IGNORED

HQ Player

44 minutes ago, tonym said:

Does that mean it is upsampling from 16 to 24 if so why ? when I have Filter and Shaper both set to none.

No, it is just filling the upper bits with zeros, to match the bits you have defined in settings. But they are the same values, only with zeros to the left.

Just bought my HQplayer Desktop key license....everything was working fine prior to installing the key. I didn't change a thing in settings:

Apple m1 HQplayer desktop to UltraRendu > HQPlayer NAA> in Roon. Now when I try to play a song in Roon it says "starting playback on your audio devices, this may take awhile" and nothings plays at all. Rebooted PC, Restarted both Roon and Hqplayer, nothing happening

What do I need to do? All other Roon zones play fine

15 minutes ago, pcmchild said:

No, it is just filling the upper bits with zeros, to match the bits you have defined in settings. But they are the same values, only with zeros to the left.

Thanks . Ok so in that case the Devialet can upsample the file from 16 to 24 , is that correct ? 

Hi Miska,

I've just sent you an email requesting a linkt to the latest v3 iteration of HQP Desktop.

Thanks,

Ricardo

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

35 minutes ago, fmzip said:

Just bought my HQplayer Desktop key license....everything was working fine prior to installing the key. I didn't change a thing in settings:

Apple m1 HQplayer desktop to UltraRendu > HQPlayer NAA> in Roon. Now when I try to play a song in Roon it says "starting playback on your audio devices, this may take awhile" and nothings plays at all. Rebooted PC, Restarted both Roon and Hqplayer, nothing happening

What do I need to do? All other Roon zones play fine

Disregard.......PC IP had changed!

On 2/19/2021 at 11:44 AM, Miska said:

On latest Embedded release (out today) most poly-sinc filters are included in the cache.

On upcoming releases I extend this to sinc-S/M/L filters too. It needs modifications to the initialization code, so it takes varying amount of effort.

Hi Miska, how this will work with Roon?

I have a 44.1 rate family only Holo Spring v1.  I can do sinc L for 44.1 but not 48k rate families.  I have have an i9 with nvidia 2080ti.  I’m on Ubuntu 20.4.  It just never starts.  Is there a reason or is my machine still not up to the task.  When I do nvidia-smi it’s never using over 42% of the gpu which probably means the bottleneck is somewhere else.  Is there anything else I should check.  I’m on HQPlayer 4.10.1.

@Miska I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work over the years.  You make a great product and I know supporting it on 3 OS’s has to be difficult.

24 minutes ago, mfalcon said:

I have a 44.1 rate family only Holo Spring v1.  I can do sinc L for 44.1 but not 48k rate families.  I have have an i9 with nvidia 2080ti.  I’m on Ubuntu 20.4.  It just never starts.  Is there a reason or is my machine still not up to the task.  When I do nvidia-smi it’s never using over 42% of the gpu which probably means the bottleneck is somewhere else.  Is there anything else I should check.  I’m on HQPlayer 4.10.1.

@Miska I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work over the years.  You make a great product and I know supporting it on 3 OS’s has to be difficult.

Have you tried turning off “Adaptive output rate”?

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

I have similar question/confusion myself.  The formats of my library are mainly 44.1kHz Flac and DSF 64.  I convert everything to DSD256*48.  I noticed sometimes, the specs of output were reduced to DSD128.  Of course, I can always change to DSD256*44.1 to achieve DSD256.  The other question which may relate to this is the role of click-box “48K DSD”plays.  In my settings, Mac Mini M1 is used together with NAA with ASEM7EC at Sinc-M.

@MiskaThank you for the great effort of a wonderful product such as HQPlayer.

17 minutes ago, Mahler and Bach on Computer said:

The other question which may relate to this is the role of click-box “48K DSD”plays.

This has to do with whether or not your DAC supports 48k DSD rates. For example at DSD256, there are two possible rates: 11.2896 (44.1) and 12.288 (48) MHz. If the box is checked, then 44.1-base formats are converted to 11.2896 MHz and 48-based formats are converted to 12.288 MHz. If the box is not checked, then everything has converted to 11.2896 MHz. This assumes you have the auto-convert settings on.

A lot DAC’s do not support both rates thus the reason for the click box. If you are unsure, try to play 48-based format.  If you don’t get sound out, then uncheck box and try again.

I think the Holo Spring and May DACs support both rates.

On 2/19/2021 at 6:02 PM, OzarkMtn said:

@Miska

Thanks for a fantastic musical experience via HQPlayer!

I have a Oppo Sonica DAC, what setting for Bits should I be using?

Do you still recommend using ASDM5EC instead of ASDM7EC for this particular DAC?

On 2/19/2021 at 8:07 PM, OzarkMtn said:

What recommendation would you have for dithering settings on the Oppo Sonica DAC?

Since it cannot do PCM natively and is best to run it at DSD, DAC Bits or dither options are not relevant. I would get started with DSD256 using ASDM5EC.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 2/20/2021 at 12:25 AM, Yviena said:

Weird i don't really see a decrease in CPU usage with CUDA turned on, in fact the CPU usage is exactly the same, or slightly lower with it turned off when using SINC-M

Update: yeah the CPU usage is more consistent/lower with CUDA off.

Does CUDA offload of the filter become active? Have you tried something like sinc-L to DSD256 with/without CUDA offload?

On 2/20/2021 at 2:24 PM, asiufy said:

@Miskamay I request a "feature"? 

Perhaps there's a valid reason for it, but could you make it so the music doesn't stop when I open the Preferences pane? 

Why? There shouldn't be reason to frequently open it.

For example the dialog wouldn't be able to show all current audio devices without stopping.

On 2/20/2021 at 11:32 PM, tonym said:

On the main desktop screen if you are using HQPlayer in passthrough mode with no upsampling . It says Mode:PCM Filter:none Shaper:none Limited:0.

But in the next panel where the Time is , under Format: it says 44.1k/16/2 to 44.1k/24/2.

Does that mean it is upsampling from 16 to 24 if so why ? when I have Filter and Shaper both set to none.

Not upsampling, but extending the word length yes. HQPlayer usually sends out the maximum word length.

Just curious, why are you using HQPlayer that way? Or let's say, why you are not using HQPlayer? ;)

I have it at 24 bits because the Dac in my Devialet is 24/192 but what I wanted to check is , is HQPlayer sending the file at its native sample rate or is it sending it upsampled to 24 bit

Sending out not upsampled, as 24-bit.

14 hours ago, MemoryPlayer said:

@Miska 

Is complicated you include the favorite album function?

That is quite a bit of work. Now the control API doesn't include functionality for writing things into the library, only accessing it. Technically of course doable, but not very simple.

14 hours ago, MemoryPlayer said:

And about play and pause with space key?

Instead of play/pause, I've added this hotkey as play/stop for next Client release. I guess it is more in line with the needed functionality?

15 hours ago, ericuco said:

A lot DAC’s do not support both rates thus the reason for the click box. If you are unsure, try to play 48-based format.  If you don’t get sound out, then uncheck box and try again.

I think the Holo Spring and May DACs support both rates.

Many DACs, like Holo Spring 1 may seem to play 48k-base DSD, but actually play it at wrong speed, using 44.1k-base clock. Which means that for example HQPlayer would convert to 12.288M, but DAC would actually play it at 11.2896M rate - thus too slow. Most DACs though either just go mute (Marantz), or play it plain wrong (Mytek Brooklyn).