IGNORED

HQ Player

16 minutes ago, bibo01 said:

"simply" as straight forward. I realize that it can be tedious to accomplish.

However, Ted's intended approach is simpler and less tedious.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

6 hours ago, ted_b said:

Allan, same here but my library is large and it is tedious.  Also, as you reiterated, just because an album has no "cover=" comment doesn't mean it is void of cover art (if the art is embedded in the file).  At least that is my assumption, prior to Jussi's response.

True, that's the case... For HQPDcontrol I pass also the embedded cover art (of first track of the album) in case the detached one doesn't exist. For the HQPlayer's touch-GUI's cover flow screen, detached cover art is needed due to an implementation detail. So even if HQPlayer's touch-GUI wouldn't currently show cover art in cover flow for some album, HQPDcontrol could still show it. HQPlayer's touch GUI main screen however can show embedded cover art in the play view for the current track. So album art works also for cases where each track of an album has different cover art (some BlueCoast albums).

OTOH, I could also add code to export embedded cover art to detached one during scanning phase, in case detached one is not found... But this wouldn't affect HQPDcontrol behavior, because embedded/detached is transparent for it.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

4 hours ago, Ales Prochazka said:

I could try writing a simple command-line program (for Win).

He would do the following:

1. acquires Library - library.xml (API - LibraryGet)
  2. will try to get Cover Art for each album in the library (API - LibraryPicture)
  3. Lists the CSV result

That would be nice, especially if the results were the nulls, the albums with no art. 

I have run Scan Tree several times with HQP 3.20.2 but year is not being added from the metadata. There are no date="xxxx" entries for albums in library.xml, with the sole exception of an album that I ripped and added yesterday. How can I add year without recreating the library from scratch? I don't want to do that because of the countless manual edits I have made to library.xml.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

5 hours ago, Allan F said:

I have run Scan Tree several times with HQP 3.20.2 but year is not being added from the metadata. There are no date="xxxx" entries for albums in library.xml, with the sole exception of an album that I ripped and added yesterday. How can I add year without recreating the library from scratch? I don't want to do that because of the countless manual edits I have made to library.xml.

Only reason I can think of is some unknown tag id or format used for the date, or missing information in first place.

Did you click "OK" in the Library dialog after rescanning to save the update?

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Only reason I can think of is some unknown tag id or format used for the date, or missing information in first place.

Did you click "OK" in the Library dialog after rescanning to save the update?

I clicked Scan tree, selected my music folder, and clicked "OK". The scan proceeded, as evidenced by the blue stripe moving back and forth for several minutes until it stopped. But, when I exported library.xml, there were no date="yyyy" entries, apart from the one for the album I added yesterday. If it was a tag issue, I don't understand why the date for that one album would be picked up? It was ripped to my NAS with dBpoweramp exactly the same way as hundreds of other CDs were ripped to my music library before I installed HQPlayer.

After seeing your reply, I ran Scan tree again. When the scan completed this time I clicked "OK" again, but that made no difference. I have a copy of JRiver on my desktop PC. When I look at the tags for my albums with it, there are tags for both "Date" and "Year".

Thanks, Jussi.

My mistake. I was not clicking "OK" at the completion of the scan. The reason I thought that it didn't make a difference is because, when I ran Syncing the HQPlater Library in HQPDcontrol, the dates were not displayed. Then I realized that when I rescanned, I had inadvertently used the //Disktation/My Music format for my NAS instead of using the mapped drive forma M: I then opened library.xml in Notepad and did a search using Edit/Find date= and I found that date entries were there.

So, I rescanned my NAS using the mapped drive format M: and clicked "OK" at the completion. I ran Syncing the HQPlayer Library again in HQPDcontrol and the dates are now displayed.

I have learned at least two things:

1) After running Scan tree, you have to click "OK" when the scan completes in order to save the library file.

2) The HQPlayer API has the same problem for dates that it had for album cover art when a music library is stored on a NAS. It won't pass the data to HQPDcontrol if you scan using the format //Diskstation/My Music.

I am glad that this issue is now resolved.

7 hours ago, Allan F said:

2) The HQPlayer API has the same problem for dates that it had for album cover art when a music library is stored on a NAS. It won't pass the data to HQPDcontrol if you scan using the format //Diskstation/My Music.

This should be fixed in latest 3.20.2 release...

But note that you should stick to either mapped one or non-mapped one when scanning. Otherwise you'll end up with duplicate entries in the library, because scanning looks at the paths when deciding if the album is already known to the library. And it cannot know if the mapped and non-mapped are the same or not.

