner of the window doesn't work for playlist searches.)

Newbie Since 2/2015.  Audirvana/Roon > Mid-2010 Mac Mini  > USB > AQ Jitterbug > Chord Electronics Mojo > Naim NAP160 power amplifier > Naim NACA5  > Spendor SP2/3r + stereo REL subs.  

To search for Computer Audiophile 100 from the Tidal player, look in the upper left hand corner of the home page for "PLAYLISTS". Click on that to go to the Playlists page, which has a "PLAYLIST SEARCH" function in the middle of the window (The regular search function in the upper right hand corner of the window doesn't work for playlist searches.)

I just tried... still nothing. Please see screenshot.

thxScreen Shot 2015-03-12 at 5.20.41 PM.png

You two men go that way...

QNAP TS-131P->2019 Mac Mini-> -> dCS BArtok  -> balanced XLR -> Nagra MPA ->Shunyata Research cables and Hydra 6 -> Acapella La Campanella 2 horn speakers and REL R-328 SubBase. HiFi Rack Reference audio stand.

I tried to get to this playlist (yes I do have a subscription) and experienced similar issues. The normal search text box does not function as we expect (as stated).

I did eventually get to the Playlist by searching on just "computer" as for some weird reason that is what it is called. Another weird thing, there are no longer 100 songs, more like 90 or so. Maybe some have been removed.

Barry_Fl

I tried to get to this playlist (yes I do have a subscription) and experienced similar issues. The normal search text box does not function as we expect (as stated).

I did eventually get to the Playlist by searching on just "computer" as for some weird reason that is what it is called. Another weird thing, there are no longer 100 songs, more like 90 or so. Maybe some have been removed.

That's really odd. When I look at the playlist I created it has all 100 tracks. When I search for the "computer" playlist it has only 91 tracks. I think the TIDAL guys re-created this list but for some reason it's unfinished.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Link worked, signed in to Tidal, bliss... great playlist, Thanks!

1.AsusROG750SSD/JRiver22>LightHarmonics-LightspeedUSB> PSAudioDSD+Huron/AnalysisPlus PowerOval10+ AnalysisPlus Solo Crystal In's >PASS Labs HPA-1 headphone amp-AnalysisPlus UltimatePowerCord/BlackDragonV2-AudezeLCD-X

First of all, my compliments for taking the initiative and making such a list.

I had a listen, and not a single list on your top 100 would be in mine, but that's life :)

Volumio (with PEQ) on RPi4, Khadas Tone Board DAC, Luxman L-230 amp, Rega RS5 speakers

Now you have me curious. Tell us what your playlist would be. Others should do the same!

I would be happy to, but I don't have a Tidal account so I don't know an easy way to do it.

Volumio (with PEQ) on RPi4, Khadas Tone Board DAC, Luxman L-230 amp, Rega RS5 speakers

Thanks Chris, great list. Tidal is terrific. I am playing it through the Aurender x100, couldn't be easier. I am slightly depressed, thinking about all the time I spent ripping 4000 CDs... Now it's all available online!

Weyskipper[br]WD2TB->MacMini 2010 HDMI (Amarra Mini)-> FireWire -> Weiss DAC202 -> Nordost Valhalla ->Audio Research Ref 5-> Krell 403 -> Nordost Valhalla -> Wilson Watt Puppy 8. Power: Nordost VH, Quantum QX4, Nordost Thor[br]AV: Oppo BD95 / MacMini -> HMDI -> Krell S1200 -> Audio Research (Processor Bypass).

Thanks Chris!

Great playlust- thank you for taking the time to create & share it!

Best Stereo System: Wired Sonos Connect -> AQ Cinammon Digital Coax -> Marantz SA-8005 -> AA Black Momba 2 interconnects -> Marantz PM-15S2 -> Kimber 8TC speaker Cables -> Zu Soul Superfly speakers.

Ingest> NAS> Distribution: Sony Vaio Laptop ripping via ITunes to Apple Lossless, manually synced to WD Mycloud NAS, Linksys 1900AC Router, Netgear Gig E switch, generic Ethernet cables, TPLinc ethernet power line extenders.

My DAC shows 176.4K sample rate on the first few of these songs. (Great diversified list by the way :) )

Does that equate to HI-FI in Tidal-speak?

I am using the Daphile server and ickStream to run Tidal so I don't have an "indicator" that shows up in the web app.

Thanks for sharing!

My DAC shows 176.4K sample rate on the first few of these songs. (Great diversified list by the way :) )

Does that equate to HI-FI in Tidal-speak?

I am using the Daphile server and ickStream to run Tidal so I don't have an "indicator" that shows up in the web app.

Thanks for sharing!

The sample rate should be 44.1 kHz.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I thought that looked odd.

Turns out I had PCM resampling: set to Max synchronous rate instead of Only if native rate not supported

I set that back and now 44.1KHz shows on the DAC.

I think I changed that when looking at all the different Daphile player options and forgot to set it back.

You can also change it to Max sample rate

Thanks for the clarification.

• 2 weeks later...

great list but you can't hear it in TIDAL HiFi as of this date Easter Sunday 2015 because HiFi is 'grayed out' and only lossy/mp3 SQ is available even if you are paying 19.99$/month for 'lossless'//altho the non-HiFi SQ is pretty decent maybe 9.99$ is the way to go

What did TIDAL do to wipe out HiFi on their web player and make the mac desktop player get desparacido'd?

How can one receive their "LOSSLESS" streaming service

bobbmd

Bobbmd, nothing has changed. Anyone can get the CA 100 playlist in HiFi if they use the Chrome web player on various OS's (including MAC). Nothing changed as of Easter 2015. Playing it right now. HiFi is showing.

great list but you can't hear it in TIDAL HiFi as of this date Easter Sunday 2015 because HiFi is 'grayed out' and only lossy/mp3 SQ is available even if you are paying 19.99$/month for 'lossless'//altho the non-HiFi SQ is pretty decent maybe 9.99$ is the way to go

What did TIDAL do to wipe out HiFi on their web player and make the mac desktop player get desparacido'd?

How can one receive their "LOSSLESS" streaming service

bobbmd

HIFI is only available using Chrome with the web player. This is how I do it. HIFI is not available using IE or Firefox.

I believe the instructions tell you this.

Or I believe you can download the Tidal application player, not using any web browser, and that will give you HIFI.

Bobbmd, nothing has changed. Anyone can get the CA 100 playlist in HiFi if they use the Chrome web player on various OS's (including MAC). Nothing changed as of Easter 2015. Playing it right now. HiFi is showing.

ted_b: thanks- i do use google chrome always have and on both the desktop app for my mac mini and the newer,bigger web browser page the HiFi is grayed out this was not the case in jan,feb early march when th HiFi symbol was red

i am listening to th'100' right now on the chrome Tidal web browser and its sounds very good but not as good as when i switch to Qobuz in lossless flac to listen to other music

i have written 5 'tickets' to TIDAL all i get are nonhuman responses except one from a COLIN giving me 30days for free but still no HiFi

thanks for the reply tho