IGNORED

Audirvana + 2.0

juliocat

Sorry to repeat myself but: Is it possible to edit and save metadata in WAV files? Because A+ V 2.0 looks like it could handle the job when loaded with a few 24/96 WAV files? I remember having read somewhere that WAV can't store metadata.

Yes, 2.0 will edit and save metadata in WAV files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I've reorganised my music files in the NAS and wanted to add a unique folder to the library, however for some reason i can't delete the remaining folder i've added previously?!? I've deleted and download A2.0 again but still no luck. The - command to delete simply doesn't do nothing in that last folder. Very strange. Any thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14475[/ATTACH]

If you just want everything cleared in order to add your new folder, delete the 3 database files under /Music/Audirvana.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

The way I understood Damien, metadata changes in the file info (but not e.g. rating) would be transferred both ways. But better do a backup of the A+ library first before you check.

Also: If you do a backup, you'll then be able to test for answers to various questions using a small "toy" A+ library.

I tried to follow your advice but unfortunately the issue remains .... what do you mean by saying "removed completely"? I just put A+1.5.12 in the trash can and then emptied it, is there some other way to remove "completely"the application?

2-finger click or right-click the application in Finder and select Show package contents. Delete the folder that's shown. Then go back and delete the application.

I tried to follow your advice but unfortunately the issue remains .... what do you mean by saying "removed completely"? I just put A+1.5.12 in the trash can and then emptied it, is there some other way to remove "completely"the application?

Remove also the files located at:

~/Library/Application Support/Audirvana

~/Library/Caches/com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus

~/Library/Preferences/com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist

That did the trick for me.

1. Damien: Merci-merci-merci!! :-)

It's been a thrill to play with the library

2. Sound: the best sound I've heard here. (Exciting to think that the software still has room to improve...)

3. I'm struggling with a few niggles - which may well be all of my own making.

How Damien deals with this tsunami of a response is beyond me. So here I go adding to it... I haven't seen posts on these issues, so may be entirely of my own making.

Rig

I'm running Mavericks with CAD optimisations on 8Gb RAM, 2010 Mac mini. USB is fed into a C-Media board. My dedicated music SSD partition is a meagre 20Gb - with just 2.6Gb free. (So that may be something to fix...)

Niggles

1. library not loading all music from 2Tb firewire hard drive.

A+ crashed at least three times before synching my library folder the first time. I thought it finished loading that first day (blue bar got to end and disappeared). But it may not have finished entirely. Each time I start A+, updating the library appears to take hours.

2. White noise

More often than not, I have issues when playing the first track. Three seconds from the end, music would be replaced by hash/white noise. I have to stop and reload a track. Often, it will play fine after that. It never happens on the second of subsequent tracks played.

I had put it down to an issue about loading into

memory. I have played around with the RAM allocation and latency, but without success.

Some have noted other issues seconds from the end of a track, but not sure if I'm alone with this issue?

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Are you trying to delete /.../music/16:44 ? if yes.. are you using the "-" sign beside the +.. you MUST use the minus sign to delete

Iup. That's precisely what I said. The "-" sign isn't responding when clicked.

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

If you just want everything cleared in order to add your new folder, delete the 3 database files under /Music/Audirvana.

Can't seem to find that /Music/Audirvana folder, where exactly are they usually stored?

Are you talking about:

AudirvanaPlusLibrary.sqlite

AudirvanaPlusLibrary.sqlite-shm

AudirvanaPlusLibrary.sqlite-wal

stored under library/Application Support/Audirvana??

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

Thanks to all for suggestions, but none of the suggestions solved the issue. Some more advices?

Have had no time yet to give 2+ a try, but I hope Damien can provide a software solution (in case it is not there yet) to backup and restore the DB, to reset the DB etc. It's not a good idea when users have to dive into folders to delete files at places they shouldn't be at all.

This backup idea stems from a comment from Jud to make a 'toy db' at first. That's a good idea, but in the long term it would be nice if I can backup the DB before adding new music, because maybe the first 2000 albums went well, but no. 2001 causes a problem... You may want to revert easily to the previous state.

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

Can't seem to find that /Music/Audirvana folder, where exactly are they usually stored?

Are you talking about:

AudirvanaPlusLibrary.sqlite

AudirvanaPlusLibrary.sqlite-shm

AudirvanaPlusLibrary.sqlite-wal

stored under library/Application Support/Audirvana??

Yes, those are the files.

Yes, those are the files.

Thanks Jud, but it didn't work.

Cant delete that whatsoever.

Vitor,

Sorry about this silly question? what keyboard do you have.. and what mac are you using?

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

Vitor,

Sorry about this silly question? what keyboard do you have.. and what mac are you using?

MacBook Pro retina (2014)

Ok, Now when you are trying to delete the files that Jud mentioned under ../Application Support/Audirvana.. what routine are you using..

Like dragging to the trash or highlight them and clicking the delete key?

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

Ok, Now when you are trying to delete the files that Jud mentioned under ../Application Support/Audirvana.. what routine are you using..

Like dragging to the trash or highlight them and clicking the delete key?

I usually use a shortcut to delete file (crtl t maybe?) and after that I've emptied the trash.

I usually use a shortcut to delete file (crtl t maybe?) and after that I've emptied the trash.

It is command + delete..

Did you try.. to right click in a file and then from the pop up menu select move to trash ?

are you able to delete other files? like documents, a photo, etc

To clarify: You cannot delete the database files? Or you deleted them and it did not have the desired effect?

To clarify: You cannot delete the database files? Or you deleted them and it did not have the desired effect?

I have deleted database files, but at first they didn't have the desired effect.

I was just preparing to give up and clicked the "+" button and the unwanted folder disappeared.

Syncing now! Thanks for the help Jud and jvlata!

(seeing that some of the artwork is missing, i do have a package in Synology - Bliss- that supposedly will embed artwork to the files, anyone have tested it with good results?)

I have deleted database files, but at first they didn't have the desired effect.

I was just preparing to give up and clicked the "+" button and the unwanted folder disappeared.

Syncing now! Thanks for the help Jud and jvlata!

(seeing that some of the artwork is missing, i do have a package in Synology - Bliss- that supposedly will embed artwork to the files, anyone have tested it with good results?)

For the missing cover art I use Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes ♫ Re-Embed Artwork v1.2.. Is a note in the website about the scripts not working properly.. I have been using the scripts very heavy and never have an issue.. just yesterday a I run it in my 58 Rolling Stone albums.. no problem and every cover show up properly in A2 after importing them into A2 library

For the missing cover art I use Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes ♫ Re-Embed Artwork v1.2.. Is a note in the website about the scripts not working properly.. I have been using the scripts very heavy and never have an issue.. just yesterday a I run it in my 58 Rolling Stone albums.. no problem and every cover show up properly in A2 after importing them into A2 library

But that script is only for iTunes, right?

Can i run it in Synology?

Actually I'm finding Audirvana 2.0 to be very good. Probably the most transparent player I have at present, even without Direct/Integer mode functioning with my dac. I'm using mode 2 (a little more smooth than Mode1 to my ears, at present in any event. Mode 1 is even more open than Mode 2, but at the expense of a little 'sting' in the high frequencies. Sustain on piano is very good. The soundstage is 'comfortable', by which I mean I'm not trying to mentally correct it.

Once Direct Mode is disabled it is performing without issue for me. I hope Damien will have a solution for this, especially since he is using the same dac as me, though it affects others too.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

Actually I'm finding Audirvana 2.0 to be very good. Probably the most transparent player I have at present, even without Direct/Integer mode functioning with my dac. I'm using mode 2 (a little more smooth than Mode1 to my ears, at present in any event. Mode 1 is even more open than Mode 2, but at the expense of a little 'sting' in the high frequencies.

Once Direct Mode disabled it is performing without issue for me.

Mode 1 and Mode 2 are Integer Modes only, so the sound is not affected if you can't turn on integer mode.

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

But that script is only for iTunes, right?

Can i run it in Synology?

Sorry, Jut for Itunes..