IGNORED

Funding? making SACD ripping available through USB!

Mr. Wicked, on the spreadsheet listing those who've signed up, you may want to change/delete the calculation at the top. It now shows negative 38 "more" to go.

And there are a few duplicates in the list - mine was one... sorry :(

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

I know it'll be a while coming, but it's really going to be nice to have this convenience at home :-) I SACDs are a pain in the ass and I really can't justify spending any more on a player when I'm this committed to computer based playback. If I could have all of that in one place for the small price of my time in ripping my discs to the PC, that's nothing.

So, now I'm #190, I wonder what that means?

Mr W has requested some helping hands in his latest post -

sacd-ripper

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

I thought Berkeley was a PCM only dac?

Regardless, convert the DSD offline to e.g. 24/176.4 PCM with e.g. DSDMaster (currently best-sounding tool for the purpose), isn't that what Berkeley (a friend uses Berkley) recommends doing anyhow? Given the alternative would be to listen to the redbook layer…

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

I have several SACD waiting to be heard on my New DAC, Berkeley Reference, but without ripping them...it's impossible!

It is actually possible, with a Blu-ray/SACD player and a HDMI de-embedder. Depending on the configuration, there will be a 24/176 or 24/88 PCM signal coming out of the S/PDIF output of the de-embedder, which can be fed into any DAC.

Claude

It is actually possible, with a Blu-ray/SACD player and a HDMI de-embedder. Depending on the configuration, there will be a 24/176 or 24/88 PCM signal coming out of the S/PDIF output of the de-embedder, which can be fed into any DAC.

An audiophile friend of mine has an Oppo with an output board that does that, and it works just fine. Offline conversion (not any offline conversion, but of a quality that takes too long to do on the fly) results in better sound, tough. And it's cheap (unless time is money).

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

Not sure.

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Where are all the PS3 SACD drives coming from?

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra