IGNORED

Audirvana + 2.0

juliocat

Does anybody knows a good tool to download cover art missing?

(OS Maverick; files stored in a Synology DS411)

Also found that in A+2.0 new standalone mode some of the albums don't display the songs in the correct order (drag'n'drop in playlist mode in 1.5.10 shows them correctly)

Haven't got the time to evaluate the sound yet.

GUI looks very nice though.

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

Keeps crashing at startup. It worked once for me. I listened to a few songs and shut it down. I then launched 1.5.10 to compare sound and shut it down. I then launched 2.0 and it crashed. I rebooted my Mac and it's still crashing at launch with an error dialog that crashes before I can read it. So I launched 1.5.10 and saw the same error dialog. It was asking me if I want to reload the last window that was open. I figured I should because my playlist window was empty. When I chose to reopen my last window the playlist populated. I uninstalled and reinstalled 2.0 but it's still crashing. It seems that the two versions don't want to live on the same computer.

Exact same story at my place... it crashes after I went back to the old 1.6, and won´t load anymore.

Does anyone know how to import Playlists from iTunes to A+2.0? Would be nice to export them lists, and put them inside A+2

Best Regards Mit freundlichen Grüssen KnockKnock 

Keeps crashing at startup. It worked once for me. I listened to a few songs and shut it down. I then launched 1.5.10 to compare sound and shut it down. I then launched 2.0 and it crashed. I rebooted my Mac and it's still crashing at launch with an error dialog that crashes before I can read it. So I launched 1.5.10 and saw the same error dialog. It was asking me if I want to reload the last window that was open. I figured I should because my playlist window was empty. When I chose to reopen my last window the playlist populated. I uninstalled and reinstalled 2.0 but it's still crashing. It seems that the two versions don't want to live on the same computer.

I believe this is because the databases used by the two versions are incompatible. Go to /Music/Audirvana and trash the files there, then start up your preferred version again. For now, if you want to switch versions, I think you'll need to trash those database files in between.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Exact same story at my place... it crashes after I went back to the old 1.6, and won´t load anymore.

Does anyone know how to import Playlists from iTunes to A+2.0? Would be nice to export them lists, and put them inside A+2

Best Regards Mit freundlichen Grüssen KnockKnock 

Have a look at the owner's manual - if it doesn't tell you, try the simple solution, drag and drop.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Does anybody knows a good tool to download cover art missing?

(OS Maverick; files stored in a Synology DS411)

Also found that in A+2.0 new standalone mode some of the albums don't display the songs in the correct order (drag'n'drop in playlist mode in 1.5.10 shows them correctly)

Haven't got the time to evaluate the sound yet.

GUI looks very nice though.

Cover art - don't know a tool for multiple albums at once. For individual albums, once you find cover art (e.g., Amazon), you can just drag and drop a photo from the Web onto the square outline (in album or metadata view) and it will work.

Song order - Check what fields are being used to sort the tracks and make sure the metadata is correct. (For example, if you are sorting primarily by track number, check that all the track numbers are entered.)

I'm testing A+2 on my work iMac, and so far I'm not happy with the album sort options.

The way I view albums in iTunes and the Remote app is alphabetically by Artist (the "artist" tag) and within Artist, alphabetically by Album (the "album" tag).

However, A+2 does NOT use the "artist" tag, does NOT even offer it as a View option, and instead will only sort by the "album artist" tag, which I never use. Therefore, I cannot sort albums on the screen the way I prefer.

As a workaround, at the moment I'm using the Doug Script "This Tag That Tag" to copy the "artist" tag to the "album artist" field -- across all 25,000 or so tracks in my iMac music library. This is just a test, and we'll see if that solves the A+2 sort problem.

But what about compilation albums, where the "artist" tag differs among its tracks. What would the "album artist" be for such compilation albums, in order to keep the album together in the A+2 view?

More comments to come.

Dave, who will stay with A+ 1.5.10 on his two main music machines until all of this views concerns and the play concerns other people mention are all shaken out

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

Thanks Jud. Will I lose my playlist in 1.5.10? It took a lot of effort to get that right.

You might :( Is it on any other software like iTunes, from which you can (I think) drag and drop it into 2.0? What are the playlist criteria? (Sorry I can't hang around for the answers, but it's late and I need sleep.)

