IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

Larry

No. I'm trying DSD128 and DSD 256. The point I was trying to make is that my system was successfully able to do DSD512 non DoP when using the iDSD micro, using the same network configuration into the MR.

As a last ditch attempt to isolate the issue, I substituted a Win10 machine running NAA in place of the MR and perfect playback, no dropouts into the Chord using DoP.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

PS Audio P5 Power Plant>HQ Player Mac Book Pro BootCamp Win10>NAA Mac Mini BootCamp Win 10>REGEN Green>REGEN Amber>IFI iDSD Micro>BHSE>Stax SR-009

No. I'm trying DSD128 and DSD 256. The point I was trying to make is that my system was successfully able to do DSD512 non DoP when using the iDSD micro, using the same network configuration into the MR.

I would recommend sending highest possible rate PCM to Chord DACs instead of DSD, because the DSD is anyway converted to PCM there using not-so-great algorithm.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Yes, I have heard that PCM is the Chord forte. In my system, DSD sounds much better with much more detail.

I reverted to USB using Chord ASIO and it plays without dropouts and sounds really good at DSD256. Just got a new USB cable that breaks the 5v line from PC to Regen. Quite an improvement. I'll revisit the MicroRendu again at some point.

Thanks.

PS Audio P5 Power Plant>HQ Player Mac Book Pro BootCamp Win10>NAA Mac Mini BootCamp Win 10>REGEN Green>REGEN Amber>IFI iDSD Micro>BHSE>Stax SR-009

I reverted to USB using Chord ASIO and it plays without dropouts and sounds really good at DSD256. Just got a new USB cable that breaks the 5v line from PC to Regen. Quite an improvement. I'll revisit the MicroRendu again at some point.

For me, with microRendu, Mojo has some drop-outs every now and then with DSD256.

With ASIO on Windows, it works for a minute or so at 705.6/768k or DSD256 before things go wrong and I get just noise out. With WASAPI on Windows it seems stable... And when connected straight to my Linux desktop workstation.

Thanks, I appreciate hearing I'm not the only one having issues with MR. I'm listening now to DSD256 polysinc mp ADMS5 using ASIO. Playing without issues and sounds really good.

Thanks again.

I had lost of dropouts even at lower rates. Found out my Apple Extreme (tall) router was not fast enough. A big ugly Netgear R8000 router fixed it.

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

I had lost of dropouts even at lower rates. Found out my Apple Extreme (tall) router was not fast enough. A big ugly Netgear R8000 router fixed it.

Chord USB interface is strange piece and seems to be extremely sensitive. IIRC, I've been driving iFi iDSD Micro with same speeds without issues using microRendu...

Hi all

in my relatively complex digital system some days ago I've introduced Win Server 2016 (essential) on both Server and NAA PC. They are connected with a local direct network with this scheme

PC server>ethernet cable(Vodka Audioquest)>TPLink MC210>fiber optical Cable>TPlink MC210> another Vodka Audioquest>PC NAA. No internet link and linear PSU with Belleson regulators for each TPlink, preserving a true galvanic isolation.

Using last release 3.14.3 with NAD340 sound is astonished, a really step forward on sound quality, but....... how can I try new IPV6 connection in this way? I usually connect both PC with a IPV4 static address (very simple 10.0.0.1 in the server and 10.0.0.2 for the NAA) but I cannot find instructions about a static address link on IPV6. Is it possible? If possible how it will be the static IPV6 on each pc?

Using last release 3.14.3 with NAD340 sound is astonished, a really step forward on sound quality, but....... how can I try new IPV6 connection in this way? I usually connect both PC with a IPV4 static address (very simple 10.0.0.1 in the server and 10.0.0.2 for the NAA) but I cannot find instructions about a static address link on IPV6. Is it possible? If possible how it will be the static IPV6 on each pc?

IPv6 should work with address autoconfiguration. IPv6 has fairly elaborate automatic local network address configuration that doesn't require servers. But yes, you can set static IPs for IPv6 as well. Use "fc00" prefix for local static addresses. For example "fc00::1" and "fc00::2" on the two computers.

I would try another router, as I am using the Apple router as well, but it worked fine for DSD 512 when I was using another DAC that did not require DoP.

Ok, I see. Although I didn’t use a Chord dac.

In my case I was doing wifi to ethernet – the Extreme was not up to the task even at DSD64. Now my setup is different (Roon server and HQP on separate machine.

