IGNORED

Post your favorite Youtube performances...

• 2 weeks later...
[video=youtube;q_fk-d7v-O4]

I saw Kat at Cézanne in Houston, and accidentally so. My wife and I were walking down Montrose, coming from another music establishment, and I got the wild hair to pull her into the place. As we walked up the stairs I heard this voice singing this very song; a voice that, quite frankly, didn't sound like it was coming from a tiny adorable white girl. The place was a heck of a lot more quiet than the place in this video - you could've heard a pin drop. It seemed that I was not the only one transfixed by her voice. That wonderful instrument of hers, along with the droning piano, percussion and truly excellent flugelhorn playing painted such a dark and beautiful picture. If you don't own the album, just go get it now. This track alone is worth the price.

Holy Shit Mick! I NEED her album!!!

DAMNIT, she was just here on the 16th and I missed her...

No electron left behind.

• 3 weeks later...

This is some great stuff out of North Carolina. Brings to mind Dolly Parton.

Here is a local band from New Orleans, Hurray for the Riff Raff performing a track from their latest album live from the Ninth Ward.

And this one is a great version of John Boutte and Paul Sanchez doing "At the Foot of Canal Street".

Great thread.

Craig

NOLA, LA

The Concert for George might be my favorite concert video. So many great performances of so many great songs. This is, IMO, Eric Clapton's best work. It's hard to pick just one. How 'bout Jeff Lynne and Anoushka Shankar on "The Inner Light" or Billy Preston on "My Sweet Lord" or Eric Clapton and Billy Preston on "Isn't it a Pity" or Joe Brown on "That's the Way it Goes" or Sam Brown on "Lead a Horse to Water". But I have to give the nod to Paul McCartney and Eric Clapton on "Something".

What a great thread!

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

[video=youtube_share;nDxTLUmsR-s]

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

The audio/video quality aren't the best here but good enough to give the flavor. When I saw this live, Cockburn was playing a 12-string guitar - it was absolutely mesmerizing.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

• 3 months later...

Wow, that was a great Toto cover. I'm inspired to spin my vinyl copy of the original.

I just heard about The Civil Wars last week, now I can't get enough. Some powerful singing and great songwriting! Doesn't hurt to have a good looking woman, too . . .

[video=youtube;A-DB2btV2oQ]