IGNORED

Audirvana + 2.0

juliocat

????? I guess I missed something...

No, you didn't miss anything. :)

If anyone has any idea how to resolve the buffering pause this would be appreciated. Hopefully there is a software resolution and I will not need to hardwire my mini to NAS via ethernet. I am sure if the first initial buffer was 25-50% longer the rest of the track would have loaded by the time that point is reached in the track playback.

Is this suggestion from other users something that might help?

I had the sample-rate switching problem and found that following copy_of_a's suggestion to enable switch latency and set in a couple of seconds in the pull-down window completely solved my problem. I'd much rather do this than forgo Direct Mode. Might be worth a try.

Steve Z

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi guys, yesterday i trialled 2.0 on my imac (older version of Audirvana on mac mini) to test. I added the music folder with the + button and it synced almost instantly. Very good! All my music file is stored on a NAS (in the music folder of my current iTunes setup). I think this isn't autosyncing as this is not a 'internal volume'. Correct? Furthermore, Audirvana creates a file (I think with the indexation/ syncing info). Where do you store this? For now, I stored it also on the NAS but do not know the consequences in terms of file size, reaction time compared to storing on the HD of the computer itself.

Hi,

You're right, the auto-sync is only for direct connected disk. NAS is only manual-sync. See the user guide about this. But it works. You can add new files into the NAS and clic on the manual-sync to let Audirvana to add the indexation of this file into the index library

egarding the Audirvana index library, it better to let it in the faster place. Internal disk access is faster than Nas access, soo let the Audirvana library in the internal disk

Hi,

You're right, the auto-sync is only for direct connected disk. NAS is only manual-sync. See the user guide about this. But it works. You can add new files into the NAS and clic on the manual-sync to let Audirvana to add the indexation of this file into the index library

Not so bad once you get used to it...

On another note, I can add album art to a DSDIFF file?!?! And it embeds it in the actual file?!?!

Seems to work, and A+ 2.0 rewrites the file. Does A+ alter the .DFF in any way that would pose a problem elsewhere? Because I would be happy to use my existing DFF files rather than convert all to .DST. I don't need the advanced fields beyond Track Name, Artist, Album and artwork. I could live with that.

DE.

2011 Mac Mini (16GB RAM) --> Audirvana Plus --> M2Tech HiFace2 --> Emotiva XDA-1 DAC --> B&K Reference 31 --> B&K 2140 (2-channel) + B&K 3140 (3-channel) --> Energy RC-30 Reference Connoisseur (Mains) + Energy RC-10 (Surrounds)

Not so bad once you get used to it...

On another note, I can add album art to a DSDIFF file?!?! And it embeds it in the actual file?!?!

Seems to work, and A+ 2.0 rewrites the file. Does A+ alter the .DFF in any way that would pose a problem elsewhere? Because I would be happy to use my existing DFF files rather than convert all to .DST. I don't need the advanced fields beyond Track Name, Artist, Album and artwork. I could live with that.

DE.

DE.

I have some DFF files I imported them to A2 and because my DAC is not a DSD DAC A2 play them anyway but at 24/88

I changed some metadata as a test including artwork and saved the file.. moved the file to another folder. (Out of the library). A2 synchronized the library.. the file is gone in A2.. re-imported the folder back to A2 library and A2 auto sync the folder and the metadata is intact.. The file show all the changes that i made..Not sure if this answers your question..

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

DE.

I have some DFF files I imported them to A2 and because my DAC is not a DSD DAC A2 play them anyway but at 24/88

I changed some metadata as a test including artwork and saved the file.. moved the file to another folder. (Out of the library). A2 synchronized the library.. the file is gone in A2.. re-imported the folder back to A2 library and A2 auto sync the folder and the metadata is intact.. The file show all the changes that i made..Not sure if this answers your question..

I noticed the same. I took the file out of A+2, sync'd the folder (which removed it from A+2) and then played it in A+1.5.10 in a folder WITHOUT the cover art .jpg. It displayed the artwork which means that it is in fact stored inside the file. This is great news to have limited .DFF file tagging in A+2! It may not be necessary to convert to .DSF unless one wants to take advantage of the more advanced metatags. :)

2011 Mac Mini (16GB RAM) --> Audirvana Plus --> M2Tech HiFace2 --> Emotiva XDA-1 DAC --> B&K Reference 31 --> B&K 2140 (2-channel) + B&K 3140 (3-channel) --> Energy RC-30 Reference Connoisseur (Mains) + Energy RC-10 (Surrounds)

After a few days using Audirvana 2.0 I purchased the software. I have no experience with earlier versions. I like the sound quality.

From the various posts here is it clear that the library management needs a lot of improvement, but I trust that Damien will use all feedback he gets to improve the software.

It looks as if the beta-testers dit not use a NAS, as I do, to test the software. I encountered some problems right from the start which I want to share to give some feedback.

As I said I use a NAS. My music share contains folders. Each folder contains 1 album. If an album contains more cd’s, each has a separate subfolder.

I don’t know if the following happens when using an external HD.

When I start my MBPR the music share on my Synology is auto-mounted. When I start a library sync in Audirvana the program mounts the share again, so I have two identical share icons on the desktop.

Building a library of approx. 100.000 tracks takes about 3 hours. Subsequently adding a few tracks takes about the same time. This is no good, as JRiver (mac) and LMS (synology) need only a few minutes for that. I understood that LMS and Audirvana both use SQLIte for the database.

A more serious problem is that, while adding tracks to the library, the time-stamp (‘date modified’ in the finder) of some folders is changed at random. These folders are not the newly added ones but old ones that have been there for ages. When I scan the music share after this with JRiver or LMS, these ‘altered’ folders are seen as new entries. Audirvana does the same: folders changed in a run are considered as new entries in a subsequent run. As a result the Audirvana database becomes a mess with multiple entries of the same tracks. The contents of these ‘altered’ folders are not changed.

I postpone using the database part of Audirvana until this gets sorted out and use Audirvana just for enjoying the music.

A more serious problem is that, while adding tracks to the library, the time-stamp (‘date modified’ in the finder) of some folders is changed at random. These folders are not the newly added ones but old ones that have been there for ages. When I scan the music share after this with JRiver or LMS, these ‘altered’ folders are seen as new entries. Audirvana does the same: folders changed in a run are considered as new entries in a subsequent run. As a result the Audirvana database becomes a mess with multiple entries of the same tracks. The contents of these ‘altered’ folders are not changed.

I postpone using the database part of Audirvana until this gets sorted out and use Audirvana just for enjoying the music.

I was also concerned about the re-writing of data (if it actually changed the files) so I made a complete test copy of my library and am running A+2 from my NAS backup. (My primary library is on a Direct Attached FW drive with A+1.5.10 on my MacMini).

I have noticed this as well, I have not noticed any ill-effects this far with the data.

Just the same I have all my original files in a separate location and would advise the same to anyone else.

DE.

The question goes direktion sound with Audirvana- influence from audio-format: In A+ 1.x we must use the audio-format that was supported from itunes. In 2+ it is not the interconnection to itunes. My question: Is a flac-format also good as aiff-format or has this accord is the result also a function which hardware I use (computer hw). I think by more than 400 GB music I can save a lot of memory.

Thanks!

Thank you Jud.

I did deleted the files after every crash (they are not under /music/audirvana but under user/library/application support/audirvana) but this did not solved the issue.

By the way, I cannot find any file or folder named Audirvana referred to previous versions.

Hello Damien

I try to post again my issue as the suggestion received was not exuastive.

I cannot complete the synchronization using iTunes library option nor selecting one folder.

It happens that A+ 2.0 crash in both modes.

Synchronizing from iTunes library I can reach more or less 20000 tracks of the 25000 of my library and then A+2.0 chrash

Synchronizing from folders I reach the half of total (12500 of 25000) and then A+ 2.0 crash

As written before I deleted the Audirvana files (library) after each crash but this did not solved the issue

I'm using a MacBook Pro late 2011 with Mavericks 10.9.4, 8GB ram and 500GB SSD.

I should be very happy to upgrade from A+ 1.5.12 but with this kind of issue iis impossible to go further

Do you have any kind of suggestion?

best regards

Stefano

Stefano

My audio system

Hello Damien

I try to post again my issue as the suggestion received was not exuastive.

I cannot complete the synchronization using iTunes library option nor selecting one folder.

Synchronizing from iTunes library I can reach more or less 20000 tracks of the 25000 of my library and then A+2.0 chrash

Synchronizing from folders I reach the half of total (12500 of 25000) and then A+ 2.0 crash

As written before I deleted the Audirvana files (library) after each crash but this did not solved the issue

I'm using a MacBook Pro late 2011 with Mavericks 10.9.4, 8GB ram and 500GB SSD.

I should be very happy to upgrade from A+ 1.5.12 but with this kind of issue iis impossible to go further

best regards

Stefano

Stefano,

How big (in GB) is your iTunes database.. and how many GB you have free in your SSD.. perhaps the issue is not enough space..

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

I had the sample-rate switching problem and found that following copy_of_a's suggestion to enable switch latency and set in a couple of seconds in the pull-down window completely solved my problem. I'd much rather do this than forgo Direct Mode. Might be worth a try.

Steve Z

Interesting. Regrettably I tried that first before disabling Direct Mode, for the obvious reason, and didn't work for me. Ho hum.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

Stefano,

Look like you have enough GB.. I hope you resolve the issues soon..

This looks as the kind of problems I had. Crashes.... This morning I removed A+1 completely, A+2 immediately ask me to rebuild my library. Now, some 9 hours later version 2 is still playing faultless in both modes.

Sorry to repeat myself but: Is it possible to edit and save metadata in WAV files? Because A+ V 2.0 looks like it could handle the job when loaded with a few 24/96 WAV files? I remember having read somewhere that WAV can't store metadata.

You are correct.

I use Max or dBpoweramp depending on platform to convert .wav to .aiff

Steve Z

VPI-HW40 Anniversary turntable, Grado Aeon3 cartridge; Teres turntable, VPI Fatboy gimbal, Dynavector XV1-S, Lyra Helikon mono; Taiko Audio Extreme server, dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler Plus and Clock, Cybershaft OP21 Reference Clock; Playback Designs Pinot ADC; D'Agostino Momentum M400 amplifiers, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono stage; Wilson Audio Alexx speakers, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofers; Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR & Typhon, Shunyata Sigma NR & Alpha NR power cords, Sigma interconnects, digital and speaker cables; Stillpoints ESS grid system rack; Stillpoints Ultras and Ultra 5s, component stands and cones under everything, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots and lots of music.

This looks as the kind of problems I had. Crashes.... This morning I removed A+1 completely, A+2 immediately ask me to rebuild my library. Now, some 9 hours later version 2 is still playing faultless in both modes.

I tried to follow your advice but unfortunately the issue remains .... what do you mean by saying "removed completely"? I just put A+1.5.12 in the trash can and then emptied it, is there some other way to remove "completely"the application?

Stefano

My audio system

I have spent several hours tidying up metadata, missing artwork, and duplicate tracks etc.

If I add new music to itunes, causing A2 to auto sync, will all the errors in my library be reintroduced back into A2?

Are you editing the metadata in A2 library?

This is what I do.. a little background first.

when I installed A2 and did an import of my iTune music.. I got a terrible mess in A2.. my first thought was that A2 was the problem.. but my iTunes was the problem and this was pointed out by some good people here..

I did have more than 45,000 songs without "Album Artist", and missing Genre.. I used Doug's AppleScripts "This Tag, That Tag" to copy the "Artist" name to "Album Artist" This how I did find the missing "Album Artist" in iTunes I went to "Songs" and did a sort in the "Album Artist" then I selected all the blank and I just let the script run.. NOTE that this approach is not goof for albums were the "Albums Artist" is Various or should be Various.. after this was done I run a second scripts that re-embed the artwork in iTunes to each song or file.. After that I did an import and A2 looked perfect..

For me editing in iTune was faster and I was able to use the scripts mentioned above.. plus now I have a better database in iTunes

also.. another VERY important field in A2 is "Genre". i continue to work in itunes with the most important music to me.. then I copy those folders to a folder were my NEW database for A2 is being build.. A2 sync to that new folder... and now to answers your questions ;-) i did run that routine and after I added new files to iTunes only the new files were sync.. But how i wrote above I do not sync with Itunes anymore.. hopefully my approach will work for you..

I have spent several hours tidying up metadata, missing artwork, and duplicate tracks etc.

If I add new music to itunes, causing A2 to auto sync, will all the errors in my library be reintroduced back into A2?

The way I understood Damien, metadata changes in the file info (but not e.g. rating) would be transferred both ways. But better do a backup of the A+ library first before you check.

I've reorganised my music files in the NAS and wanted to add a unique folder to the library, however for some reason i can't delete the remaining folder i've added previously?!? I've deleted and download A2.0 again but still no luck. The - command to delete simply doesn't do nothing in that last folder. Very strange. Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 01.06.14.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 01.04.52.jpg

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

I've reorganised my music files in the NAS and wanted to add a unique folder to the library, however for some reason i can't delete the remaining folder i've added previously?!? I've deleted and download A2.0 again but still no luck. The - command to delete simply doesn't do nothing in that last folder. Very strange. Any thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14475[/ATTACH]

Are you trying to delete /.../music/16:44 ? if yes.. are you using the "-" sign beside the +.. you MUST use the minus sign to delete