IGNORED

Audirvana + 2.0

juliocat

Hey All!

Quick question.....

With Audirvana running on my Macbook Pro and connected to a large screen via HDMI....

Is there anyway to get the iOS "looking" interface to project on the screen?

While playing a large playlist, it would be nice to see what song is playing.

From my default screen, I can never tell what is playing (visually), unless I look at my iPad?

TIA

D

• 1 month later...

Balance Control

I tried Pure Music today, didn't sound as nice to me, less transparent. BUT it has a balance control. Now that is very useful to me.

Is there any plans to add one to A+?? Pretty would make this software perfect for me then.

Spanish Distributor for Aries Cerat

Two Channel System: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Aries Cerat Genus SET Integrated Amplifier, Plinius SA-103 Power Amplifier, Zingali Horns Client Name Evo 1.2.

Headphone system: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Violectric V281 Headphone Amplifier, Audeze LCD4 2018, LCD2-Classic 2018.

File, Panner, choose stereo , there is a slider that moves left or right for balance... enjoy

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

File, Panner, choose stereo , there is a slider that moves left or right for balance... enjoy

I can't see Panner in Audirvana+ latest. Are you on a Beta version? Or is it a plugin import?

Two Channel System: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Aries Cerat Genus SET Integrated Amplifier, Plinius SA-103 Power Amplifier, Zingali Horns Client Name Evo 1.2.

Headphone system: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Violectric V281 Headphone Amplifier, Audeze LCD4 2018, LCD2-Classic 2018.

Oops... apologies I was looking at Amarra, which IMHO, sounds very lovely but HW player is the best... again, sorry!

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Oops... apologies I was looking at Amarra, which IMHO, sounds very lovely but HW player is the best... again, sorry!

Interesting re HQPlayer. It it better on DSD or hi-res or better on Redbook 44.1 as well?

I have some basic questions - can anyone humour me with an explanation please?

I have 1.5.12 on a Mac Mini. I now use a Mac Pro, so wondering whether to migrate my version to the Mac Pro or do a fresh install of A+ 2.0. Could be handy to leave 1.5.12 for use in another room. So:

- what do I pay if I buy 2.0 as an existing license holder, if I keep 1.5.12 on the Mac Mini?

- is 2.0 an upgrade in actual sound quality or just in features?

- I have all my music in iTunes. What's the best solution here - is the new database in improvement in sound quality or just a different filing system? I'm happy with my iTunes playlists - I'm a musician so have many.

Thanks! Time to put some version of A+ on my Mac Pro!

don't know what you pay for upgrade... surely worth it for me...

yes 2.5.1 is upgraded in sound and in library settings...

Forget iTunes and use A+ library... iTunes... Hmmm :-)

i still wait for you to the upcoming (will be... i think soon) A+ 2.6 for you to upgrade license...

supposed to be more rialable with library settings and configuration or more friendly...

i don't know how to put it in english...

i had many troubleS in passing times with a perfect library in iTunes to A+ library at the times,

but now, i don't want to related to any other software to play my music than the first software i use, A+...

now my library is perfect.... covers too... saved everytime i do a change in a day to a backup, just in case new updated software screw it :-)

i still keeps JRiver for library too just in case but most like A+ for listening...

waiting for the long awaited 2.6 of A+... but for me the big thing that resolved all my bugS in computer music

was when A+ went DSD upsampling... next step for Damien for me is perfect that part after that library upgraded 2.6 :-)

you can always download the latest version for free to listen, than you can decide after...

Happy listening!

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

• 3 months later...
Is there any way to have folder navigation in Audirvana yet? I've been using JRMC 19 for years but I've finally had enough of having to reistall it often. I really need some kind of folder tree though. Most of my tagging is good but not all of it yet.

no.

Audirvana 2.7 (or 3.0) wish list

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Hello everybody,

I'm new with Mac and Audirvana and I have a couple problems (particularly tedious due to the fact that I do not have a monitor connected to the Mac):

1) Every time at startup Audirvana takes several minutes to load the library from the NAS (blue bar under the Audirvana logo), and I believe that is unacceptable. Moreover if I try to play from Remote before the end of the loading, Audirvana crashes. How can I overcome this issue ?

2) How can I switch off the Mac without mouse and monitor ?

Thank you for your support

Davide

Hello everybody,

I'm new with Mac and Audirvana and I have a couple problems (particularly tedious due to the fact that I do not have a monitor connected to the Mac):

1) Every time at startup Audirvana takes several minutes to load the library from the NAS (blue bar under the Audirvana logo), and I believe that is unacceptable. Moreover if I try to play from Remote before the end of the loading, Audirvana crashes. How can I overcome this issue ?

Davide

1) Try to measure NAS writing & reading speed (Blackmagic Disc Test or file manager, like Forklift). Maybe A+ issue because network connection is slow. Also new OS making indexing of all drives during a few days.

2)

Note that when we refer to the Power button below, you may see an Eject button instead. Use either the Power or Eject button, whichever is in the upper right of your keyboard, to activate the following instant actions.

To reboot your Mac instantly, hit Control-Command-Power/Eject. To immediately shut down your Mac, hit Command-Option-Control-Power/Eject. To Log yourself (or any user) off of your Mac without using a menu or mouse, hit Command-Shift-Q.

To put your Mac right to sleep, the poor dear, hit Command-Option-Power, and hold them down for two seconds or so. To turn off your Mac’s display immediately, hit Shift-Control-Power. Go ahead, try it! To wake your screen back up, just hit the Spacebar key.

Now you have the magic keys to the kingdom, at least as far as shutting down or restarting your Mac on the fly without needing to use an onscreen button, mouse, or menu. Just remember that with great power comes great responsibility.

same here: takes 4-5 minutes at every A+ launch to check/update the library (files on a NAS)

I just wait ;)

you can disable auto-check but... then you'll have to manually trigger an update whenever you add new tracks

my Mac mini is set to auto-shutdown every night (via "System Preferences/Energy Saver") so I only have to boot it, using the physical button on the back, when I'm going to play some music (an Automator script mounts the NAS and launches A+/Roon)

if/when I need to do something more than just that... I use Remote Desktop (or any VNC app) from another Mac or iDevice

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

1) Try to measure NAS writing & reading speed (Blackmagic Disc Test or file manager, like Forklift). Maybe A+ issue because network connection is slow. Also new OS making indexing of all drives during a few days.

2)

thank you

Dmitrij,

hi-res files streaming is absolutely ok, therefore I don't think it's worth to do a W/R speed test.

Quite interesting the magic-key solution for shutting down: you can hit Control-Option-Command with your left hand and Eject with your right hand. It's a pity that I do not own a Magic Keyboard (and considering the price I would not spend that money just to shut down the Mac...)

Hello everybody,

Davide

Since this is an old thread, i assume that you are using the latest A+ 2.6.2, since syncing is WAY faster...

Since this is an old thread, i assume that you are using the latest A+ 2.6.2, since syncing is WAY faster...

I am. but... :-/

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

same here: takes 4-5 minutes at every A+ launch to check/update the library (files on a NAS)

I just wait ;)

you can disable auto-check but... then you'll have to manually trigger an update whenever you add new tracks

my Mac mini is set to auto-shutdown every night (via "System Preferences/Energy Saver") so I only have to boot it, using the physical button on the back, when I'm going to play some music (an Automator script mounts the NAS and launches A+/Roon)

if/when I need to do something more than just that... I use Remote Desktop (or any VNC app) from another Mac or iDevice

thank you pl_svn,

in my NAS there are about 25.000 tracks divided in about 3.000 albums, I understand that's a lot of data but checking the whole library at the beginning of every session is a madness. I think it's more appropriate to disable auto-check and re-trigger it in sporadic occasions when I add new albums.

Waiting 5 minutes is unacceptable for my tatses, but the biggest problem is that WITHOUT A DISPLAY I CAN'T KNOW WHEN THE CHECK IS FINISHED and I risk a crash.

about shutting down:

1) I did not know about the possibility to auto-shutdown at a certain time: I guess I could set for example 3:00 AM (it is very unlikely that at that time I still listen to music).

2) also interesting the option of using VNC from my iPAD, but I guess it needs a special task running on the Mac: are you sure this thing does not affect streaming performances (intrudicing some jitter) ?

thank you pl_svn,

about shutting down:

1) I did not know about the possibility to auto-shutdown at a certain time: I guess I could set for example 3:00 AM (it is very unlikely that at that time I still listen to music).

you can set start up time with shut down also...

in my NAS there are about 25.000 tracks divided in about 3.000 albums, I understand that's a lot of data but checking the whole library at the beginning of every session is a madness. I think it's more appropriate to disable auto-check and re-trigger it in sporadic occasions when I add new albums.

Waiting 5 minutes is unacceptable for my tatses, but the biggest problem is that WITHOUT A DISPLAY I CAN'T KNOW WHEN THE CHECK IS FINISHED and I risk a crash.

a little above half your albums, here, and it actually takes that long nonetheless

though not a big issue to me, as I also have to wait for tubes to warm up :P

about shutting down:

2) also interesting the option of using VNC from my iPAD, but I guess it needs a special task running on the Mac: are you sure this thing does not affect streaming performances (intrudicing some jitter) ?

all one needs is to enable "Screen Sharing" in "System Preferences/Sharing"

just give it a try and "see" if it adds any jitter ;)

oh, and... set shutdown at 3:15AM

not sure macOS still does, but *nix based systems do run some "system maintenance tasks" at 3:00AM

(mostly just logs rolling)

headphones system:

Hello everybody,

Davide

VNC apps like Remoter VNC on iPad

or screen sharing

if you want some Help, i've made a Mac "audio" guide on a french forum

Optimisations pour Mac Audiophile

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia