IGNORED

exaSound e18 - e20 - e28 - Info and Experiences Post All Here

Where are we at with Linux USB drivers for these units? Cheers?

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

GREAT! look forward to it!

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to program my Harmony One to control my e20. Has anyone done this?

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

I am trying to program my Harmony One to control my e20. Has anyone done this?

No, I, but I have got a harmony home control with home hub working just fine into an e28. I had to have the setup "learn" the remote code for volume, because that is all I need it for. Works great with an IR flasher from the hub in front of the e28. But, I think, with Harmony One, the remote clicker will put out IR directly, so the flasher is not necessary. Meanwhile, I can also use my iPad or Android phone to control volume.

The NativeDSD.Com web site is now offering four releases from Yarlung Records available in DSD256. You can find them at https://yarlungrecords.nativedsd.com. All releases are mastered by Steve Hoffman and recorded by Bob Attiyeh. The DSD files in 256, 128 and 64 fs are direct transfers from the SonoruS Series of Yarlung analog tapes - Yarlung Records - new artists, classic music.

Bob Attiyeh's of Yarlung Records provides some insight about the recordings:

"The SonoruS Series uses RMGI 468 analog tape running at 15 ips, or Agfa 468 when we had it, with no mixer. We created these DSD files using the SonoruS ATR10 playing into Messenger preamplification by Elliot Midwood into the Hapi converter and Pyramix software from Merging Technologies in Switzerland."

I would like to thank Bob Attiyeh and the Yarlung Records team, David W. Robinson, Tom Caulfield, Jarred Sacks and the people from NativeDSD for making these DSD256 releases possible. We at exaSound are extremely grateful to be part of this endeavor.

George Klissarov,

exaSound

George Klissarov and his team at exaSound are both generous and modest in their post. This is the exaSound Quartet, Yarlung's first four DSD releases. exaSound sponored these wonderful recordings and it is thanks to exaSound that they made their DSD debuts today. Many thanks! Please visit exaSound.com

Sincerely,

Bob Attiyeh, producer

Yarlung Records

Yarlung Records - new artists, classic music

The NativeDSD.Com web site is now offering four releases from Yarlung Records available in DSD256. You can find them at https://yarlungrecords.nativedsd.com. All releases are mastered by Steve Hoffman and recorded by Bob Attiyeh. The DSD files in 256, 128 and 64 fs are direct transfers from the SonoruS Series of Yarlung analog tapes - Yarlung Records - new artists, classic music.

"The SonoruS Series uses RMGI 468 analog tape running at 15 ips, or Agfa 468 when we had it, with no mixer. We created these DSD files using the SonoruS ATR10 playing into Messenger preamplification by Elliot Midwood into the Hapi converter and Pyramix software from Merging Technologies in Switzerland."

I would like to thank Bob Attiyeh and the Yarlung Records team, David W. Robinson, Tom Caulfield, Jarred Sacks and the people from NativeDSD for making these DSD256 releases possible. We at exaSound are extremely grateful to be part of this endeavor.

George Klissarov,

exaSound

Dear Mr. Klissarov:

Thank you for sharing this news and for sponsoring the releases! And it looks like quire a fine and experienced team was assembled to produce them. I'll look forward to sampling some of the music.

Sincerely,

Alex C.

I'll look forward to sampling some of the music.

Sincerely,

Alex C.

Too cheap to buy one? ;)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

George and I go back quite some time on a personal level (reviewed a few of his wonderful DACs, only to strike up a friendship) and now I am proud to be involved on a professional (albeit volunteer on my end) level by him partnering with our NativeDSD work. Bob's team, George's team and Jared's team.....quite a superstar league. :)

Too cheap to buy one? ;)

Dear Jud and Dear Alex,

Jud, I appreciate your concern for our bottom line. But just so you know, we are happy for people to download the free tracks (which go all the way up to 256fs) and enjoy them. Jared and the team at NativeDSD regularly update their "Just Listen" album, and there is good material there across the musical spectrum.

The free "Just Listen" album is designed to introduce people to DSD music (and its glories) before they pay for it. It is our hope, and Jared's, that once people have heard these files, and have set up their playback systems correctly to appreciate it, that they will want more tracks from those same albums. If we do a good job on the production end, people will probably be happy to support us with album download purchases later. In the meantime, have fun!

http://goo.gl/qo0W1j

Yarlung's two tracks on the "Just Listen" album are tracks 9 and 10, "Game of Clocks" by Diego Schissi played by Smoke & Mirrors percussion ensemble, and "Calcutta Sunrise" with the famed Badal Roy on tabla. You will remember Badal Roy from his now legendary recordings with Miles Davis and Ornette Coleman. For you jazz buffs, our own jazz quartet, Sophisticated Lady, is pretty good! Bill Milkowski wrote a glowing review in "The Absolute Sound." My copy arrived last night, and needless to say, we are pleased! Here is a transcription of Bills' superb review: Yarlung Records :: Sophisticated Lady

Have fun guys!

Bob

Yarlung Records - new artists, classic music

George Klissarov,

exaSound

Congratulations to you George, Bob Attiyeh from Yarlung Records, Ted, Jared and all the NativeDSD team to give us the chance to have and listen incredible musical events.

First I DL the two free Just Listen tracks, then the full Smoke & Mirrors album at 128 and I was so impressed that today DL at 256.

I Just can believe it about this wonderful work, please continue feeding us…!

Kind regards,

Roch

First I DL the two free Just Listen tracks, then the full Smoke & Mirrors album at 128 and I was so impressed that today DL at 256.

I Just can believe it about this wonderful work, please continue feeding us…!

