IGNORED

Audirvana + 2.0

juliocat

• 1 month later...

Just downloaded 2.1 on my Mac mini. I have the Oppo HA-1 that is supposed to support DSD native mode. In the Audirvana preferences it's set for auto detection of DSD native mode but it's not being detected. It had to manually set it to DSD over PCM standard 1.0 to get it to work. So it seams that Audirvana is not seeing the Oppo as a native device?

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

• 2 weeks later...
"msng" means missing, and this is an iTunes bug that adds this for entries that are empty.

I send you by PM a link to the 2.1 release candidate that discards any "msng" (understanding it as missing, so empty) when synching from iTunes.

Damien

Ugh... I just ran into this. 1,546 songs with empty Composer tags replaced with "msng" and 1,900 songs with empty Comment tags replaced with "msng".

Easy for fix and verify with a Smart Playlist, but is this happening only with iTunes Integration?

Finally, I stopped using iTunes integration some time ago (using a parallel FLAC library), but I don't seem to be able to remove the iTunes Library XML entry in the Libraries settings (and I'm worried that A+ is looking at and/or modifying ALAC files, as a result).

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

• 2 weeks later...

"Very selfishley, I'd much rather have ios remote and qobuz sooner rather than have a developer use valuable time supporting older os's."

I'm waiting for the iOS remote as well. However, I can't say how many thousands of dollars I have invested in audio equipment and software for my Mac Pro. Ditching old operating systems support as a trade-off is not a good idea. There are Studer tape decks that are 40 years old and work perfectly. My 5 year old Mac has an SSD, maxed out memory, Avid audio interface, and a lot more. I have a completely separate audiophile system for playing and ripping vinyl, and several digital recorders to help with that passtime. I use Pro Tools, iZotope RX-4 and other audio production tools to tweak the results if necessary. I import the audio into Audirvana 2.1.1 +. I use dedicated music servers as well as local and network storage. I also purchase DSD and Hi-Res files online. Tell me again why you think I need to buy a new computer because you are impatient for an iOS remote?

I know this is an old thread, but I'm new to the forum, although not to Audirvana +.

"Very selfishley, I'd much rather have ios remote and qobuz sooner rather than have a developer use valuable time supporting older os's."

I'm waiting for the iOS remote as well. However, I can't say how many thousands of dollars I have invested in audio equipment and software for my Mac Pro. Ditching old operating systems support as a trade-off is not a good idea. There are Studer tape decks that are 40 years old and work perfectly. My 5 year old Mac has an SSD, maxed out memory, Avid audio interface, and a lot more. I have a completely separate audiophile system for playing and ripping vinyl, and several digital recorders to help with that passtime. I use Pro Tools, iZotope RX-4 and other audio production tools to tweak the results if necessary. I import the audio into Audirvana 2.1.1 +. I use dedicated music servers as well as local and network storage. I also purchase DSD and Hi-Res files online. Tell me again why you think I need to buy a new computer because you are impatient for an iOS remote?

I know this is an old thread, but I'm new to the forum, although not to Audirvana +.

A+ 2.2 (the one that will bring the latest updates for working with the remote app) is still supporting 10.6. So I've not dropped this oldy one, though now Apple is still supporting quite old Macs its recent OSes, even for El Capitan.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

A+ 2.2 (the one that will bring the latest updates for working with the remote app) is still supporting 10.6. So I've not dropped this oldy one, though now Apple is still supporting quite old Macs its recent OSes, even for El Capitan.

I'm on OS 10.7.5, and I will eventually need to buy a new Mac, although, as with my iPhone 4s, I want to do it when I'm ready and not when Apple tells me it's no longer cool.

I'm on OS 10.7.5, and I will eventually need to buy a new Mac, although, as with my iPhone 4s, I want to do it when I'm ready and not when Apple tells me it's no longer cool.

Sure, and BTW the system requirement for the remote app is iOS 8, and it works with the iPhone from the 4S, and the iPad from the iPad 2 (tested on both).

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Hello--I just installed Audirvana Plus 2.1.1 on my Mac running the latest versions of Yosemite and iTunes. I find now that in integrated mode it plays my own music fine, but will not play music from the new Apple Music service via iTunes. This plays fine without Audirvana running. Any suggestions! Thanks!