Chord USB interface is strange piece and seems to be extremely sensitive. IIRC, I've been driving iFi iDSD Micro with same speeds without issues using microRendu...

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

The thing that points to the MicroRendu is that when I simply substitute it ( literarily moving the Ethernet cable) with a Win10 PC running NAA 3.4, I get perfect playback at all DSD rates that Chord supports.

The mR is not a true gigabit device – it can only do 450(?) mbit. That mean the router need to do some negotiating between network devices. The R8000 has a co-processor specifically for this task.

Ok, I wasn't aware of that. On the other hand, this issue only manifests itself with DSD sent via DoP and it happens even at DSD 128. Does not seem to be a correlation between data rate and the dropout issue. It seems to me there is a buffering issue on the MicroRendu side that only comes into play when it is sent a DoP signal. Just an somewhat educated guess on my part.

Maybe. DoP has a large overhead – DSD128 is transmitted via 24/358 kHz PCM. Have you tried even higher PCM rates? I still suspect the latency/buffering occurs at the router, not the mR.

Hello, I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this to, so if it is not, please pardon me and point me in the right direction!

If it is... I recently set up macmini/HQPlayer/Roon/mR feeding my Bricasti upsampling pcm to 192 and dsd to 5.6. Regardless which format i play, mid track, the music stops and i hear loud white noise. I've restarted all services/devices, and still occurs mid tracks. I tried roon/mR and it works fine.

Any idea what's going on?

Hello, I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this to, so if it is not, please pardon me and point me in the right direction!

If it is... I recently set up macmini/HQPlayer/Roon/mR feeding my Bricasti upsampling pcm to 192 and dsd to 5.6. Regardless which format i play, mid track, the music stops and i hear loud white noise. I've restarted all services/devices, and still occurs mid tracks. I tried roon/mR and it works fine.

Any idea what's going on?

Might consider posting over on:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-naa-output-mode-27274/

Help Please

I am trying to install HQPlayer NAA onto a NanoPi Neo

I have installed the Armbian distro

Downloaded and installed https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb

The installation runs and a message comes up saying "configuring networkaudiod"

The end user license says "Click I agree" but no Iagee , or cancel , button is evident.

Did you get the HQP NAA working on your NanoPi Neo ?.

I am trying to do the same thing on a NanoPi M1.

When I try to install the https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb there is a dependency error. It says it needs libstdc++6 (>=5.2). The installed version of libstdc++6 is 4.9.2-10 which is the latest available from Debian.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Did you get the HQP NAA working on your NanoPi Neo ?.

I am trying to do the same thing on a NanoPi M1.

When I try to install the https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb there is a dependency error. It says it needs libstdc++6 (>=5.2). The installed version of libstdc++6 is 4.9.2-10 which is the latest available from Debian.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Stephen

I had the same problem when using the Armbian Jessie Image. I fixed it by using the Xenial image that Armbian also provided for the Neo.

I notice that there is no Xenial image for the M1. Maybe somebody on the Armbian forum can sort it for you. They have been very helpful with me.

Let me know how you get on. I am looking at moving to an Orange Pi + 2E as it has a Gigabit ethernet port which might work with the Gigabit Fibre Media Converters that I have. I cant get the fibre to work with the slower ethernet of the Neo despite the Media Converters being advertised as auto negotiating. Armbian do not have a Xenial image for the Orange Pi + 2E so will need to find a way to overcome the same problem.

Regards

Carl Mawer

Hi Stephen

I had the same problem when using the Armbian Jessie Image. I fixed it by using the Xenial image that Armbian also provided for the Neo.

I notice that there is no Xenial image for the M1. Maybe somebody on the Armbian forum can sort it for you. They have been very helpful with me.

Let me know how you get on. I am looking at moving to an Orange Pi + 2E as it has a Gigabit ethernet port which might work with the Gigabit Fibre Media Converters that I have. I cant get the fibre to work with the slower ethernet of the Neo despite the Media Converters being advertised as auto negotiating. Armbian do not have a Xenial image for the Orange Pi + 2E so will need to find a way to overcome the same problem.

Regards

Carl Mawer

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I will ask over on the Armbian forums about a Xenial image for the NanoPi M1. Since all these boards (incl. the Orange Pi + 2E) are all AllWinner H3 SoC based maybe it is not too hard to do... who knows...

I will report back on my progress.