IGNORED

Funding? making SACD ripping available through USB!

Hello Mr Wicked. I have just stumbled into this thread. Did you manage to produce the drives? Can they still be ordered and what would be the delivery time?

sacd-ripper

blog occasionally updated. No production yet, apparently it is getting closer.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I'm in. I have a PS3 I rip with, but this sounds like a fun project.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

count me in, all my PS3's have died gradually over the years :-(

my Dad just gave me his Denon DVD-2910 SACD player to tide me over, I only have about 200 SACD's, mostly 2 channel, and these are the only discs I have not ripped - YET -

congrats on the new addition to the family Mr Wicked :-) :-)

Hello,

I heard about the project @ audiocircle (thanks ted) and am interested!

I already have a PS3 that's setup for ripping (thanks Mr Wicked), so wonder whether you plan on making a DIY chassis available so that those already in possession of a suitable drive can simply pop it into a case and connect it to a computer via USB.

I live in the UK, so shipping an enclosure with everything except the optical drive seems better than shipping an entire unit what with import VAT and unpredictable parcel treatment en route.

Is this a possible and likely option?

Derek

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Spock:

From the first post. And it should still work.

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II