IGNORED

Audirvana + 2.0

juliocat

A big issue suddenly occurs:

I launch Audirvana 2,0 in stand alone (No iTunes). My library has been synchronized and is located on a Synology NAS.

I use search function to select a track and try to listen. Audirvana goes to the 1st track of my library and plays it.

I stop the play and click again on the track I want to listen. I get the Apple wheeel, no more answer and I need to force to quit the soft.

Any idea to solve out this isssue?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mac

Music: iMac 27', Storage Synology 1813+, Amplifier NAD 356DAC, Speakers JM Lab Profile 7

Video: Mac Mini, storage Synology 1813+, AV amplifier Denon AVR 1610, Speakers 5+1 Mission

High end Hifi: CD player Mark Levinson 390s, Amplifier Mark Levinson 330, Speakers Revel Studio

Easy listening: Coming next week Sonos :-)

While playing a track A (in SACD-R ISO), double click another track B in another album without stopping the track A, A+ 2.0 will play track B in a very slow speed, while DAC (Mytek 192) shows HDDSD.

Stops track A, then plays track B, there is no problem.

RMBP, A+, Mytek 192, Music files in SD card.

However, I love A+!

I must admit I'm getting a bit annoyed...
No problem, do whatever you may wish, it's ok with me.

I paid for A+ long ago, without library management, and my decision was based on: a) good sound quality; b) ease of operation - drag and drop addition of files into the playlist. Not true anymore, and 1.x will not be developed further, right? Doesn't seem to be fair for those customers, who paid for it earlier.

I paid for A+ long ago, without library management, and my decision was based on: a) good sound quality; b) ease of operation - drag and drop addition of files into the playlist. Not true anymore, and 1.x will not be developed further, right? Doesn't seem to be fair for those customers, who paid for it earlier.

Fine. I'm not going to argue with you nor do I wanted to insult anybody. I've paid for my V 1.. as well, I haven't 'stolen' it. The current version development is not based on developer's whim and has been long anticipated by many for good reasons. That's all I've got to say about it now.

I just ripped 5 multidisk CDs using Max. They imported into iTunes without problem and individual tracks are clearly marked correctly, e.g., track 1 of disk 2, track 1 of disk 3, etc., such that the correct order and sequence of the tracks is preserved.

When these are synced with Audirvana 2+, the listing for individual tracks has completely disappeared and an individual 'album' shows three track 1, three track 2s, etc. Somehow Audirvana is losing all reference to the individual disks during the syncing process.

Curiously, other multitrack sets ripped at earlier times (probably with iTunes) show correct listings and delineation of individual disks.

Anatexis

I just ripped 5 multidisk CDs using Max. They imported into iTunes without problem and individual tracks are clearly marked correctly, e.g., track 1 of disk 2, track 1 of disk 3, etc., such that the correct order and sequence of the tracks is preserved.

When these are synced with Audirvana 2+, the listing for individual tracks has completely disappeared and an individual 'album' shows three track 1, three track 2s, etc. Somehow Audirvana is losing all reference to the individual disks during the syncing process.

Curiously, other multitrack sets ripped at earlier times (probably with iTunes) show correct listings and delineation of individual disks.

Make sure you have your listing set to take disc number into account in the display order, and that the metadata has the disc number information.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Then keep the version your are already using, problem solved.
That's what I will do. The problem, however, is that developer will stop develop it, despite the promise of lifetime free upgrades. And, I am not complaining and not whining. Complaints came from those, who are trying new version and getting lot of bugs and troubles with database management - look through the thread.

One can drag and drop files into the play queue from the library at any time, so if your library includes all your music this is pretty much the same as 1.x. There is also no word on whether additional drag and drop capabilities will be added in 2.x. And as mentioned before, we know there has been no SQ optimization in 2.0 yet. So it seems a bit early to start talking about "unfairness" based on these two criteria regarding the initial public release of the 2.0 version.

"I'd like more drag and drop capabilities" - perfectly fine; "I am looking forward to SQ optimizations" - perfectly fine. But "This isn't true now and therefore it never will be and this is unfair to users of the (still perfectly operable) 1.x versions!" seems a little extreme and premature, don't you think?

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

That's what I will do. The problem, however, is that developer will stop develop it, despite the promise of lifetime free upgrades.

Where is this "promise of lifetime free upgrades" I keep reading about?

I guess it's not easy to satisfy everyone.

Not only is it not easy, it's impossible.

Post-upgrade whining is par for the course with software development. I think it's safe to say that the more the UI changes, the more whining there will be.

It's clear to me that Damien knows he has more work to do on A+2, so I'd hope that people would cut him some slack, at least until after the first SQ-focused update.

Meanwhile, I'm finding the new version pretty exciting, even though I don't doubt that I'll have some metadata work to do once I get A+2 fired up on my main system. It took me a little while to grok the filter browser interface, but now that I'm getting the hang of it, I can see how it should be very helpful. I can also see the potential of the additional metadata fields, and not just for classical.

So all in all, kudos to Damien. He'd better get that upgrade-payment mechanism cranking, though.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Make sure you have your listing set to take disc number into account in the display order, and that the metadata has the disc number information.

I routinely tag my tracks with disc number when they are ripped. It's being lost for many discs in the sync with Audirvana. Also being lost for many CDs is the Artist tag.

Anatexis

Lots of comments... Thanks for all the feedbacks!

Some few answers:

For the missing metadata compared with iTunes, note that the folder sync reads metadata that is inside the audio files, not the one that could have been in an iTunes proxy for example, or an album cover in iTunes own database that iTunes had not saved to the audio file. For these cases (e.g. proxies), you can first set a folders sync as this is the most reliable for future syncs, and then immediately after launch an iTunes sync to get back the iTunes only metadata (be sure that iTunes is not running to have its library xml file up to date when doing the sync).

Damien

Damien, I tried your suggestion above, but unfortunately for me it compounded the problem. Now i have a lot of duplicate albums next to each other. One playable and the other gives a not found message. One has artwork and the other does not.

I think the sync to itunes added the duplicate broken albums next to the original albums pulled in through the folder sync.?

What is the best way to start over from scratch?

Thanks,

Aaron

MacMini (JS-2) > iUSB > Regen > MDAC > Decware Mystery > Ellis 1801

is El Corso Arnaud Montebourg ?

Non exactly and I don't have any agenda...!

It's is also very common in this forum non DSD believers talking against DSD on DSD threads.

BTW, I'm not strictly French, and listen to the music player my heart loves, but maybe more French at heart than the "real" French.

Anathema & excommunication could be and "adjective" more appropriate applied to the Corsicans by the "real" French.

Pourquoi le Concombre est Masqué?

Roch

PS/ Anathema is a British progressive rock band...?

I routinely tag my tracks with disc number when they are ripped. It's being lost for many discs in the sync with Audirvana. Also being lost for many CDs is the Artist tag.

Ah, ok. Please let Damien know what software you're using to do the tagging, so he can determine possible compatibility problems with metadata or whatever else might be the cause.

I purchased my copy of A+ in March 2013. At that time it was mentioned on purchase page.

So rather than interpreting the message as simply saying further 1.x upgrades would be free, you interpreted it as meaning there would never be an update to a substantially new and different version as long as you live, or that if there were, all old versions would also be kept updated and operable?

So rather than interpreting the message as simply saying further 1.x upgrades would be free, you interpreted it as meaning there would never be an update to a substantially new and different version as long as you live, or that if there were, all old versions would also be kept updated and operable?
Jud, I am pretty much aware nothing in this world would go on forever, no need to use it as an argument. A+ was good player since its first appearance. By the way, I was using Audirvana since it was free, without "+". When I was purchasing A+ in March 2013 I was expecting it will be developed for at least several years more in basically the same configuration with some improvements. 2.0 is basically different product and the way it operates with data makes it non-usable for me. If 1.x will be kept updated and operable for some time - this is exactly what I am asking for.