IGNORED

Post your favorite Youtube performances...

• 3 weeks later...

A couple off the top of my head...

The tail end of a Larrivee ad by Justin King:

Pierre Bensusan, live, playing "La Femme Chambree" (his playing almost always makes my eyes well up):

Kraftwerk, live in NYC @ the MOMA, April 2012 (I was there, hence the reason it's a "favorite"):

...more to come.

Apple Mac Pro / SSD / FLAC / Logitech Media Server >> Wi-Fi >> Logitech Squeezebox Touch (w/EDO) >> TOSLINK >> Chord Qute EX >> RG6 >> Goldpoint SA-1 >> RG6 >> James Burgess "Baby Ongaku" (EML 2A3M) >> 12 AWG zip cord >> Omega Speaker Systems Super 8 XRS

Be prepared, you are not going to be treated with audiophile SQ :-)

There are singers and there are artists

Jacques Brel-Ne me quitte pas (Eng. Subtitles) - YouTube

I also like this version of "Don't think twice it's alright"

Peter Paul and Mary, Don't Think Twice It's Alright - YouTube

.. and the bits just keep on comin´./MacMini/iTunes/Spotify/E-DAC(ODAC)/SB Touch (for Internet radio only)/Marantz PM-KI Pearl Lite/ Amphion Argon1

Crystal Castles - The Plague

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Michael Hedges on The Artist Profile (54:43 of interview, and live footage from an unreleased Lake Tahoe concert that occurred in 1996):

Apple Mac Pro / SSD / FLAC / Logitech Media Server >> Wi-Fi >> Logitech Squeezebox Touch (w/EDO) >> TOSLINK >> Chord Qute EX >> RG6 >> Goldpoint SA-1 >> RG6 >> James Burgess "Baby Ongaku" (EML 2A3M) >> 12 AWG zip cord >> Omega Speaker Systems Super 8 XRS

I've seen/heard many an iteration of the SMB theme, but this one is the $%#@. Freaking brilliant!

[video=youtube;aRy8oG-6Kxc]

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Played some The Don Cossacks Choir this evening. Hit the brooding and slow "Moscow Nights". Remembered the jazzed version. I believe I first heard it in a Disney cartoon movie. Didn't know who performed it. Hadn't heard it for years. Searched. Found it! ... Kenny Ball and his Jazzmen:

[video=youtube_share;Cn8Os8nig74]http://youtu.be/Cn8Os8nig74

Peachtree Audio DAC-iT, Dynaco Stereo 70 Amp w/ Curcio triode cascode conversion, MCM Systems .7 Monitors

• 1 month later...

From time to time, I send myself on a sort of fool's errand looking for "who's the best" - though, I really don't think there is any "best". However, sometimes I hear something jaw-dropping that is even more amazing when I get to watch.

Here are two:

Roy Buchanan

and, Buddy Rich

This gentlemen's rendition of John Fahey's track of the same name from The Dances of Death & Other Plantation Favorites has always been my absolute favorite. The lo-fi recording, combined with just a touch of reverb really makes this one for me. It's so simple, yet so beautifully haunting. He should be proud.

[video=youtube;q_fk-d7v-O4]

I saw Kat at Cézanne in Houston, and accidentally so. My wife and I were walking down Montrose, coming from another music establishment, and I got the wild hair to pull her into the place. As we walked up the stairs I heard this voice singing this very song; a voice that, quite frankly, didn't sound like it was coming from a tiny adorable white girl. The place was a heck of a lot more quiet than the place in this video - you could've heard a pin drop. It seemed that I was not the only one transfixed by her voice. That wonderful instrument of hers, along with the droning piano, percussion and truly excellent flugelhorn playing painted such a dark and beautiful picture. If you don't own the album, just go get it now. This track alone is worth the price.

What a great way to discover new music - thanks everyone! Julie Fowlis recording sounds amazing.

Here's Sia, getting rather big in Trance/electronic circles, but her acoustic work is amazing, what a voice. Here you'll see a very nice cellist too, she gets right into it as the song continues. A haunting song, that voice...

Sia - Breathe Me (KCRW 2007) - YouTube

Simmo W

Melbourne, Australia

Grado PS500 headphones; Burson Soloist SL Amp; Musical Fidelity M1DAC;

iFi iUSB; Transparent MusicLink Plus interconnects; Wireworld Starlight USB;

Lessloss Audio DFPC Signature cable to PC; Foobar 2000; JPlay

[video=youtube;uv38m36-nsU]

If you've never heard these guys, well... Enjoy.

I posted that last one because it contained the entirety of the track (this one's missing the last few bits), but now I'm seeing that it's only an image of the album cover (video on my work machine is fouled; I have to review on my phone). Sorry about that, folks.

Here's the actual video:

[video=youtube;IpGp-22t0lU]

Again, enjoy.