IGNORED

OT: Simple L/R brain test

BTW are you trying to start a new category for divisiveness? And which is it?

Objectionist vs projectionist or objectionist vs conformist? And do these relate to left brain vs right brain?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

BTW are you trying to start a new category for divisiveness? And which is it?

Objectionist vs projectionist or objectionist vs conformist? And do these relate to left brain vs right brain?

For some reason my other post got lost.

Left brained 69/31 for me.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

My former employer once forced me to hire based upon a version of this test. There were several hundred applicants. It was a promotion so a few dozen current employees and the rest from outside were given this test. If you didn't fit the category well enough you were not eligible for me to hire.

At least three current employees would have been on my short list based upon their performance on the job. None of those had the proper temperament. So they weren't available. I don't know what it was about the test, but the 6 people we had to hire (we had some discretion after interviewing those eligible) were not a good group of workers. Having the temperament for that job apparently did not include the temperament to show up for work on schedule or sometimes at all, or bother to learn what you needed etc,etc. Maybe the characterization of the job was wrong. But 4 of those 6 were let go for clear cut problems like not showing up or faking illness within a year. 1 quit. 1 stayed and is the type employee that while managing to keep their job neither the supervision or co-workers value much at all. That person is very marginal in the job they unfortunately have.

Using different methodology later we did hire the 3 people on my personal short list. Two of them do pretty well, and one is outstanding. They somehow manage this while having the wrong temperament.

If the temperament test works, it still shouldn't be the only criteria for employment, but just another piece of data that might discern something extra along with other qualifications. I have plenty of doubts about it in implementation. As some of the employees we knew well tested out as nearly identical on this test, and there is a huge difference in their temperaments.

Now I have to decide if my brain is half empty or half full

Screen Shot 2014-03-03 at 3.44.23 PM.png

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

53/47 on the brain thingy

The other one said I was an "Idealist Counsellor", based on my random and self contradictory replies to their crappy questions. I made a half hearted attempt to read some of their descriptions, but had to stop at this one:

"Idealist men find it relatively easy to express tender feelings, sympathize with others, and have female friends. Some even enjoy shopping."

Enjoy shopping? Bah!

My results: right-brained.

31% left

69% right

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

The other one said I was an "Idealist Counsellor", based on my random and self contradictory replies to their crappy questions. I made a half hearted attempt to read some of their descriptions, but had to stop at this one:

"Idealist men find it relatively easy to express tender feelings, sympathize with others, and have female friends. Some even enjoy shopping."

Enjoy shopping? Bah!

Obviously written by a woman who thinks her ideal man would love shopping...

No electron left behind.

My former employer once forced me to hire based upon a version of this test. There were several hundred applicants. It was a promotion so a few dozen current employees and the rest from outside were given this test. If you didn't fit the category well enough you were not eligible for me to hire.

At least three current employees would have been on my short list based upon their performance on the job. None of those had the proper temperament. So they weren't available. I don't know what it was about the test, but the 6 people we had to hire (we had some discretion after interviewing those eligible) were not a good group of workers. Having the temperament for that job apparently did not include the temperament to show up for work on schedule or sometimes at all, or bother to learn what you needed etc,etc. Maybe the characterization of the job was wrong. But 4 of those 6 were let go for clear cut problems like not showing up or faking illness within a year. 1 quit. 1 stayed and is the type employee that while managing to keep their job neither the supervision or co-workers value much at all. That person is very marginal in the job they unfortunately have.

Using different methodology later we did hire the 3 people on my personal short list. Two of them do pretty well, and one is outstanding. They somehow manage this while having the wrong temperament.

If the temperament test works, it still shouldn't be the only criteria for employment, but just another piece of data that might discern something extra along with other qualifications. I have plenty of doubts about it in implementation. As some of the employees we knew well tested out as nearly identical on this test, and there is a huge difference in their temperaments.

It certainly should not be used as the sole criteria.

No electron left behind.

It certainly should not be used as the sole criteria.

At the very least. I personally don't think that it should be used in hiring criteria at all.

Kiersey Bates, based on the Jungian Myers Briggs test is in my opinion best used as a framework to help colleagues give each other a little more room for at least tolerating each other better. In can help start a discussion of the sometimes very different ways we approach life, down to the everyday tasks in the workplace and how they are approached. So I think of it as a kind of conversation starter that can help communities learn things about each other that shed light on how we each go about things.

The reliabilty of test results is not especially high. So it is meant to be taken as a kind of heuristic toward one of those conversions people might not get around to readily without it.

It is easily be reduced to pop psychology status if it isn't understood as very introductory.

Enjoy shopping? Bah!

Exactly my score

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa