IGNORED

Article: The TIDAL HIFI Revolution Starts Today

Per the Tidal FAQs, the Hifi (best quality) option is not available in the Tidal computer streaming app.

So if you are expecting Tidal to sound close to a ripped CD or downloaded FLAC file, that is a bit unrealistic. Especially if you are improving the sound of the audio files on your computer with a product like Pure Music.

I have not figured out how to stream from the Tidal computer app and run the file through Pure Music.

I am satisfied running Tidal HiFi files through an iPhone 6 Plus with an external DAC (Resonessence Herus) using Sennheiser 590 headphones or the new Cardas IEMs.

I create playlists by artists and you can add entire albums with a few clicks. Way faster than ripping CDs.

I also have pretty goods results with the iPhone 6+ and Tidal hifi files using Airplay running through Apple TV, Anedio D2 DAC, Spectron Musicians III mk2 amp and EgglestonWorks The Nines speakers with quality cables.

Kent

San Francisco

How is that?..i see the HIFI image when playing music via the Tidal app on my computer.

Music after life

The problem with TIDAL is my age and geographical location. I've never heard of 75-80% of the music "artists". ;)

I did search and add about 50+ favorite artists and albums. :)

Source: TIDAL HiFi/Masters, Pandora One > iPeng 9.2.1 on iPhone6s/iPad

Great Room: SBT#1 > Cullen Coax > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy cables > Martin Logan (ML) 200Wpc Purity.

SBT#2 >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.

Garage: SBT3 > Audioquest TOS > Wyred mINT > Cullen Cables > Martin Logan Motion 12

Carry Anywhere: TIDAL/Pandora >iPhone 6s > Bose Mini Bluetooth speaker.

I am sad to say that I just canceled my Tidal subscription. I just don't think they are ready for prime time. I found the Windows Desktop App to be completely unusable. The Chrome Web Player App was better but I had streaming problems at times with it as well. The worst and final straw was the music quality. I lot of what I listened to was not Hi-Fi. It was showing as Hi-Fi but when I would look at the incoming data stream it was not sufficient for lossless CD quality Flac. Even when it really was coming in as CD quality lossless Flac, it many times sounded flat, dull and lifeless to me. Some albums were very good but that was not usually the case. It may be that the music that I wanted to listen to was not provided to Tidal in very good quality to start with but I did not want to pay for hit or miss music quality and put up with the streaming issues. I had such high hopes for this. I really hope they are to get this thing working right so I can come back.