Hello--I just installed Audirvana Plus 2.1.1 on my Mac running the latest versions of Yosemite and iTunes. I find now that in integrated mode it plays my own music fine, but will not play music from the new Apple Music service via iTunes. This plays fine without Audirvana running. Any suggestions! Thanks!

I don't think A+ is currently able to work with streaming music services.

Damien has mentioned working on integrating Qobuz at some point, I don't think Apple Music has been mentioned yet.

Your best option at this stage is Amarra SQ or SQ+.

It might be a good idea to keep the Audirvana Plus 2.1 discussion in the Audirvana 2.1 thread, located here ;)

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

• 1 month later...
I apologise if my question has been discussed already here; I didn't have time to go through all the pages.

Is there any audio engine changes between A+ 1.x and 2.x? If yes, can someone give me a brief run down please?

Thanks

I can't give you technical information, or speak to its DSD reproduction (I only play PCM), but Damien Plisson, the developer, did specifically mention SQ improvements made in coding v.2 in his version upgrade notes.

I think most users here will agree that the latest version 2.2 is the best-sounding yet.

Damien said he made an SQ improvement in one of the recent 2.1 or 2.2 updates even though it's not in the release notes. At the time I thought I heard an improvement in clarity, although I didn't make a special effort to compare versions.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

I see a new build released today with enhancements and fixes, thanks Damien.

I think it was asked at one point, but are there plans to add PCM to DSD upsampling functionality to the core application? Regardless if it will or not, the current version with remote is really excellent!

My rig

I see a new build released today with enhancements and fixes, thanks Damien.

I think it was asked at one point, but are there plans to add PCM to DSD upsampling functionality to the core application? Regardless if it will or not, the current version with remote is really excellent!

It's probably easier if we keep all questions in the latest 2.2 thread, where your question has been asked before but not yet answered by Damien.

I would like to request for the default parameter of iZotope in A+

i tried to modify mine values and now i'm a bit lost.

thanks in advance

DAPs : Astell&Kern AK380 - Cowon X9

IEM/Headphones : Shure SE846 - Denon AHD600 - Sony 1RNC

Amp. : Centrance HiFi-M8 LX XL4

Macbook Pro 2011 > Audirvana Plus 2 + Remote IOS App > Cable AudioQuest USB PEARL 1.5 > Speaker Sony SRS-X99

A+ defaults:

Steepness: 150dB

Filter max length: 500.000 Samples

Cutoff freq.: 1,00 x Nyquist

Anti-aliasing: 200,0

Pre-ringing: 1,00

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

• 1 month later...

Hi! Quick question: whenever I look for a tune in the library using the search bar the player automatically assumes I want to hear more from that artist, so it adjusts the play queue around that tune with more form that album, artist, etc. So this invalidates the shuffle mode, really. Is there any way to disable the automatic play queue forming and just play the library tunes in complete random order? I mean just good ol' library shuffle, like in iTunes or in the previous Audirvana versions. Sorry if there's an obvious option for that and I don't see it or if the topic has been discussed before. Much appreciated!

Sorry for the delay of writing (maybe a year or whatever... ;=)

Still same issue with A+ not finding the album art, the track info, the artist name.

If anybody reads this, and have and easy solution please tell me here on the CA forum.

Don´t know how to survive the change from iTunes to A+ without using time of manually correcting/adjusting/writing files over and over again... I have used now more then 2 weeks on this!

best KnockKnock

I have found the library facility of A+2 virtually useless. Albums without covers displayed, no artist name, no album name, etc. metadata greyed out thus no editing facility, etc, etc.

Why could the library function not be based on Finder where the user has total control over the data? I have used Finder as my music library for ages, dragging tracks, albums, etc into A+1 to play. Works perfectly.

With some 10,000 tracks A+2 as it is is useless. Can we have a Finder version.

Sorry for the delay of writing (maybe a year or whatever... ;=)

Still same issue with A+ not finding the album art, the track info, the artist name.

If anybody reads this, and have and easy solution please tell me here on the CA forum.

Don´t know how to survive the change from iTunes to A+ without using time of manually correcting/adjusting/writing files over and over again... I have used now more then 2 weeks on this!

best KnockKnock

Not having this problem. If the metadata is in your files, Audirvana will read it and display; e.g., cover art, track info, artists / album artists - everything.

If your metadata is a mess, then your library will look like a mess.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system