IGNORED

OT: Simple L/R brain test

R 69 / l 31

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Do I get a guess? ;)

What's my diagnosis? 100cc of yellow brain juice...stat

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Thats easy, I'll have the fat one move to the other side

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Looks like the left brain folks are a minority voice here.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Many of us are still quietly and rationally examining the test and its validity before reacting hastily. ;-)

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

I regard my score as a refutation of either the veracity of the test results or the whole r/l brain thing itself.

However, I secretly relish the fact that I scored more right-brained than Teresa!

Gold Lord- that personality thing must have mixed me up with someone else.

Idealist-Healer (INFP)? Does not seem much like me to me, but hey... What do I know?

Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Gold Lord- that personality thing must have mixed me up with someone else.

Idealist-Healer (INFP)? Does not seem much like me to me, but hey... What do I know?

Paul

Not you, Paul?

Best,

Richard

Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But inside they're anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types. Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. They conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. Set off from the rest of humanity by their privacy and scarcity, Healers can often feel even more isolated in the purity of their idealism.

Also, Healers might well feel a sense of separation because of their often misunderstood childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood-they are the prince or princess of fairy tales-an attitude which, sadly, is frowned upon, or even punished, by many parents. With parents who want them to get their head out of the clouds, Healers begin to believe they are bad to be so fanciful, so dreamy, and can come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. In truth, they are quite OK just as they are, only different from most others-swans reared in a family of ducks.

At work, Healers are adaptable, welcome new ideas and new information, are patient with complicated situations, but impatient with routine details. Healers are keenly aware of people and their feelings, and relate well with most others. Because of their deep-seated reserve, however, they can work quite happily alone. When making decisions, Healers follow their heart not their head, which means they can make errors of fact, but seldom of feeling. They have a natural interest in scholarly activities and demonstrate, like the other Idealists, a remarkable facility with language. They have a gift for interpreting stories, as well as for creating them, and thus often write in lyric, poetic fashion. Frequently they hear a call to go forth into the world and help others, a call they seem ready to answer, even if they must sacrifice their own comfort.

44% - 56%, which is effectively equal use.

I am left handed for writing and throwing, but use a scissors with my right hand and kick with my right foot.

INTP, though on the margin for all dimensions. (I've always liked Myers-Briggs and find it useful.)

Is it any wonder I don't know what I want to do for work and am always hitting the reset button on decisions, including -- especially -- components in my stereo system? Everything is shades of gray for me, I'm afraid.

Mac Mini 5,1 [i5, 2.3 GHz, 8GB, Mavericks] w/ Roon -> Ethernet -> TP Link fiber conversion segment -> microRendu w/ LPS-1 -> Schiit Yggdrasil

44% - 56%, which is effectively equal use.

I am left handed for writing and throwing, but use a scissors with my right hand and kick with my right foot.

INTP, though on the margin for all dimensions. (I've always liked Myers-Briggs and find it useful.)

Is it any wonder I don't know what I want to do for work and am always hitting the reset button on decisions, including -- especially -- components in my stereo system? Everything is shades of gray for me, I'm afraid.

If I may, the "P" of your INTP in you prefers, appreciates, needs, influenced by, keeps available/open/abstract the possibilities (or not). Whereas the "J" of the INTJ prefers definite, concrete, decided, planned, scheduled (or not).

Enjoy the music, or the...or,

Richard

Apparently the L/R test you found was essentially a prank. It was devised by a couple of marketing guys with no background in psychology or science. They did not expect it to be taken seriously.

Viral Test: Which Side Of Your Brain Is More Dominant? - Forbes

Agree. Took the test and posted the results for the fun of it without taking it seriously. But the Keirsey and Myers-Briggs is highly useful for many applications as information to help bridge relationship issues when couples misunderstand one another. And that takes much more than 30 seconds to get it right or be left wanting.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Okay, Bob. But what was your score?

Apparently the L/R test you found was essentially a prank. It was devised by a couple of marketing guys with no background in psychology or science. They did not expect it to be taken seriously.

Viral Test: Which Side Of Your Brain Is More Dominant? - Forbes

Mac Mini 5,1 [i5, 2.3 GHz, 8GB, Mavericks] w/ Roon -> Ethernet -> TP Link fiber conversion segment -> microRendu w/ LPS-1 -> Schiit Yggdrasil

The only real psychological science is astrology.

Now you're jesting with that statement, right?

But if not...

Meanwhile, the linked test for me: 62% right and 38% left.

And yet since I'm half-Vulcan and very logical, that doesn't entirely make sense.

Meanwhile, I'm INFJ (wrote INTJ by mistake initially).

Dave, who likes to call that indicator the Briggs and Stratton test

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There is always Rorschach, I see a pretty butterfly

0255.jpg