IGNORED

Article: The TIDAL HIFI Revolution Starts Today

I have had a nightmare trying to get Tidal today. They sent me a VIP (30 day trial with cc info) email but when I attempted to re-read the details after registering they told me I am already registered and could then do nothing. They sent me two more emails that were basically "why haven't you finished the process" and I kept trying to tell them via reply emails. Now they have my latest rant (finally got through and they reduced my offer to standard 7 day) in their ticket system. Not impressed so far but they have more issues than me on this first day (nor am I hyped about spending $20/mo but that's me; I have typically used these services for purchase previews so I need to change my approach if I am to justify the $$ ..).

I get a signup page saying enter email and will notify you when tidal comes to your country. I am in US...sounds like they need to iron out the bugs.

Music after life

Interesting service. The IOS client is one of the best I've seen. Good SQ. Now if they would just integrate it with SONOS it would be a better value proposition for those of us with SONOS systems.

I've been using it on my Sonos for some time. If you don't see it as a Sonos app, I'm sure it will be there soon.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Can anyone tell me what the bandwidth requirement is for Tidal to play smoothly at full res?

My rural DSL maxes out at about 4.5Mbps (and that's if none of our kids are home hogging it with Netflix or YouTube).

You should be OK. Full WAV files are 1.411 Mbps. TIDAL uses FLAC and squeezes this down 20-50% frequently.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I get a signup page saying enter email and will notify you when tidal comes to your country. I am in US...sounds like they need to iron out the bugs.

I get the same thing. Have tried to contact Tidal. Best I got was a form email, with no solution. Oh well. Please post if you find an answer to this issue.

I have looked for a Tidal Squeezebox app on mysqueezebox.com and didn't find it. Any word on if it will be added? I have been using WiMP (singed up via vpn) and it works beautifully with squeezebox Touch. I would love to have the slightly cheaper US version for which I would be able to read all of the editorial commentary (I currently see it in German.) But, I am reluctant to give up the Squeezebox compatibility.

i suspect there will be a 3rd party plugin, rather than an app.

How about streaming from your i-device to an Airport Express connected to your dac via Toslink?

Works great for me.

Thank you.

Main: sonicTransporter I5>etherRegen>opticalRendu/ghent/UltraCap 1.2> WireWorld Platinum>YGGY Atma-sphere MP-1 3.1> Hegel 30> Maggie 1.7, REL SE 212: Zero Autoformers, Interconnects , Analysis Plus Silver Oval-In, Nordost Heimdall, Power Cables: Synergistic./Shunyata>Chang Litespeed 

HT:Dish>OPPO>Marantz>Hegel> 3-Maggies/2-Quads>REL Gibraltar>Custom Wire loom>APS>Samsung Plasma 55"

To Chris: Thank you.

Main: sonicTransporter I5>etherRegen>opticalRendu/ghent/UltraCap 1.2> WireWorld Platinum>YGGY Atma-sphere MP-1 3.1> Hegel 30> Maggie 1.7, REL SE 212: Zero Autoformers, Interconnects , Analysis Plus Silver Oval-In, Nordost Heimdall, Power Cables: Synergistic./Shunyata>Chang Litespeed 

HT:Dish>OPPO>Marantz>Hegel> 3-Maggies/2-Quads>REL Gibraltar>Custom Wire loom>APS>Samsung Plasma 55"

I get the same thing. Have tried to contact Tidal. Best I got was a form email, with no solution. Oh well. Please post if you find an answer to this issue.

You should try the following link: TIDAL · High Fidelity Music Streaming. It works for me even from another country (not US or UK).

Walcascar[br]My system: Mac Mini > Exasound e22 (digital) > VPI Classic 3 (analog) > McIntosh C50 preamp & McIntosh MC302 amp > B&W Nautilus 802D (Cables: All Cardas)

I signed up today and was really enjoying the sound earlier this morning. Now I'm stuck with no sound and the message at the top of the screen of "Track not valid" each time I select something to play. Has anyone else had this happen and were you able to get the music to start again?

You should try the following link: TIDAL · High Fidelity Music Streaming.

It works for me even from another country (not US or UK).

Walcascar[br]My system: Mac Mini > Exasound e22 (digital) > VPI Classic 3 (analog) > McIntosh C50 preamp & McIntosh MC302 amp > B&W Nautilus 802D (Cables: All Cardas)

I signed up today and was really enjoying the sound earlier this morning. Now I'm stuck with no sound and the message at the top of the screen of "Track not valid" each time I select something to play. Has anyone else had this happen and were you able to get the music to start again?

Guess I should add I was playing using the mac app on my mini and my dac

How to use ASIO from Tidal player for Windows Users:

Like many here I use a dual PC setup with JRMC 19 and JPLAY with control PC and Audio PC. I have been able to test (on my laptop at least) the following configuration with the Tidal app being able to stream via ASIO out to JPLAY. Here is how:

1) Download (it is a payed tool) WDM ASIO Link or the WDM ASIO Link Pro (WDM ASIO Link Driver Pro - Linking Windows Audio to ASIO and the network)

2) Install the Tidal App

3) Select the virtual WDM audiocard installed by the WDM ASIO Link (it will install 4 virtual devices)

4) Within the ASIO control panel for (ASIO Link Pro) you will be able to select your output device - in my case JPLAY (already configured). I have also tested going direct ASIO out to my GeekOut and this works, as well as the JRiver Virtual ASIO driver.

5) detailed instructions are available here: http://midithru.net/Content/The%20WDM%20Asio%20Link%20Driver%20v2.1.pdf

Tonight (time permitting) I will try at home with my dualPC setup

Guess I should add I was playing using the mac app on my mini and my dac

Same problem here also. Have 2010 Mac Mini (Maverick) and attempted to connect by choosing my Esoteric K-03 in preference settings. Then chose my Bel Canto RefLink in preferences and received the same message when choosing to play a track. In either case, the DAC is not making a handshake with the Tidal program, as the LED in the DAC continues to blink waiting for a signal.

Plays just fine after downloading the Tidal app to my iPhone.

Music Server Operating System: 2010 Mac Mini OS X 10.9.5 (Maverick); Preferred Digital Interface(s): USB, FireWire, S/PDIF Coaxial (RCA); Digital to Analog Converter(s): Esoteric K-03; Esoteric DV50S, Bel Canto RefLink; Preamplifier: Rowland Synergy IIi, Class'e SSP-800; Amplifier(s); Rowland M312, Bryston 6BSST; Loudspeakers: Avalon Indra's, B&W Signature 805's, Kharma Ceramique Center, Kharma Ceramique Sub; Miscellaneous: Amarra 4.2, OWC Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 HDD (12TB)

I'm having the problem with the standalone app but *not* with the web player (in Chrome) - listening now.

Probably teething pains.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I'm having the problem with the standalone app but *not* with the web player (in Chrome) - listening now.

Probably teething pains.

I sent an email to Tidal support just before I brought it up here. I just heard back from Colin at Tidal telling me it was a system problem that was now fixed and that I should restart and try it again. Sure enough I'm back up and running with the desktop app on my mac through my dac. I'm impressed with the quick turnaround to my problem. Nice job Tidal!

Music is sounding great again!

I sent an email to Tidal support just before I brought it up here. I just heard back from Colin at Tidal telling me it was a system problem that was now fixed and that I should restart and try it again. Sure enough I'm back up and running with the desktop app on my mac through my dac. I'm impressed with the quick turnaround to my problem. Nice job Tidal!

Music is sounding great again!

If you had something to do with the fix..kudos! Looks like they figured out that some with OSX had to update their Adobe Flash Player to connect properly. When I went back to re-launch and chose a track to play, a window popped up asking me to upgrade Flash Player. All is good now. Have already began comparing to identical 96K tracks from HD Tracks for SQ. Should be interesting.

Music Server Operating System: 2010 Mac Mini OS X 10.9.5 (Maverick); Preferred Digital Interface(s): USB, FireWire, S/PDIF Coaxial (RCA); Digital to Analog Converter(s): Esoteric K-03; Esoteric DV50S, Bel Canto RefLink; Preamplifier: Rowland Synergy IIi, Class'e SSP-800; Amplifier(s); Rowland M312, Bryston 6BSST; Loudspeakers: Avalon Indra's, B&W Signature 805's, Kharma Ceramique Center, Kharma Ceramique Sub; Miscellaneous: Amarra 4.2, OWC Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 HDD (12TB)