IGNORED

Article: The Computer Audiophile 100 Playlist

ted_b: thanks- i do use google chrome always have and on both the desktop app for my mac mini and the newer,bigger web browser page the HiFi is grayed out this was not the case in jan,feb early march when th HiFi symbol was red

i am listening to th'100' right now on the chrome Tidal web browser and its sounds very good but not as good as when i switch to Qobuz in lossless flac to listen to other music

i have written 5 'tickets' to TIDAL all i get are nonhuman responses except one from a COLIN giving me 30days for free but still no HiFi

thanks for the reply tho

Hi bob - I've never seen the word HiFi illuminated red. When I'm playing this playlist the HiFi is illuminated white. When I stop playing the HiFi goes back to gray. See below.

tidal-hifi.png

tidal-not-hifi.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris- I meant 'white' sorry(what turns red briefly is forward and next play buttons). NOW what about this web browser that i now suddenly have in addition to the mac desktop app? AND why did TIDAL tell me to install NativeClient, i had never heard of it, have always used google chrome as my browser and i had HIFI all these months on the desktop app in 'white' never grayed out?

I went to google://plugins and found that NativeClient is imbedded in chrome so I disabled it and enabled it and suddenly I now have HIFI in both apps and i never lost Qobuz HIFI at all.

Have anyone else had this problem and do you all have this 'new' bigger brighter web page for TIDAL web browser app?

I am now listening to your CA 100 and it sounds beautiful.

Isn't it strange this all happened after the Jay-Z etal. news conference, it took about 7-8 emails to TIDAL to get this figured out but i did get a 30day free complimentary service when i explained to them I was a so called VIP original subscriber

thanks for your reply

bobbmd

• 1 month later...

I can understand the use of a quality service like TIDAL, but am not going to be a subscriber any time soon. Id rather spend my $240 a year on something more tangible. TIDAL is trying to squeeze every last cent from anyone who listens and in a market saturated with a vast amount of free options. It reminds me of long distance charges years ago.

Sorry for the rant, The list is very enjoyable, I'm sure it would be better listening to whole tracks instead of the less than 30 second clips.

I can understand the use of a quality service like TIDAL, but am not going to be a subscriber any time soon. Id rather spend my $240 a year on something more tangible. TIDAL is trying to squeeze every last cent from anyone who listens and in a market saturated with a vast amount of free options. It reminds me of long distance charges years ago.

Sorry for the rant, The list is very enjoyable, I'm sure it would be better listening to whole tracks instead of the less than 30 second clips.

Hi damuffin - I recommend reading this post from Jack White about TIDAL.

Jack White Responds to Fans with TIDAL Questions

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 year later...

Chris,

Wonderful list on TIDAL. I was listening to your list to discover some new music Along the way, I also found out how good my new KEF 300XA desktop speakers are. I cannot wait to listen to this list on a big rig system (future purchase).

Hope you do another list.

BTW - I read some negative TIFAL comments here. I love TIDAL my only concern is that they are around long term. ROON + TIDAL + SONARE microRendu are an incredible combination.

I wasn't aware of this playlist until I was perusing the activity stream for today. Anyone know of a way to play it through Audirvana?

Mac Mini (mid 2010) Yosemite, Audirvana Plus v 3.0 > Mapleshade ClearLink Plus USB > UpTone REGEN (Amber) w/LPS-1 > Peachtree nova150 > PSB Imagine T / REL R328 and so on...

If you have tidal via audirvana yes it should work. Add it to your favorites online and then find it in audirvana. I did this today with lumin.

Thanks, I tried that and can get the playlist to show up on the Tidal app on other devices, as well as Sonos, but not Audirvana (though it does display other playlists I've favorited). I also cannot locate it using the search feature through Audirvana. Tidal is relatively new to Audirvana, likely just a little bug Damien needs to work out… It does look like a good playlist though. I guess I'll just have to settle for Sonos for now.

Mac Mini (mid 2010) Yosemite, Audirvana Plus v 3.0 > Mapleshade ClearLink Plus USB > UpTone REGEN (Amber) w/LPS-1 > Peachtree nova150 > PSB Imagine T / REL R328 and so on...

• 3 months later...