IGNORED

HQ Player

37 minutes ago, Miska said:

Yes, both for technical reasons. UPnP also because there are better alternatives (HQPlayer Control API).

Virtual audio device mode? The USB Audio Class thing is not available on any other platform than Linux, because Windows or macOS doesn't support USB device mode as operating systems in general (and no regular desktop PC has such hardware capability). But it is available to HQPlayer Desktop running on Windows and macOS through suitable Linux-based NAA.

If you talk about loopback drivers, I've told already before why they are out of my scope. And it has been discussed to end, not planned. Someone else can implement such as add-on extra using HQPlayer APIs if they like.

Jriver (and others) has virtual audio device functionality on windows and mac, so it is feasible.

Normal home users can't use HQPlayer control API, but they can use UPNP.

If someone else will implement a market-requested functionality, he will take the money for that, like Roon is doing, not you. But many won't be willing to pay that much additional money, or additional money for an additional "suitable linux NAA". Every dollar your customers spend elsewhere is a dollar less available for you, good producers think like this. IMHO HQPlayer incredible and unique audio performances could earn you much more money, if only you were less stubborn and more attentive to customers needs. Much more money doesn't mean higher prices, but wider market.

But ok, really time to move on now (and sorry again to everyone), i tried to make you reason on a point of view shared by many of your actual and possible customers, i hope you will consider it sooner or later. Anyway, choice is yours, i'll remain on good terms as before whatever you'll do.

41 minutes ago, Jud said:

Enthusiasm is understandable. But Miska does get to decide how he wants to live his life (as we should all be able to), and he doesn't seem to particularly want to spend it as a businessman supervising a development team at HQPlayer Incorporated. 🙂

I am always amazed at what he gets done by himself. If he had a lot of help about the only thing that could be improved is the interface which would be a help as it is the thing most people complain about when they first use HQP.

9 minutes ago, LoryWiv said:

Deleted.

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

On 2/15/2021 at 3:58 PM, ted_b said:

Reg19, I presume the issues you are having is with PCM->DSD256.  That is heavy lifting (especially if redbook) so one way to compare is to grab a DSD64 source (cuz DSD64->DSD256 is not nearly as heavy lifting) and remodulate to DSD256 with ASDM7 vs ASDM7EC.  The differences will tell you something.  Or I can dropbox you a 24/352.8k PCM track and one that has been offline remodulated to DSD256 using ASDM7EC. 

Thanks. Got a M1 mini. Runs ASDM7EC / DSD256 without issues. Shall take a couple of days to compare.

@Luca72c , @sgb

Copied from Facebook:

"HQPlayer 4 Embedded 4.22.1 released.

Add DSP initialization cache for most time consuming algorithms. Optimizations and bug fixes. On HQPlayer OS mount option for old SMBv1 protocol shares."

And sorry to the HQPlayer Desktop users. I guess all the embedded stuff rather belongs to the HQPlayer embedded thread.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

13 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

Anyone here at Audiophile Style named Terry Brown offering free Presents in a Lottery?

Ore has someone hacked this site?

I and several others whose Monikers I didn't recognise were on a group email this morning.

I deleted it.

Just FYI!

I got this one: Christine_Reed has sent you a message!

On the main desktop screen if you are using HQPlayer in passthrough mode with no upsampling . It says Mode:PCM Filter:none Shaper:none Limited:0.

But in the next panel where the Time is , under Format: it says 44.1k/16/2 to 44.1k/24/2.

Does that mean it is upsampling from 16 to 24 if so why ? when I have Filter and Shaper both set to none.

Thanks

Tony