4 hours ago, Miska said:

This should be fixed in latest 3.20.2 release...

But note that you should stick to either mapped one or non-mapped one when scanning. Otherwise you'll end up with duplicate entries in the library, because scanning looks at the paths when deciding if the album is already known to the library. And it cannot know if the mapped and non-mapped are the same or not.

I am on the 3.20.2 release and I don't believe that date was displayed in HQPDcontrol when I scanned using the //Diskstation/My Music format. I could be wrong, but I think it may be fixed for album cover art but not for date.

Your advice to stick to the mapped drive format has been duly noted and will be followed religiously in the future. Unfortunately, I had scanned with both formats of the NAS, and ended up spending a long time cleaning up library.xml to remove duplicates. Because of all the editing I had previously done, I thought that was preferable to recreating the library and losing all my edits. I also encountered a problem with the date data for my DSD albums. Presumably because of a tagging issue, I found that genre was inserted instead of year in the date entries, e.g. date="Classical", date="Jazz", date="Pop/Rock". I manually corrected all of those.

Everything now appears to be working and looking as it should, so I made several backups of library.xml.

On 2/27/2018 at 1:29 PM, Miska said:

No, it is not possible. But loading different setting files is possible, since now library is separated from the settings... (see hqp-control's --configuration-load argument)

Jussi,

I tried to load a new configuration through control API, but I must be doing something wrong.  The API returns "OK" as the result, but HQPlayer doesn't seem to change configuration. This is with HQP 3.20.2 on Windows 10.

Here's what I send to HQP and what I get back (there is an 'HQPlayer  -  HD650.xml" file in the HQPlayer data directory):

Sent:   <ConfigurationLoad value="HQPlayer - HD650" />

Result: <ConfigurationLoad result="OK" />

But the configuration displayed by HQPlayer still shows previously configured settings...What am I missing?

19 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

Here's what I send to HQP and what I get back (there is an 'HQPlayer  -  HD650.xml" file in the HQPlayer data directory):

Sent:   <ConfigurationLoad value="HQPlayer - HD650" />

Result: <ConfigurationLoad result="OK" />

But the configuration displayed by HQPlayer still shows previously configured settings...What am I missing?

The .xml suffix, it expects full file name, but without path...

On 3/4/2018 at 4:38 PM, Allan F said:

I am on the 3.20.2 release and I don't believe that date was displayed in HQPDcontrol when I scanned using the //Diskstation/My Music format. I could be wrong, but I think it may be fixed for album cover art but not for date.

That date problem is unrelated to the path and will be fixed in next release... Cover art problem OTOH was related to the path.

8 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

That's what I tried first, but didn't get a response at all if I do that. Without the '.xml' suffix, I at least get an "OK" :)

Response should come before HQPlayer drops the connection, because response is sent before loading the configuration. Successful load will drop the control connection due to internal "reboot".

47 minutes ago, Miska said:

Response should come before HQPlayer drops the connection, because response is sent before loading the configuration. Successful load will drop the control connection due to internal "reboot".

Ah, that might be it. I was just seeing a timeout and no response and assumed it didn't get processed. Thanks, Jussi! I'll take a look.

When downloading 3.20.4 ( I missed .3 altogether!),

the time is around 3 hours to download.

It never took more than a few minutes before.

Is the new version really That huge, or are there a lot people downloading it at once?

I'll try again later of course.

38 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

When downloading 3.20.4 ( I missed .3 altogether!),

the time is around 3 hours to download.

It never took more than a few minutes before.

Is the new version really That huge, or are there a lot people downloading it at once?

I'll try again later of course.

I noticed the same thing.  I just let my computer download.  The file size is the same as usual.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Server is only a dual-core machine with 100 Mbps internet connection... ;)

I just tested from home and for me the download took about 30 seconds / 5 megabytes per second, probably mostly limited by my 4G LTE internet connection...

Download speed will likely vary depending on how many people are simultaneously downloading it and on other internet traffic (including amount of traffic on the undersea cables going below Atlantic).

@Miska I noticed that there is a new kind of filter with suffix "-lp" in the HQplayer embedded. Could you please kindly tell what that is? Why is this "lp" filter not included in the HQplayer desktop version? Thanks.

I'm curious and eager to try any new filters. However, with the requirement of linux system need to be installed for HQplayer embedded. Things start to get a little troublesome for windows daily users.

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature