IGNORED

Cheap music server power tweak that is VERY good.

TJHUB

Would the Teradak X1 8.5V DC out power a SOTM usb card properly? Looks like the cable included with it will fit the SOTM, and the voltage is right in the range of the SOTM. I'm not sure about the amps since the SOTM specs aren't really clear. Has anyone tried it with the SOTM or have an opinion if it should work?

Thanks Rikhav. Are you sure the usb provide 2A current?

Sorry for the error

Actually it outputs only 1 A of current. But if you can power your hdds with some other source, the 1 A of curent will suffice for the raspberry pi

I have raspberry pi + Wi-Fi adapter + hifiberry digi + board and it works smoothly with the said terdak psu

Sorry for the error

Actually it outputs only 1 A of current. But if you can power your hdds with some other source, the 1 A of curent will suffice for the raspberry pi

I have raspberry pi + Wi-Fi adapter + hifiberry digi + board and it works smoothly with the said terdak psu

But I don't want to power HDDs with other sources, hence 2V

• 2 weeks later...

I just got bought an Anker 2nd Gen E5 to power my SSD. I have a Seagate 600 512GB SSD, and the E5 smart IQ port does not want to rev up its current to high enough level to power up my SSD. The SSD powers up when I plug in my iphone into the second smart IQ port, so the E5 seems to increase its current output on both ports when an iphone is plugged in.

I'm wondering if there is a way to force the smart IQ port to always output 1A? I have tried shorting the D+/D- data pins on the battery, or adding 10kohm/33kohm to supply 1.2V to D+/D- of the battery, but that does not work either. I cannot get the smart IQ port to supply higher current to properly power my SSD by itself.

I just got bought an Anker 2nd Gen E5 to power my SSD. I have a Seagate 600 512GB SSD, and the E5 smart IQ port does not want to rev up its current to high enough level to power up my SSD. The SSD powers up when I plug in my iphone into the second smart IQ port, so the E5 seems to increase its current output on both ports when an iphone is plugged in.

I'm wondering if there is a way to force the smart IQ port to always output 1A? I have tried shorting the D+/D- data pins on the battery, or adding 10kohm/33kohm to supply 1.2V to D+/D- of the battery, but that does not work either. I cannot get the smart IQ port to supply higher current to properly power my SSD by itself.

You could try connecting something like a 47 ohm PW5 resistor across it's output to see if that helps.

That's an additional 100mA current draw on the supply.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

I tried 47 ohm resistor between the 5v and ground on the battery output, and that didn't provide enough current to the ssd either. Then I tried it with a 10ohm resistor. That worked and the ssd is recognized. However it seems to heat up the resistor really fast! I had to disconnect the cable before it burns out. So it looks like the 2nd gen battery current is controlled by demand and not by D+/D- voltage.

I wished I got the 1st gen with dumb ports, that would've solved all my problems. But the 2nd gen E5 was on sale at newegg last week for $15 after rebate.

I tried 47 ohm resistor between the 5v and ground on the battery output, and that didn't provide enough current to the ssd either. Then I tried it with a 10ohm resistor. That worked and the ssd is recognized. However it seems to heat up the resistor really fast! I had to disconnect the cable before it burns out. So it looks like the 2nd gen battery current is controlled by demand and not by D+/D- voltage.

I wished I got the 1st gen with dumb ports, that would've solved all my problems. But the 2nd gen E5 was on sale at newegg last week for $15 after rebate.

Did you use a 10 ohm PW5 ( 5 watt) resistor? At 5V it will dissipate 2.5W in heat,(500mA) but that is well within the ratings of a PW5 resistor. Just ensure that it has relatively long leads and plenty of air circulation around it.

It is also possible that a 20 ohm PW5 resistor will do the trick. If you have 2 x 10 ohm resistors you could try them in series across the output.

Alex

P.S.

You may be able to disconnect the load resistors after the SSD is recognised.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

• 2 weeks later...

How about this? :-)

41T27oskOBL.jpg

Product Description

PowerHouse

The Ultimate Portable Power Supply

From ANKER, the Choice of 10 Million+ Happy Users

• Industry-Leading Technology

• Extended Warranty

• 99% Positive Feedback

Portable Power

Boasting a remarkable 434 watt-hours of energy, PowerHouse packs enough power to fully charge a laptop up to 15 times. A high-density lithium-ion battery makes PowerHouse significantly smaller and lighter than lead-acid power pack alternatives.

Eco-Friendly Power Supply

PowerHouse is completely fumeless and fuel-less and produces clean, safe and silent mobile power. Go completely off the grid by connecting a compatible solar charger and recharge PowerHouse with the sun's limitless power.*

Triple Output Modes

PowerHouse offers you varied modes of power delivery. A 12V socket, an AC outlet and 4 fast-charging USB ports allow you to power an extensive range of devices or appliances.

Safety Guaranteed

Battery Management System undertakes voltage control, temperature control, short circuit prevention and more advanced safety procedures. It conducts active cell balancing to optimize battery performance, thus extending battery life.

Worry-Free Warranty

At Anker, we believe in our products. That's why we back them all with an 18-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

• 2 weeks later...

Just got to know that my DAC does not use 5v line from PC'usb, hence my Schiit Wyrd make no sense in usb "decrapifier". So I use Wyrd to power the OS SSD instead of a power bank (because Wyrd provides 0.5 A linear current). The result is considerable, bigger than things happen when I change a 200$ pair of interconnect cable to a 500 $ one in the same system.

• 1 month later...
Very interesting. So, 0.5A was enough for your SSD? Which SSD do you use as your OS SSD? Can you describe the SQ difference between using a battery pack and linear PSU like Wyrd? What battery pack did you try before using the Wyrd?

I think 0.5 A is more than enough. My SSD is a 128Gb Sandisk. The powerbank is in this link: Aliexpress.com : Buy 2015 New Original Xiaomi Power Bank 10000mAh Xiaomi Portable Battery For Xiaomi Mi4 Mi4i Mi Note Redmi Note Andriod Mobile Phone from Reliable battery powered toy vehicles suppliers on Hong Kong Goldway

• 4 weeks later...

In same boat here.

I've got a 2nd USB disk to give the battery enough load so that it stays alive for the SSD.

if there's a more elegant solution or a currently available powerbank that is more suitable would love to know.

IMG_4918.jpg

• 5 months later...

What "batteries' are people using these days to power SSDs? I really like the concept of the Bakoon battery which can be plugged in all the time but it is discontinued. I became tired of constantly having to recharge the Anker batteries. Is there a product that works like the Bakoon and others have tried?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

What "batteries' are people using these days to power SSDs? I really like the concept of the Bakoon battery which can be plugged in all the time but it is discontinued. I became tired of constantly having to recharge the Anker batteries. Is there a product that works like the Bakoon and others have tried?

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f27-uptone-audio-sponsored/ultracap%99-linear-power-supply-1-launch-thread-29974/

Exceedingly popular around here these days. But don't take my word for it. :)

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f27-uptone-audio-sponsored/ultracap%99-linear-power-supply-1-listening-impressions-thread-30172/

Lifepo A123 directly powering a Compact flash card to SATA adapter with another separate Lifepo A123 powering an upgraded oscillator on the SATA adapter board is the best sound I've managed. I've not tried an LPS-1 or seen the circuit board so cannot comment. The bakoon sounds good (not as good as above though) but the circuit design requires the inclusion of various components between the battery's output and the load. The lifepo solution described above maintains a direct connection from cell to load with the low impedance etc benefits that this brings.

If you are interested in a bakoon I have one that I am currently not using and I might be persuaded to part with it ;-)