I'm testing A+2 on my work iMac, and so far I'm not happy with the album sort options.

The way I view albums in iTunes and the Remote app is alphabetically by Artist (the "artist" tag) and within Artist, alphabetically by Album (the "album" tag).

However, A+2 does NOT use the "artist" tag, does NOT even offer it as a View options.... Therefore, I cannot sort albums on the screen the way I prefer.

Dave, who will stay with A+ 1.5.10 on his two main music machines until all of this views concerns and the play concerns other people mention are all shaken out

It offers artist as a view option for me. Maybe describe how you're choosing/adding the view options, and it will give us a clue. (And now I really am going to bed.)

You might :( Is it on any other software like iTunes, from which you can (I think) drag and drop it into 2.0? What are the playlist criteria? (Sorry I can't hang around for the answers, but it's late and I need sleep.)

No I created the playlist by dragging and dropping into the playlist window. Playlist criteria is artist by alphabetical order with albums chronologically ordered. It took a long time to set it up. I can't waste it to test 2.0 as a first impression has me liking 1.5.10 more, too soon to tell though. I think I'll just create another user account temoraraly to evaluate 2.0.

I have a very basic question about Audirvana Plus' "Low Level Playback Options". To quote the owner's manual:

"The options should normally not be changed as the best mode is automatically used

when all they are enabled (“plug and play” concept).

Direct Mode: In this mode Audirvana Plus bypasses completely CoreAudio, including its

low-level layers. This enables a further shorter audio signal path for better sound quality,

and gives possibility to enable Integer Mode in Lion and later.

Integer mode: In this mode Audirvana Plus directly sends the audio data to the lowest

level in CoreAudio, bypassing the driver audio mixer and the format converter. This

enables to achieve very high sound quality. (italics mine).

If Direct Mode completely bypasses Core Audio, and Integer Mode sends the audio data to the lowest level in Core Audio, wouldn't checking Direct Mode and unchecking Integer Mode yield the most direct signal path?

It offers artist as a view option for me. Maybe describe how you're choosing/adding the view options, and it will give us a clue. (And now I really am going to bed.)

Album cover view, not list view.

I choose "Show View Options" from A+2's View menu.

The dialog box that comes up is titled "Album View Options," with two named columns: Criteria and Direction.

And when I go to one of the Criteria's pop-up menu, the only choices it shows me are, in this order from top to bottom: Genre, Album Artist, Album Title, Composer, Period, Style, Instrument.

But "Artist" is not given as an option.

Writing out that list makes me think that A+2's library functions are aimed at those who mainly have classical albums. I have plenty among my 1725 albums, but far more pop, folk, rock, jazz, r&b, et cetera -- where there are no tags for Period and Style.

So that's why I test on my lesser machine for music, and leave the main music joy machines intact, as they give me pleasure with little frustration right now.

Dave, who should go to bed too right now but is a bit obsessed and even on his fast iMac the process of copying tags on 25,000 tracks takes a bit of time

Music is love, made audible.

I believe Cycleman is referring to the Album view. In the Album view options you only get Album Artist - No Artist option. In list view you get more sort options.

I am concerned about the inability to co-exist with an existing install of 1.5.10 as my main rig. I installed A+ 2.0 on my notebook as a test, but it doesn't feel refined enough to use as my primary player. I think it has potential, but I would not put it on my main system right now (if it breaks 1.5.10).

On first startup, it crashed when I pointed it to sync with a folder on my Synology NAS. On second startup it had the folder named and began to import properly. Kinda neat in album view. One question, where is the 'True Random' that will just play from all songs in the library ... the simplest thing, but it only seems to randomize from within it's current album folder and then just stop.

Also the lack of customizable column views in List Mode is very annoying. I like to sort by various feilds but there isn't even view options for those beyond the default.

DE.

2011 Mac Mini (16GB RAM) --> Audirvana Plus --> M2Tech HiFace2 --> Emotiva XDA-1 DAC --> B&K Reference 31 --> B&K 2140 (2-channel) + B&K 3140 (3-channel) --> Energy RC-30 Reference Connoisseur (Mains) + Energy RC-10 (Surrounds)