Kind regards,

Roch

Dear Roch,

You make a recording engineer like me very happy indeed. Glad you're enjoying this repertoire. Great musicians, aren't they!

Best wishes for a happy weekend,

Bob

^ Sure. But I need a linux driver for my e28 !

Thanks

Hi,

this is my DIY 4-way active DSP based stereo system using e28 DAC. All processing is done in JRiver Media Center DSP. After going through all 8 channels of e28, sound goes to power amplifiers and then straight to speaker drivers.

Thanks to e28 my system has rised at higher level. Everything sounds much detailed, even by very complex music every tiny detail gets through and is so seperated that I get a feeling that music has become faster. Although the sound comes out very detailed, it is not at any time sharp or unpleasant. This is a very natural sounding DAC. I have never heard more natural vocals and cymbals. Finally, "s" sounds as it should and every fundamental has it's right harmonics without any smearing or dirt.

42.jpg

33.jpg

e28_dac_crop.jpg

e28_dac2.jpg

More info: Ultimate OB Gallery - Page 126 - diyAudio

Hey Darkheart.

Congratulations on your DIY speakers!! I'm a bit envious as what you've done is very similar to what I'd like to do: a 4-way stereo system with digital XO and a muktichannel DAC directly driving amps. I am also leaning towards open baffle mids/treble, boxed woofer/s and subwoofers in a separate box. Have you considered using digital room correction software? I'm thinking Acourate for DRC, digital XO, time-aligning and linearizing speakers/drivers.

I seriously considerd the e28 but have walked away because it lacks the ADC stage to make life easier with Acourate. So interested I was I purchased an e22 to try out.

Are you running 8 channels in PCM, DSD, or upconverting? What's your computer and how hard is it running? With the e22 I found HQPlayer upconverting PCM to DSD sounded best, but loaded the PC quite a bit.

BTW, what drivers did you choose for your DIY speakers?

Thanks, Lewinski!

You can find description of my system in this post: Ultimate OB Gallery - Page 126 - diyAudio

Building photos: http://dra.lv/gOGvTC

I don't use any room correction software, only some manual correction in bass region with parametric equalizer. There are also some accoustic panels and bass traps in the room, that helps.

You don't really need an expensive ADC for Acourate. For room measurements I am using REW software, ESI Maya44 PCI card and Behringer ECM8000 microphone.

My PC has AMD Athlon II X2 250 dual core 3GHz CPU, 4GB RAM. No problems with hi-res PCM. I don't have much DSD files, but I can't play them in DSD format through JRiver anyway, they all get converted to highest sample rate PCM. If I change Output encoding, I can't use all 8 channels of e28 for stereo DSD.

I posted this on another thread, but thought it would be relevant here.

This is a good time to try out the Yarlung downloads on Native DSD. I found out that NativeDSD and Yarlung have a special discount coupon for the 4 Native DSD Yarlung downloads. It is 15%. Use the code AUDIOCIRCLE as you check out.

https://yarlungrecords.nativedsd.com/

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

Just received my e22 the other day. Only have a few hours on it, but so far fantastic. I'm burning in a Hegel HD12 at the same time, and the comparison is difficult because they sound VERY different. But right out of the box the smoothness of the exaSound is unbelievable, especially on vocals. I didn't even realize I cared about smoothness that much until I heard this baby...

Two questions, the first rather stupid: Is it possible to turn off the display? The second: anyone know if the JRemote volume control plug-in will be available for OSX anytime soon?

Mac Mini (+Tidal +Roon) -> WiFi -> Lyngdorf TDAI1120 ->JM Reynaud Lucia (Tellurium Q Black v2)

I just found out the 15% discount is good through November 25th. Larry

This is a good time to try out the Yarlung downloads on Native DSD. I found out that NativeDSD and Yarlung have a special discount coupon for the 4 Native DSD Yarlung downloads. It is 15%. Use the code AUDIOCIRCLE as you check out.

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

Larry

I bought the "Suryodaya" download, sounds great. Although I do wish more music in my preferred genres will get released in DSD (where are the live doom/death metal recordings, lol.)

I do wish more music in my preferred genres will get released in DSD (where are the live doom/death metal recordings, lol.)

Florilegium Plays Agalloch is in the planning stages, I hear. ;)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Just received my e22 the other day. Only have a few hours on it, but so far fantastic. I'm burning in a Hegel HD12 at the same time, and the comparison is difficult because they sound VERY different. But right out of the box the smoothness of the exaSound is unbelievable, especially on vocals. I didn't even realize I cared about smoothness that much until I heard this baby...

Two questions, the first rather stupid: Is it possible to turn off the display? The second: anyone know if the JRemote volume control plug-in will be available for OSX anytime soon?

No you can't turn off the display, I wish you could. Wait until you get about 400 hours on it, it just keeps getting better. I ran mine 24/7 for 30 days. Also USB cables do make a difference on the e22, no matter what George of exeSound says. The cable shipped with it is OK, but lacking in bass and not as smooth in the treble as with some better cables. I settled on the Audioquest Diamond as it showed up in many peoples top 10 USB cable roundups. I'm sure their are others as good or better out there, but I'm happy with it, for now. Great bass and smooth treble with good details aplenty. Enjoy.

Music Server(s):Mac Mini w/UpTone linear power supply JS-2, SoTM 200 w/LPS-1, AQ Diamond USB cable,

Music Server Operating System:Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Roon, HQP, A+

USB Digital to Analog Converter(s):PS Audio DS Jr. w/UpTone Audio ReGen  w/ LPS-1 Power Supply

Preamplifier:PS Audio BHK preamp; Amplifier(s):Parasound Amplifier A21; Loudspeakers:Magnapan 3.7

Loudspeaker Cables:AudioQuest CV8